[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>5 years ago >The Panthers finished 2-14 and had the #1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 37
File: broncos-panthers.jpg (48 KB, 360x318) Image search: [Google]
broncos-panthers.jpg
48 KB, 360x318
>5 years ago
>The Panthers finished 2-14 and had the #1 overall draft pick
>The Broncos went 4-12 and had the #2 overall draft pick
>Panthers select Cam Newton
>Broncos select Von Miller

>In 5 years, they've built superbowl caliber teams and will now face each other

>Meanwhile, the Bills, Raiders, Browns, Rams, Jags, Titans, Bucs, Dolphins, Jets & Bears have all missed the playoffs since that draft

Is it an ownership issue? How is it that those two teams can go from #1 and #2 to Superbowl and the rest of those teams all crap out so hard and so often?
>>
Elway is a mad man who built that team.
>>
>>65202868
The defenses just came together. Ron Rivera had a plan and was allowed to stay long enough to implement it. Elway has a good eye for talent. yeah, coaches/owners play the biggest role.
>>
>>65202868
Raiders have an excuse
>worst managed team after 2002 until the owner's death from dementia in 2011
>son cleans house completely and hires a new GM that wasn't his father , new GM hires a new coach while he figures out how to tame the worst salary capped team
That was 2012 , now
>6 probowlers , technically 5 since Woodson is retiring
>franchise QB , OLB , WR , HB etc..
>projected to be owl contenders for the next 5 years
>have the most money to spend now and possibly next year if they don't sign folks like al did
>>
File: duck.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
duck.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
>>65202868
>Bills
Cheap ownership, busted 1st round picks, no coaching stability for more than 2 years.

>Raiders
They are building something in another year or so they will be fine with Mack and Carr, but at the same time Mark Davis is a cheap horrible owner that wants to leave the city unless they pay for a new stadium.

>Browns
They are the Browns, horrible owner, 5 HC in 6 years I think, 3 first round picks in 2 years including the 3rd overall and all three were busts, owner is a criminal who pled stupid when his company got raided by FBI and IRS, fans are sad people and it's a poor place to live/play at.

>Rams
See Browns; the only reason I think they are just as bad is b/c they won't fire Fischer, they got 7 first round picks in last 4 years and have barely done shit with any of them, despite half of them being on defensive line so at least that's good, but they never got a QB.

>Jags
Getting better, I have a feeling they will be like the Carolina Panthers soon (not 2015 panthers more like the John Fox ones), Bradley is a below-average coach, new owner doesn't know what he wants yet, also had bad luck with their first round pick this year the 3rd overall and possibly best defensive player in 2015 draft blowing out his knee or whatever he did.
>>
John Fox got fired after that Panthers team was bad enough to get the number 1 pick.

Then hired by the team with the number 2 pick.
>>
File: 1453689712766.jpg (93 KB, 874x666) Image search: [Google]
1453689712766.jpg
93 KB, 874x666
>>65202868

Carolina took a chance and let go of it's super bowl appearance old blood (Smith, Proehl, Delhomme, John Fox, etc.)
By taking a chance on making a dual threat in Newton a franchise QB who's team is built around him they've come up from the lowest of the lows within 4 years and have come back into prominence.

Denver is the same but that they had a modern legend in Elway orchestrate and influence who they've added. Only a QB who has experienced what it's like to get sacked and how disheartening it is to an offense can tell you how effective and necessary a great pass rush is and now it's paying off with them in having the number 1 defense in the league bar none.
>>
>>65203111
>raiders
>money
>>
>>65203174
>This butthurt pseudolib
kek
>>
>>65203174
>number 1 defense bar none
>le yardage defense
>>
File: MVP.jpg (30 KB, 467x363) Image search: [Google]
MVP.jpg
30 KB, 467x363
>>65203174
>you don't go for 2 up 40-15

You do when you're telling everyone to fuck off
>>
Do teams purposefully start playing like shit when they realize they have no hope to reach the playoffs? You know, to get a better spot in the drafts?
>>
>>65203370
some do
>>
>>65203370
Yes, the ravens did that this year. Colts did it to get luck
>>
File: god_tier.jpg (8 KB, 231x200) Image search: [Google]
god_tier.jpg
8 KB, 231x200
Con't from >>65203129

>Titans
Horrible feeble owner with no idea how to run a team, good potential QB, but possibly the worst coaching staff in the NFL by FAR: I mean Mike Mularkey as HC, Terry Robiskie as OC, letting Horton walk to go to Cleveland WTF, not to mention the way they kept Mularkey is pure double-speak and the ownership looks like shit after hiring him.

>Bucs
Glazers don't care about football they care about their soccer team, they keep hiring and firing coaches after 2-3 years after Gruden, they have a really bad GM who is in over his head and doesn't sound confident at press conferences, also they signed horrible FA players who didn't fit their system or were overrated

>Dolphins
Owner meddles too much in business, they gave a massive contract to a meme QB, they don't have quality coaches and keep losing good staff to other teams, and Ross doesn't know how to hire the right President or GM to run his football operation.

>Jets
Quite simply put Rex Ryan and Woody Johnson running that team for years, as well as a few early round busts especially Geno Smith, although that's about it now I think they have a very good scout/GM running the show in Maccagan and a excellent coach in Todd Bowles considering what they did in one season with an average QB like Fitzpatrick (yes he's average very average).

>Bears
Same as Jets, except they still have a horrible GM who is in over his head, and an aging defense that still needs rebuilding, also overpaying for Cutler is hurting them re-build faster, other than that John Fox and Vic Fangio are fine as coaches and Fox has a well put together staff, I think they will be like the Giants were for the last 10 years, a good QB with up and down seasons, but they always have a chance to make a run b/c of experienced coaching staff.
>>
Ive been following the NFL since 2007 and I cant actually imagine a universe were the Browns arent complete shit
>>
>>65203266
>le counting defense points against the opposing defense

22 of the 296 points that "stats" say the Broncos defense gave up were from pick sixes & safeties, which puts them at 17.1

Feel free to find stats to compare
>>
>>65203513
they had a 10-6 year and missed the playoffs around 06-07

Didn't build on it and went to shit.
>>
>>65203370
Philadelhpia 76ers have had like 3 straight last place finishes or something. They think they're gonna build some superteam within the next 5 years. They're delusional as fuck.
>>
>>65203513
>spending anything on johnny meme
>>
File: 10712655[1].jpg (36 KB, 700x587) Image search: [Google]
10712655[1].jpg
36 KB, 700x587
>>65202868
5 years ago the Jaguars had the worst GM in NFL history by far and I get physically exhausted from anger when people insinuate that Matt Millen was worse.

