[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please reassure me Charger bros :(
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 7
File: San diego chargers.jpg (146 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
San diego chargers.jpg
146 KB, 1280x960
http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