There are more players in the Jaguars offensive lineup alone from the 2014 draft than there are draft picks on the roster from 2009-2012
>>
File: 1452464061705.jpg (37 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1452464061705.jpg
37 KB, 500x375
>>65203429
Bonus team: The Redskins (my team)
For 15 years they had a meddlesome owner and a GM who wasn't worth his merit despite coming from the Super Owl winning 49ers of the '90s, then hired an overrated coach in Mike Shanahan who tried building a roster that was never really good and changed a solid 4-3 defense (which was the one thing the Skins had that was good) into a 3-4 led by coach Jim Haslett who was overrated as shit. Also they had bad drafts and traded 2 first round picks and a 2nd round pick for a QB who's injury prone and refuses to learn a traditional system. Although all that is changing now. People haven't heard anything from the owner in over a year, Scot McCloughan and Bruce Allen have had 2 solid drafts, and the team is playing together as one and hanging out together after the off-season, which is weird to me but whatever, so I'm not worried.
>>
File: 1451797349198.jpg (1 MB, 900x1350) Image search: [Google]
1451797349198.jpg
1 MB, 900x1350
>>65203513
< This, and constant coaching changes are a big reasons for "The Mistake by the Lake", also known as "The Factory of Sadness", and "Death Row" for NFL players.
>>
>>65203526
take away the fumble/kick return from the seahawks "stats" and they average about 15.6 give or take
>>
>>65203513
John Elway and the Broncos completely broke Cleveland football in the late 80's.

They've been shit since.
>>
>>65203717
how many points off of special teams/offensive goof ups did seattle give up?
>>
The Broncos became relevant because of Chicken Parm not because of their defense. It was only this season that their defense became beast, most likely because of Wade Phillips - which is convenient for them because their offense kinda went to shit.
>>
File: 8559054785.jpg (367 KB, 1552x686) Image search: [Google]
8559054785.jpg
367 KB, 1552x686
>>65203743
>Implying one team broke the Cleveland Browns
The Browns have been bad since the '70s, sad part was their staff in the early 90's was pretty good considering it turned into the Ravens and a few years later they won a Super Bowl, not to mention some guy named Belicheck was the head coach.

BTW, TFW Joe Gibbs and the Redskins completely broke John Elway and the Broncos in the Super Bowl, putting them into a depression for 10 years before they became truly relevant again.
>>
>>65203775
2 fumble returns, 1 punt return and 1 kickoff return so give or take 28 points (im only looking at the TD log dont know if they went for 2 and missed/ missed extra points, etc)
>>
>>65203871
>BTW, TFW Joe Gibbs and the Redskins completely broke John Elway and the Broncos in the Super Bowl

Is that why they went to another one 2 years later?
>>
>>65202868
This picture makes me think of Trump.

His angry face on the bottom, his mane of glory on top.

Pic related.
>>
File: 00.jpg (62 KB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
62 KB, 580x326
>needing half a decade to not be shit anymore
lol is this supposed to be a big accomplishment
>>
>>65203955
You shillcunts aren't even being subtle anymore.
How pathetic does a candidate have to be that his campaign is going the most actively on 4chins of all places?
>>
>>65204050
The pats needed 40 years to win their first owl lmao
>>
>>65204050
>the pats needed 25 seasons to even sniff their first owl
>they lost it anyway

lol
>>
>>65204050

>Casually ommiting that the Pats were shit for quite a few years including a 1-15 1990 season.

Who would've thought a logo change could lead to a dynasty.
>>
>>65204050
>Pats fans
>Started watching the sport less than 12 months ago

pick two
>>
>>65204074
Do you not see it? I just thought it was funny.
>>
File: 1450093500465.gif (1 MB, 374x206) Image search: [Google]
1450093500465.gif
1 MB, 374x206
>>65203111
>projected to be owl contenders for the next 5 years

Senpai, come on senpai, really come on.
>>
>>65202938
Elway worships sATAN
>>
File: 1453636337456.gif (928 KB, 400x243) Image search: [Google]
1453636337456.gif
928 KB, 400x243
>>65203924
Oh yeah, how did that turn out for them again??
>>
>>65203630
>>65203429
>>65203129
I like you're analyst. Would you be so kind to do one for

>Chargers
>Seahawks
>Vikings
>>
>>65203429
jest fan here. Our failure was almost entirely the fault of the two GMs during the Rex Ryan era. He should have been let go with the old burning Christmas tree (Woody's fault), but very little was really his fault with the shit management he had to put up with. I'm also not as sold on Bowles as you are.
Also,
>Busc
Firing Lovie Smith was the right move, but I can't disagree elsewhere.
>Titans
There needs to be a Jets-Titans broship because Bud Adams saved the New York Jets franchise from a drunken former owner running it into the ground back in the AFL days. My heart is with the Titans' fan base after his passing, I really hope it gets better
>>
>>65204441
Ok...
>Chargers
Same as most teams with meddlesome or cheap owners, Spanos is too involved with the team whether that means not caring enough or messing with them. They had a great HC for years in Schottenheimer, and average GM in AJ Smith who to me personally is more of an overseer/VP of operations, not really a scouting GM. Mike McCoy is a very inexperienced head coach and Frank Reich is not a good OC, I actually know him from when I went to UMD where he played college ball, I just never saw him as head coach material or very aggressive, if he was OC of Carolina they would not have the offense they have now, someone like Cam Newton would have hated it. Other than that, they have an aging roster and QB who is getting old, and has been hit ALOT, defense is okay I have no problem with Pagano.

>Seahawks
Yes the Seahawks have a few flaws despite them winning a SB, there was a reason they didn't get far this year. John Schneider is as close to a perfect prototypical GM as you can get part scout, part businessman, and part accountant. With that said he fell into a trap that all great FO fall into which is losing staff to other teams, it's something he'll have to overcome, I personally think getting ride of Scot McCloughan despite his problems was a huge mistake. Also all the players they drafted are coming up on contract years, these are guys who were cheap, now they are expensive you can't keep them all. I also just don't like Pete Carroll's style of ra-ra coaching, that works in college, I think it was more of the players the FO put together than Pete's coaching, Darrelle Bevell also isn't as great as people believe he is and losing Gus Bradley was costly, but that's what happens when your a successful team. With that said, Wilson is fine, staff will rebound and rebuild as always, hopefully less injuries b/c Rawls going down was a crucial blow to the offense. That's about it they have obvious flaws, but they will rebuild quick.
>>
>>65204860
SCHOTTENHEIMER CURSE
>>
Carolina hit big on almost all of their first rounders since Peppers and the Broncos have been in "win now" mode since 2012.

Denver will fall apart after this year so I'm not really impressed, but Carolina put together something special
>>
>>65204860
>>65203429
>>65203129

are you a professional scout or something, color me impressed anon
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 500x370
>>65203513
>since 2007

Are you a patsfag?
>>
File: 1452461025240s.jpg (9 KB, 250x217) Image search: [Google]
1452461025240s.jpg
9 KB, 250x217
>>65204441

Con't from >>65204860

>Vikings
Ziggy Wylf is not a great owner, he cares about his image more than anything else, even winning, not saying other owners aren't vain and selfish, but Ziggy outdoes alot of them. With that they are a rebuilding team that had a great draft this past year and also an excellent head coach in Mike Zimmer. I personally think Norv Turner is overrated and Bridgewater needs more work at QB, b/c when one player is the majority of your entire offense you will have problems if they get injured, just like Peterson did before. The Vikings have had a below mediocre team and coahces for over a decade, which include alot of changes and busted draft picks over those years. In 2 seasons with good drafting Zimmer and Co have completely rebuilt the defense, but I think they need a new offensive coordinator and philosophy if they want to be great, Norv isn't aggressive and it's obvious they will go to Peterson as long as he's healthy so how much longer does he really have? Maybe 2-3 years, they need to build on offense now, and keep Bridgewater and build an offense around his play-set, let the GM pick-up guys off the street and sign cheap players for the defense b/c Zimmer will coach anyone up, but they need to spend big and build around Bridgewater, b/c Peterson is on the decline sooner than later, and change the offensive philosophy now. Aside from that Leslie Fraiser and Brad Childress with no QB except a 1,000 year old Brett Favre? No shit they were horrible for the last 10 years b4 Zimmer.
>>
>>65205039

He hardly knows shit about the Jags that people don't already know outside of the owner "not knowing what he wants" which is wrong anyways. Khan just wants to build through the draft while maintaining stability which is why Gus Bradley is still there
>>
>>65204327
Senpai
The AFC west is horrible and Peyton is retiring
The AFC barely has contenders anymore
>>
File: what a handsome motherfucker.png (970 KB, 1440x1400) Image search: [Google]
what a handsome motherfucker.png
970 KB, 1440x1400
>>65203322
arians: the panthers are the worst 2nd half team in the nfl. if we come out hot we're gonna win this one.

rivera: pic related
>>
File: 1451118862425.png (116 KB, 797x835) Image search: [Google]
1451118862425.png
116 KB, 797x835
>>65203401
>Colts did it to get luck

be andrew luck
about to get drafted by the panther
OH HELL NO. I DONT WANT TO PLAY FOR A SHIT-TIER TEAM/OWNER. I'LL WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR.

Panthers end up having to draft Cam "God Jr." Newton instead.

and the rest is history......
>>
>>65205161
The Broncos got the 1 seed with Peyton playing like shit
>>
>>65203568
literally tank for 5 years to attempt to assemle a superteam.
5 years later still suck horseballs
>>
File: EDP titties.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
EDP titties.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>65205039
>>65204441
Can't tell if this is praise or sarcasm... Either way thanks, I'm just a fan who knows alot of football history and I try not to have a personal bias of any team, aside from the ones in my division, but even then I show them respect with a true analysis. I'm just a deadskins fan that has watched his team run into the ground, although the owner wants to win he tried everything, he just went the wrong way about it, so I'm happy to see it working now, so thank you.

BTW: if you anon's want an my analysis of any other NFL team I can do it, but keep in mind this is all just my personal opinion and my known history of all the teams, as well as coaches, I just watch and learn is all.
>>
Good luck signing Von miller to a 100 million dollar deal

hes gonna want at least that, that guy is selfish as fuck
>>
>>65202868
>Is it an ownership issue?
ron rivera interviewed for the head coaching jobs year after year after year and no one hired him till the panthers.
dave gettleman (gm) interview for GMs year after year after year and no one hired him till the panthers.

rivera is coaching out of his balls.
gettleman took a team in salary cap hell to the superbowl in 3 years.

also, daily reminder that the browns interviewed rivera and kubiak both but didn't hire either one.
>>
File: 1999309.jpg (44 KB, 448x315) Image search: [Google]
1999309.jpg
44 KB, 448x315
>>65205262

>be andre johnson
>"I'm gonna go to a team with a real QB and a real chance to win the super bowl"
>team you leave wins the division
>luck forever dubbed as a bust
>teams and QBs you said no to in super bowl

>clots
>>
>>65205161
Peypey had absolutely nothing to do with the Broncos being successful this year. They will be fine with Brock. The Chiefs will be better next year too. The Patriots and Steelers aren't going anywhere.
>>
>>65205372
>no more peyton
>no more clady
>no more ware
yeah they've got plenty of room to pay for ware
>>
>>65205390

Kubiak once again carried by the graces of a Wade Phillips defense in its first year. He will lose the SB and be out of the Broncos job in 3 years cap it
>>
>>65205404
room for miller*, not ware. fucks sake, there's always something
>>
File: second_tier.jpg (13 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
second_tier.jpg
13 KB, 225x225
>>65204742
>Jets
I know that but my point was Ryan's arrogance didn't help things either. He is the kind of coach that demands a staff built around what he wants and not what he has on hand, look at how he handled Mario Williams in Buffalo this year, they were fine with Schwartz as DC, no reason to ruin a bad thing, I mean he's a HC not a DC he needs to do what is best for the team. That said yes Sanchez was a huge bust, but the GM's were bad too, I just blame that on Woody. Todd Bowles is a great coach, and I believe you guys just need to give him more time and better players, the man knows how to fight and win.

>Bucs
I don't disagree with firing Smith, but why hire him in the first place to fire him 2 years later knowing his track record in Chicago, he's always needed a great QB to succeed, and it's his fault as well as the GM's signing players that obviously didn't fit the system, but I wouldn't have just given the job to Dirk Koetter to me that's not much of an upgrade.

>Titans
I feel for them, but the ownership is absolutely horrible. What they did with Mularkey saying he was their guy all along and didn't even look at many coaching prospects was insulting

All that said, I'm a deadskins fan and I hate the GIants probably as much as you do, but my team still has to deal with them twice a year, so I feel your pain of "living in their shadow".
>>
>>65205085

do one of the Steelers senpai
pls
>>
>>65205266
>>65205397
Listen
You know how players say having "so and so on the mound/center/etc really gives us a boost/confidence/etc"
It's true with Pey.

If anyone thinks the Broncos would have made it to the Super Bowl with Brock in the helm they're crazy and delusional . Peyton is the greatest game manager to ever grace the league since Troy Aikman. The biggest difference is Peyton was/is able to score as opposed to throw short troy .

Again I'll say it like this
The AFC in 3 years will be dominated by either the raiders , Jaguars , jets if they continue to rebuild as well as they're doing now , and or steelers .

The AFC west is horrible
KC has multiple players going on FA and it is very unlikely they'll keep them all.
Denver has some key players going in FA and as another anon stated Von is going to want that big pay check guaranteed .
Chargers are overall shit and old the raiders of 04-05 they'll stay like that for God knows how long
>>
File: 1449638370624s.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1449638370624s.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
>>65205094
He doesn't, he has no ties to the Jacksonville area and if he could he would try and move the team to another location. I didn't say he was an idiot, but he's a new NFL owner, no he doesn't know exactly what he wants yet, I promise you if Bradley has a bad year next year he's gone, that's why they only extended his contract to 1 year not 3 or 4, they don't want players playing for a lameduck coach. Khan isn't the architect of the Jaguars btw his FO is, how much talent has Khan evaluated, how many years of scouting colleges has he done? None, his GM wants to build through the draft, Khan just wants to win no matter how it happens. I said you guys have a great up and coming QB, WR, TE and your OL is building. The problem is your defense which was Gus Bradley's job, he still looks overwhelmed after 3 years of being a HC, which is why to me he's a question mark still as he is to Khan. So yes I know shit about the Jags, I know Coughlin, Del RIo, and Mularkey were your only relevant coaches, and Mularkey was horrible, Jack Del Rio is a doppleganger of Jeff Fischer which is why they got rid of him, and getting rid of Coughlin was a stupid move, b/c he took your expansion team to the play-offs with a very above average QB in Brunell. So quiet you.
>>
>>65205806
>delusional jagfag detected
>>
>>65205047
No, Im ABNEP
>>
>>65205671
The Broncos will lose prices but still have enough, plus Peytons contract will leave.

And Elway will keep building like he has been. They haven't lost the division in his tenure, even Tebow got them one.
>>
>>65205161
>Broncos didn't need Peyton to win
>Patriots were injured beyond hell and will be furious next year
>Kansas City still won 11 games in a row before losing on road to Patriots
>Texans got to the play-offs with 3 crappy QB's
>Jets have a great defense, good offense no guarantee they will be easy to beat

So guaranteeing that the Raiders will easily conquer the AFC for the next 5 years is kind of a stretch, play-offs probably, but they are far away from being AFC champions.
>>
>>65205926
Pretty sure they lost the division a few times
If the raiders were able to beat the Broncos with the incomplete team they have now and had the misfortune of missed FGs not happened in the first meeting the raiders would have swept the Broncos for the first time in years

Brock is a okay QB but offenses win games in the regular season just as much as defenses do
It isn't until the playoffs start where defenses start to win championships but to get there you got to win the regular season games
>>
File: 1453503433711.gif (858 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
1453503433711.gif
858 KB, 240x228
>>65205262
>>65205394
Knowing who the Colts owner is and we're even talking about them being relevant, they got lucky with Peyton Manning and they only won it all once, then get lucky again with Andrew Luck, to let him live in the life of mediocrity that will be the Clots, just like Peyton.
>>
>>65206043
>Patriots were injured
because no other team had injuries the entire year

why are patriot fags so goddamn retarded?
>>
>>65206087
The Broncos would have swept the raiders almost as easy as the other way, dipshit.
>>
>>65206168
because they don't actually like football, they just like winning
>>
>>65206043
>false
>true , not likely
>11 broken , horrible , under .500 teams . A broken steeler team that lost Ben , Vick , brown and some other guy I can't remember from defense . Peyton who was about to be benched anyway .
>one and done for two appearances , beating the bengals in playoffs is a accomplishment apparently , exposed horribly on defense against the mediorce Cheifs
>true but no franchises QB for the long term
Remember Texans are the worst managed team next to Browns and Titans
No way they'll get their act together and watt's cap will continue to hurt them until they draft right but judging from how they skipped Carr twice I say unlikely to happen soon

Jets are the only team I can see being serious contenders but fitz is running out of gas and he isn't a special QB by any means .
>>
>>65205390
>rivera is coaching out of his balls.
hes vastly improved as a coach in the last 2 years
3-4 years ago he was the biggest pussy when it came to 4th down attempts and clock management
>>
Raiders aren't even garaunteed playoffs. Reminder that 10 wins isn't always enough. The north will probably send 2 teams. Premature to talk about that shit
>>
>>65206444
you just cant sink the Riverboat
>>
>>65206195
>mad donkey spotted
Broncos have been to the SB twice in the past 5 years
They are about to lose two in the past five years

Here is a little secret you don't seem to see
Regress now , cut and trade players , save cap and spend like crazy

Right now they're back in the bowl but once Peyton retires
They're going to
Cut the undrafted and 3-4 year players like they always do
Trade some mediorce players for picks and developing scheme players like they always do
Then lastly spend like crazy

J.Thomas wanted no part of the eventual trading bullshit so he picked his team and money in Jacksonville

They made one mistake which was signing Peyton instead of slowly developing a QB or trading for one . Once Peyton retires you'll be stuck with Brock for who knows how long
>>
File: 2m3mdf4.gif (583 KB, 163x136) Image search: [Google]
2m3mdf4.gif
583 KB, 163x136
>>65205619
Ok...

>Steelers
This one is pretty simple b/c they are always a good team (I hate that b/c my area is filled with fucking Steeler fans, that I can't stand their arrogance), but with that said they had some flaws this year obviously. Big Ben had one of his best seasons at QB as far as statistics go, but his main target was obviously Brown, if Antonio Brown went down I don't know if Ben's numbers are that good, b/c I was looking at how much he spread the ball around and Brown got almost half of Ben's passing yards. The Steeler's are an aging team on defense and offense that hasn't rebounded from losing Dick Lebeau...yet. I think Tomlin is a fine coach who for the most part runs a pretty disciplined unit, except when they play the Bengals, then they get real dirty. I'm surprised Todd Hayley and Big Ben worked so well together this year despite how in previous years they argued alot on the sidelines and Todd Hayley was kind of inept at KC when he was HC of the Chiefs. The Steeler's FO as always is solid, b/c they are one of the few teams who keep the same staff around for years, even decades. Rooney's family is one of the "ancients" of this league and he knows from his experience as well as his fathers what wins and what loses, how too much change is bad, so I don't see them getting rid of Tomlin anytime soon despite him not getting the team to the SB in years, that's not his fault as much as it is everyones, they have an aging team that they depended to heavily on instead of young talent for awhile, and injuries followed. Ben also took alot of damage this year with numerous injuries so I think he's probably lying if he said he was 100% for the play-offs hell even 60%, he was hurt and it showed. They need to fix the line and aging defense that's about it. This is a team that always picks in the end of the 1st round and always finds talent in free agency, so the big question would be what happens if Hayley leaves and Ben goes down for the year.
>>
>>65203018
>and was allowed to stay long enough to implement it
this

everyone was calling for his head 2 years in. you have to give a guy time to draft, coach, and bring in players. it takes more than two years. thats why the browns are so shit
>>
>>65206489
>Once Peyton retires you'll be stuck with a serviceable young quarterback for who knows how long
the horror
>>
File: 1452575358226.png (58 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1452575358226.png
58 KB, 1200x1200
>>65206532

It'll work this time faggot. Just wait until our coach hires our gm
>>
>>65206514
They don't have an aging defense anymore. Ike Taylor and Polamalu were the last ones. Their oldest starter is like Will Allen at safety. James Harrison only pass rushes, he no longer starts. All their starters in the front seven are under 28 except for Timmons and he's 29.
>>
>>65206532
this is also why i think the eagles made a big mistake firing chip kelly. hiring him in the first place was the mistake, but once you get on the ride you may as well see it through
>>
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-panthers-first-half-blowouts-are-unprecedented/
>>
>>65205372
You're a fucking retard if you think Elway is going to let Von walk. Worst case scenario, they use the franchise tag.
>>
>>65206489
Osweiler did decent and they had 2 offenses this year before just finally settling on something recently.

An entire offseason of knowing Brock is the 1 with Kubiaks offense will iron out some of the awkwardness that was there. They'll still have Von, Wolfe, and some of the secondary.

I don't know why you'd think they will turn into garbage. They're historically in the mix more often than not. Them getting the 2 pick 5 years ago was the anomaly.
>>
5 years ago

Andrew Luck was suppose to be the draft pick for the Panthers.

5 or so years ago

RGIII, Luck and whoever else were suppose to be the more elite QBs in the league getting drafted.
>>
What I'm wondering is who will Hayne play for next year?
>>
>>65206846
toronto argonauts probably
>>
>>65206703
Wouldn't it be absolutely hilarious if he has way more success at San Francisco over 5 years? The knee-jerk cabal would be livid they didn't keep him. And Lurie and Roseman are way to close for the team to succeed.
>>
>>65206168
pats were statistically among the most injured

>because no other team had injuries the entire year
because no other team ever whines about injuries
>>
>>65205320
If you're still here, could you the Giants?
I'd appreciate your input.
>>
>>65205580
Long-term, what you're saying about Ryan is the right thing to do unless you have a coach as talented as Belichick. You can't be a good coach running a scheme you're not comfortable with. Also, yeah, I don't even hate any other team in the AFC East, but I can't stand the Giants because they're the reason I almost never meet a jest fan out west where I live. I also really dislike the Colts, because "underdog" bandwagons are the fucking worst. It's alright to cheer for an up-and-coming franchise, just don't leave your team for that team.
>>
>>65207108
Sure
>>
>>65207150
True I don't care where your from or where you live, and it's your choice to pick any team you want, but once you pick that team you need to stick with them through thick and thin, no matter what, like I said I'm a deadskins fan, but a Yankee fan b/c I went to college in NY and lived there for a few years after, this was before the Nationals were created so I didn't have a hometeam and I'll be fucked and buttered before I cheer for anything from Baltimore, so even now I'm back in MD I still cheer for the Yankee's even when they have down years like the last few, I don't care I picked them and I stick with them whether they win the WS or finish last.
>>
>>65207108

>Giants
Since this team is in my division I know alot more in detail about them Eagles, Cowboys than others, but with that said I cheer for Washington but I'd rather have your team win the division rather than the goddamn Cowboys or Eagles, some of those fans are...something else. Anyways, the Giants had a down year definitely all things considered. I was unsure about Ben McAdoo being the OC, but he proved me wrong. Eli is definitely the definition of a hot/cold QB, b/c he has games where he throws 4 TD's then has games where he throws 4 INT's, although when he's on he's on. The Giants were definitely injured on OL this year and for some reason their pass-rush was almost non-existent. People blame their secondary, but I mean you guys have pretty solid players at safety and corner, EJ Biggers is a joke, I just know when he played for us he was horrible, but Amukamura, Collins, ARC, are solid players no doubt, I mean you can't really ask for a better secondary, you could but you know what I mean. I think letting Perry Fewell go contributed to the down secondary play b/c he is a secondary genius and always puts players in position to make plays, whether he's a good DC I don't know for sure, I thought he was ok. Now where we may disagree and alot of people disagree in general is who's to blame Coughlin or Reese. I think Reese was more to blame than anyone else b/c he's brought in more mediocre players than great players, and your previous GM brought in the SB winning talent. Coughlin is just old and starting to lose it but I wouldn't blame the season on him, that Vikings game he just looked so "old and tired". McAdoo is probably one of the better choices if your going to replace Coughlin b/c he's been with successful teams, and I think that the biggest worry for the Giants future may actually be the receiving corps, yes Beckham is great but damn sometimes he can hurt as much as he helps, other than him ALOT of dropped passes this year from everyone else.
>>
>>65207305
I do care, and I do judge. I get insanely triggered when I meet a Colts fan from SoCal or something like that.
>>
File: 1448860554353.png (360 KB, 613x459) Image search: [Google]
1448860554353.png
360 KB, 613x459
>>65207108

Con't from >>65207583

So aside from Beckham I think the receiving corp needs help as well as TE on offense that's about it, your RB's are pretty good, just the O-line was injured and you still have a rookie tackle playing so he may only get better. I think the Giants are in a semi-rebuild mode. They definitely have aged on the defensive front and it shows, but they have good safeties, but need more depth at corner too. Eli will be Eli for at least a few more years before he starts doing what his brother is doing this year (playing hurt and showing it), but next year and yes this is my opinion and based on what happens in the draft and free agency, but I think if you power rank the teams right now I would say
>Redskins- solid OL and receiving corp
>Giants- Experienced QB, solid run game
>Cowboys- Tony Romo, good WR/TE, and D
>Eagles- Solid D, good RB/WR, good QB

Now these rankings are by no means a wide-margin that is just the position I believe they are currently in to make a run, any of these teams can win the division right now, factors are everything. I ranked Washington first b/c yes they had a much better season than anticipated but they also lost 16 starters throughout parts of the season, and 9 starters on IR. The Giants also had alot of injuries and are just aging at certain positions, but no reason they can't make a run and win the division if they improve their pass-rush. The Cowboys didn't have Romo, but it didn't change the fact their defense was very good and Romo threads that fucking ball like a pro. The Eagles didn't suffer a ton of injuries, but what the coaching staff did with those players was criminal, definitely in the wrong positions, never should have switched to a 3-4, but each team has things that can be fixed sooner than later. That's my opinion anyways
>>
>>65207626
What if they were a Baltimore Colts fan that moved to So Cal or something like that? I mean you can't blame them for not cheering for the Chargers who would?
>>
>>65206153
Gotta agree. The colts have systematically been awful in management but get by with having very good qbs. Luck is a top qb, despite how this year went.
>>
>>65205888
? I don't fag for jag bro, ain't from Florida and already had a team before the Jags were created.
>>
>>65207583
>>65207854
Very insightful. I was 50/50 on McAdoo but as much as I love Coach Tom, we needed a new coach. I just wish they get rid of Reese since he's barely given anything for Tom to work with.

I just hope Beckham keeps his antics to a bare minimum. Let's hope this next season our pass rush exists this time.

Hope your Redskins keep looking on the up and up. Looks like Snyder may be learning how to be an owner. I expect good competition from your team in the next couple of years. I appreciate your analysis.
>>
>>65207583
Cowboys pls
>>
>>65206168
Not a Pats fag senpai, just pointing out they were one of the most injured teams this year, I mean didn't they have a TE playing tackle for a few games? Just saying it's rare that the #1 team in injuries this season made it all the way to the AFC championship, that's a scary thought.
>>
>>65202868
Bills, Raiders, Browns, Rams, Jags, Titans, Bucs, Dolphins, Jets
>No franchise QB = your team will never go anywhere unless you play in a shit division like AFC South.

Bears
> Shit coaching.

Raiders, Bills, Titans, Bucs, Jags have some hope for the future.
>>
>>65206703
>>65206703
I would agree with that but as an Eagles fan he got rid of our favorite players and then the team sucked. I know we'll proboly come out worse but you can't gut a team of good players then say everything is fine when the team sucks
>>
>>65206979
Well they've already been rumored to tag Bradford, signed Ertz/Celek today to long-term deals, and Jackson/McCoy/Mathis/Herremans went on to do nothing special.
>>
>>65206669
My bad, I meant to explain why they are in the position they were in the last 5 years, an aging defense I know was one, and they are still transitioning with new players b/c their defense had problems this year, still by next season they should be fine. Like I said what surprised me was Todd Hayley actually working as good as Bruce Arians for Big Ben.
>>
File: good form.jpg (25 KB, 380x263) Image search: [Google]
good form.jpg
25 KB, 380x263
>>65208033
No problem, I was surprised about your team's receivers this year, I really expected more from Reuben-Randle and Hakeem Nicks (b4 he left and when he came back), alot of those INT's from Manning really weren't his fault, as much as I hate to say that...Either way it's nothing they can't fix instantly if they get a solid receiver in FA or draft b/c Cruz was also injured, your interior OL is aging, but Pugh is fine and your tackles are fine, JPP to me is the biggest question mark, b/c I just don't know if a pass-rusher can "grab" no pun intended, b/c grabbing and pulling down is crucial for them. Thanks for the support anyways anon, I hope Kirk isn't a one year wonder, b/c I remember a time when everyone feared the NFC East in the 80's and 90's, I mean you had Bill Parcels, Jimmy Johnson, and Joe Gibbs all in the same division, holy fuck.
>>
>>65208073
K just give me a few minutes to check out an overview of the roster...
>>
>>65208073

>Cowboys
The Cowboys had alot of problems this year obviously going 4-12, but it seemed to be more of a breakdown of communication and leadership than anything else. Dallas had alot of problems at QB and couldn't find a proper replacement for Tony Romo, but problems on offense seem to go deeper than just missing Romo and Bryant. The Cowboys offensive line is regressing rapidly and it looks like ditching Bill Callahan for Scot Linehan wasn't the greatest idea. I don't just say that b/c I'm a skins fan, but because I truly believe Callahan is a better coach overall than Linehan is, and that you had such a young offensive line that just a year ago dominated the trenches shows it. I'm not saying Tyron Smith, Frederick aren't beasts oh they are, and Collins has the potential to be a future beast so right now I'll call him Lil' Beast, but Doug Free is ancient in OL years and aside from the big 3 the O-line doesn't have much depth. Your TE/WR weren't really that bad, Beasley is an essential slot receiver, Bryant was injured, and despite getting old Witten is still a top 10 TE, Williams I think under-achieved this year and I'm not sure if he's going to be a true #2, but with that said Brice Butler does have future potential to line up across Bryant as the #2. Gavin Escobar was more of the same, he was injured, but will take over whenever Witten retires. The defense I thought was solid this year despite some injuries, but major problems still exist in your secondary, not necessarily at safety as Byron Jones will be the best player in the secondary no matter who they bring in the future, but I question everyone else in that unit. Once again the LB were a huge strength of Dallas' D led by Sean Lee who as long as he's not injured is always an All-Pro, Rolando McClain is also solid.
>>
>>65207928
From as in no connection to anywhere East of the Mississippi
>>
File: considerthefollowing.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowing.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>65205806
>Khan isn't the architect of the Jaguars btw his FO is, how much talent has Khan evaluated, how many years of scouting colleges has he done? None, his GM wants to build through the draft, Khan just wants to win no matter how it happens.

To be fair, you could say a lot of the same about Robert Kraft 20 years ago.

Being a good owner isn't so much about knowing football, as it is being able to recognize people who are good at their profession and people who aren't. That's a talent people who build successful businesses tend to have... like Kraft, and like Khan. They don't have to know football, they just have to recognize the people who do. Look at the two HCs Kraft has hired in his time... Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick. Carroll probably wasn't quite ready that first time around, but he clearly knows how to be a HC. Kraft sensed that.

Khan is a self-made billionaire. I suspect he has the same talent for evaluating people in general that Kraft clearly has. Bradley might wind up being his Pete Carroll... and the Jaguars might not stay in Jacksonville either. But I do think that franchise will do better in the long term.
>>
File: 1450047177548.jpg (57 KB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
1450047177548.jpg
57 KB, 600x335
>>65208073

Con't from >>65209003

Like I said I think the biggest problem with Dallas was leadership and communication. Jeremy Mincey mentioned after the last game of the season when asked about Greg Hardy he said something like "Well, I'm not sure if he'll be back next year, he's just one of those guys....ya know" or something like that, but it was negative, proving that the Greg Hardy experiment was a serious failure, and to a degree so was drafting Randy Gregory, now not to say Gregory can't be great, but right now he looks like a future Greg Hardy, they don't study, show up to practice late, shit like that. Dez Bryant is another problem on the offensive side of the ball just b/c of his attitude, he argues alot with coaches and staff on the sideline and it's becoming more and more apparent that it was Tony Romo who kept him in check and made him happy with his deep pass. I would personally put the blame on Jason Garrett for these problems, b/c it was obvious in Week 17 when they played the 'Skins they wanted to get the hell outta there before the game started, and Garrett just stood there with a dumb look on his face. Now I'm not a fan of Garrett even though yes he has just above a .500 record with Dallas, but I don't think he's the Tom Landry like coach that they need, but he is the yes man that Jerry wants. Which leads to my biggest problem with the Cowboys. Tom Landry and the original owner brought a respectability and class to Texas with a very dominant team for over 20 years, even though they had assholes on that team, Landry controlled everything. Until Jerrah took over and turned Dallas into the NFL version of Disneyworld. To me Jerry has already won 3 SB under his ownership and to him that's good enough, now he just wants the biggest names to come in to make money and show off Jerry world, he could care less about winning, he has more money than he can count. Until he steps down that team will suffer to some extent.
>>
>>65206580
Jesus Christ, how do Clevelanders put up with this
>>
>>65209160
Sry, no like they grew up in Baltimore and then the Colts moved to Indy, but when they were kids they were still the Baltimore Colts, and now they live in San Diego for whatever reason. Yet they still cheer for the Indianapolis Colts b/c that was their original team.
>>
If the Panthers win the owl this year(not a given by any stretch) is there any chance they launch the next NFL dynasty?
>>
>>65202868
One of the unsung parts to the Panthers this year was the OL. It was shit last year and ok the year before. Suddenly a low tier free agent Michael Oher and some no names and they look like the Dallas Cowboys OL. This was pure luck.
>>
>>65209238
Can you do Falcons pls
>>
>>65209175
That's true, I normally don't trust owners that aren't from the area where they buy a franchise, but then again look at Stan Kroenke, so I hope the Jaguars don't move, b/c my aunt is from Jacksonville and the people that I've met down there are diehard fans and don't want to resort to cheering for the Dolphins, Bucs, or Falcons. I was just saying that Khan still is a new owner, and we might have to wait over 10 years to see what he truly wants to do, whether he'll get tired of what he see's if they keep losing and decides to take more control of the team, or they succeed and he keeps everything in place for years and years. I'm not a Jags fan, I grew up in D.C. cheering for my skins for 30 years, in 1999 we were bought by a self made billionaire who grew up in the area and grew up a fan of the team. He hired a successful personnel man from the 49ers in the '90s, he tried signing the best players he could because he thought that's how you can win. Then he tried the college route and hired the best college coach at that time. After that failed he brought back a legend and that had some success, then he hired a more current SB winning coach and that had little success. Now after 15 years it seems he's finally figured out that b/c he's successful in business that doesn't mean he can be successful in football without the right mix, I'm just glad he's finally understanding it and following that rule instead of just saying "We wanna win" like Jed York does. So I'm cheering for the Jags that they can build off of what they have.
>>
>>65202868
Cam Newton is the best QB of his generation and Manning is the best of his generation. Also Elway/Gettleman have been amazing GMs.
>>
>>65209741
It is no wonder that the giants went to shit after Gettleman left for the Panthers job. His eye for talent was the unsung hero of those Superbowl teams and without him they suck.
>>
File: 3864981.jpg (117 KB, 500x292) Image search: [Google]
3864981.jpg
117 KB, 500x292
>>65209307
You ever hear the phrase "insanity is doing the same thing over and over again", yeah that rule kinda goes Super Saiyan in Cleveland.
>>
>>65207854
>lists TE as strength of Cowboys, but not of Resdkins
>Resdkins fan
>listing Giants as having solid run game
>this is how bad the entire NFC east is at running the football
>*forgot the Cowboys, having the only decent run game with DMC
>Eagles
>good RB/WR, when their only good receivers play slot, tight end, and RB, and they had an awful run game
>Bradford
>good QB
>Resdkins having a solid OL when they have no run game
all of my
>>
The Jets are legit cursed the fact they couldn't win with The New York Sack Exchange, Vinny and Curtis, or that '08 team is proof
>>
>>65209663
Sure just give me a few minutes...
>>
>>65209859
I was trying to sum up the best points of each team in one line b/c I was running out of time, but now since I have time, did you not read my detailed reports on the Giants and Cowboys, btw if I did one on the Redskins it would be a fucking essay and 4chan would kick me out for shitposting, but let me expand:

>Redskins 1st
Solid OL (in pass protection), possible future All-Pro QB, one of the best receiving corps in all the NFL (yes I count TE as receivers b/c prove to me Reed isn't a giant receiver), also there pass-rush came alive seeing how P. Smith led the league in sacks for all rookies, and no we didn't have a run game b/c we had a 3rd string G playing starting C, and a 2nd string RG playing LG, and a rookie RG, and a 1st year RT who was injured his entire rookie season. Not to mention one of our better corners was an undrafted wide-receiver and Bashaud Breeland is a fucking beast of beasts. Will Compton and Mason Foster sured up ILB even though one was on the practice squad and the other wasn't even signed to a team in October.

>Eagles
Your telling me Ertz/Celek aren't good receivers and neither is Jordan Matthews, ok...and yes Sam Bradford has pretty good numbers considering he doesn't have much of a receiving corp outside of his TE's

>Giants
Yeah solid run game, their passing game wasn't that great aside from ODB everyone else was dropping shit left and right

>Dallas
Solid defense, besides the secondary who only had Byron Jones, but they have an excellent LB corp. And yes McFadden had a great season, but how much better would it have been if the OL was more in unison, Linehan hurt that offense more than he helped it.

There you happy??
>>
>>65210143
They're not wide receivers, plain and simple, and none of them are as dynamic as Gronk, so you can't run an offense through them. Also, considering the way this Cowboys' season turned, it's hard not to blame injuries and the lack of depth behind Romo and Dezzy.
>>
>>65202868
They were both acceptable teams that had QB issues, they both fixed them and got a lot better in all other areas as well.

All those teams listed have some cancerous shit going on, except Jags, who are gonna post double digit wins one of these years and blow everyone away.
>>
>>65203129
penis
>>
>>65209663

>Falcons
Obviously people think that the Falcons didn't finish the way people predicted when they started off at 5-0 I think. People thought Dan Quinn was a genius and Kyle Shanahan would be redeemed from the mess he left in Cleveland and Washington, little did we know this wasn't going to come true. Now Arthur Blank loves his team and wants to win, I don't really see him as a meddlesome owner b/c of the years of success he's had with Mike Smith, but Dimitroff is someone I would have hoped they would have gotten rid of this off-season. All things considered going 8-8 in a division with a potential SB champion in it isn't that bad, b/c aside from the Bucs, the Saints aren't just an easy beat especially at home, Drew Brees is still Drew Brees. Dan Quinn was brought in b/c apparently Mike Smith was too "soft" and didn't have the fire that someone like Quinn brings, but Smith always had the respect of his players which is just as important. I think Dan Quinn did a good job with the defense who finished in the middle of the pack this season in over-all defense (No.16 I think), while Quinn brought a more aggressive defense, he trusted his teams bread and butter (Matt Ryan and Julio Jones) to an under-achieving OC. Yes, I had to sit by watching Shanahan and Son fuck my teams offense for 4 years, and that was with RG3. Why Quinn brought in Kyle is beyond me, I don't know the history, but I know that sneaky fucking rat Kyle just like his father (Sorry I just really hate the Shanahans), they came into D.C. selling snake oil and claiming they could fix the Redskins in 4 years no matter who was QB, it was obvious without a great receiver and QB Kyle was completely outplayed and over-whelmed with his version of the WCO. Now with that said, I went to UMD and watched ACC football, so I watched Matt Ryan for years at Boston College. He always had a knack for scrambling out of the pocket and making those deep accurate throws.
>>
>>65203111
no excuse... you guys blew so many chances/drafts from 02-09... thats why you have sucked... and finally you can say the arrow is pointing up.
>>
>>65203174
He is from Nashville... exactly what do people know there about pro football anyways?
>>
>>65209663

Con't from >>65210457

I don't think Kyle's system blends well with Ryan and it showed later in the season when teams figured out how to stop the offense, b/c for 5 weeks Ryan and Co. were unstoppable then all of a sudden, they were stopped dead in their tracks. Shanahan was always a pass first run second guy, unlike his dad Mike who would balance ground 'n pound with medium accurate passes. I think the biggest problem isn't with the defense for Atlanta, Dan Quinn will fix that over time, you guys are just a few players away from being a top ten defense, hopefully I would go defense in the 1st and 2nd rounds this year in the draft if I was Atlanta. Even though I'm bashing him, please protest your team to get rid of Shanahan, he is not good and is a cancer in the locker room, b/c leaks didn't start coming out of Redskins park until an "un-named source" claimed RG3 was unhappy and refused to do film study, then in Cleveland when Kyle was OC, similar leaked sources came out about Hoyer and the GM Farmer, and when Kyle doesn't get his way he gets pissy. Sorry if this was more of a rant about Kyle Shanahan and yeah I'm a 'Skins fan, but I didn't see a ton of problems with your team, aside from adjusting your original scheme to Kyle's zone-blocking scheme, it just doesn't blend with Matt Ryan's style, Kyle's style is built for scramblers, not natural pocket passers which I believe Ryan has become. Also how many times will he use Devonta Freeman out on a fucking screen-pass that takes forever to set up just to watch him get stuffed? I think the defense will survive, I mean you guys held off the panthers, but the offense needs fixed badly, I don't know how long players will want to come and play b/c of the total collapse the Falcons had in the middle of the season. Dan Quinn is good and obviously fires up his players, Shanahan is a cancerous tumor that needs to be surgically removed. I don't care how that sounds it's the truth.
>>
>>65205416
Im not even a broncs fan and I know that isnt happening... they will move slowly back to the small lineman/power rb model that shanahan used forever while restocking the defense. Oh and the rest of the afc west sucks.
>>
File: Miami_Dolphins_2013.jpg (300 KB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
Miami_Dolphins_2013.jpg
300 KB, 1365x1024
>clueless owner (who at least isn't a cheap jew)
>revolving door of coaches and QB's
>poor drafting for the most part
>reputation for dysfunction repels talent
>morale is always 6 feet under
>fairweather as fuck fanbase
take your pick
>>
File: IMG-60.jpg (14 KB, 382x313) Image search: [Google]
IMG-60.jpg
14 KB, 382x313
>>65208581
Like you said, we just need another good receiver and we should be set. The days of Jeremy Shockey are long gone but hope to have a TE of anywhere near his caliber. As for JPP, I honestly don't think he'll ever be anything close to what he was but stranger things have happened so we'll see.

Maybe Kirk has finally figured it out, we'll see next season. I just want to this division to stop being the joke it has been for the last couple of years. I feel bad for the Eagles with what Chipwreck did to them so we'll see how long it takes them to come back.
>>
>>65210852
What scares me about that situation more, but Eagle fans won't believe me is the Lurie/Roseman situation. Roseman has already thrown multiple people under the bus, and the truth is Coughlin, Gase, and McAdoo all went there at one time or another to "check it out" you know due diligence and all, and all 3 said the same thing, "they don't like Roseman" and have heard so much shit about him that he is toxic from around the league. The reason I'm worried though is I've seen this before, but Iggle fans won't believe me. This is Dan Snyder/Vinny Cerrato 2.0 I'm tellin' ya Giantsbro, I've seen this before, people thought it was Snyder, which yeah he's greedy, but it was Cerrato making the decisions, whispering in his ear, telling him to fire Schottenheimer, bring in Spurrier b/c look at what Jerry Jones did with Jimmy Johnson, hiring Jim Zorn, and bringing in Deion Sanders. This was all shit Cerrato whispered to Dan telling him to trust him, which is something people outside the organization don't know, there is a reason Vinny Cerrato can't even get an interview as an intern in the Arena League, he is a fucking scammer, and fucked our team for 10 years before Dan canned his ass, b/c Shanahan wouldn't put up with his shit if Cerrato stayed. Sorry if people don't believe me, but it's the truth, I will say I had an "inside source" at one time, she was an intern in the early 2000s with the team, she was a cheerleader with the team who was married to my dad's boss, and the stories she told us about that rat scared me.
>>
>>65203698
just noticed that this is a mannequin
>>
>>65203111
>six pro bowlers
Kek no the only pro bowlers you fucks have are Woodson and Mack. The others are just replacements for actual pro bowlers who declined
>>
>>65208241
IMO he broke the golden rule of being a HC in pro sports, which is don't act like a college coach, your here to manage and help them reach their full potential, not train them and tell them what to do, it's harder than it sounds, but he obviously is blinded by his ambitions to think he's a fucking genius that can never be wrong but everyone else can be.
>>
>>65210228
Reed will surpass Gronk, book it.
>>
>>65210283
vagina???
>>
File: panther2.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
panther2.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>mfw da purrs win da superb owl
>>
>>65210724
The biggest problem with the Shanahan offense is unless John Elway is running it and you have a hell of a running back, it will fail miserably, ask Gary Kubiak who was cloned from Shanahan's pubic hair, he got chased out of Houston for the same shit.
>>
>>65202868
>buncos
>super bowl caliber
>>
>>65211090
That's interesting. That there is a force that was wrecking the Eagles besides the Chipster is hard to believe but it makes sense since the 2000's was the Eagles best chance to win Super Bowls but they got fucked.

Maybe that's why they had to settle for the Chief's OC who was with the Eagles back in the day.
>>
>>6520486
McCloughan stepped down on his own accord, his drinking issues flared up and were running his home life into the ground (again).

Otherwise, the real sinker for the Seahawks is the Harvin trade. Drop that, they keep Tate and don't have wide receiver problems half way through 2014. Back to back becomes much more likely, and they aren't trading like crazy to get a real receiver.
>>
>>65211090
This is fascinating. If you really think about it, ever since hiring Shanahan, Danny hasn't been NEARLY as bad as he was. Sure, he still fiddles and meddles, but not like he used to.
>>
>john fox was the previous coach for both of these teams
>fox bowl
>it's on CBS

:^)
>>
>>65203174
The first sentance I think is the biggest thing. Teams that have had success in the past tend to cling to it and thats the exact opposite of what you should do. The Panthers let go of their past and look where they are, steamrolling teams all year. Letting go of that old blood was not popular with their fanbase but its honestly the reason they are successful because the NFL is always changing, its an evolve or die league. Thats why teams like the Cowboys who wont let the past go will never make it to another Owl until they do
>>
>>65211603
>2 owls in 4 years
>>
>>65211798
>afc
>sending a manning, brady, or rapist qb to the sb
>accomplishment
>>
>>65210646
Could you do the Packers?
>>
>>65211791
This will be a boring Owl after Cam puts up 14 in the 1st quarter and everyone stops watching.

38-17 Final Score

Cap it
>>
>>65205320
do the cards still have a chance next year? i just wanna see larry geta ring..
>>
File: 1424202911367.jpg (48 KB, 505x670) Image search: [Google]
1424202911367.jpg
48 KB, 505x670
>>65210457
Please do the 49ers!! Really curious about your opinion on Chip since he coached in your division last season.
>>
>>65212933
No. Palmer sucks and they been getting exposed for weeks. Enjoy catching passes from Drew Stanton.
>>
>>65209351
Very possibly. They have an excellent GM, a great HC, and the young quarterback of his generation. They're gonna get hit pretty hard by free agency this year, but there's no reason to doubt that they'll come back strong regardless of whether or not they win the SB.

At this point they have a better chance than Seattle of establishing the definitive dynasty of the decade.
>>
>>65213037
*best young quarterback
>>
File: AndThatsHilarious.jpg (34 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
AndThatsHilarious.jpg
34 KB, 292x257
>>65209351
>>65213037
>>65213048
>>
>>65209351
the problem with the panthers is their strength is defense, cam is playing great but the defense is what is special about this team.

dynasty's are hard to build on defense. its easy to keep a coach/QB (monatana/walsh, brady/belichick) but keeping all 11ish starters on a great defense, in the salary cap era, for several years is next to impossible.
>>
The same people saying:
>Peyton sucks, the Broncos are winning despite him
Are also saying:
>Peyton's retiring this year, the Broncos are doomed, they'll never see another Owl again

You can't have it both ways faggots. Pick one.
>>
>>65211838
>Sending a nigger thug modern Fat Albert to the sb
>A better accomplishment
>>
>>65213544
The thing about the Panthers is that their front 7 is their strength and theyve already locked up alot of it Kuechly is signed Davis says he'll either play here or retire, Shaq is a rookie, Short will get signd next year, Star will have a 5th year option, they have crazy depth at DE, as for the secondary Benwikere is in his 2nd year, Norman is the main concern but he is a franchise guy despite the outward bravado, Coleman was a FA pickup that was signed to two years and tre boston a second year player will probably be taking over for Harper if they win the owl
>>
>>65214079
They're gonna sign Brock to a longterm deal and be contenders for as long as Elway is GM.
>>
>>65205037
Everyone was saying that this year the Broncos would fall apart.
>>
>>65205806
>He doesn't, he has no ties to the Jacksonville area and if he could he would try and move the team to another location.

But this shit is precisely why I'm telling you you're wrong. You're parroting shit from the media that isn't even true. If Khan was trying to move the team, why would he literally blow millions of his own dollars on renovating the stadium and building a new practice facility?

Even if he COULD move the team, I doubt he would. The Jaguars have become a massive small business entity in Jacksonville, much more so than any other team in the NFL in their respective cities according to Forbes.

I hardly follow any one team exclusively but I do live in Jacksonville. I know what's going on in my city.
Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.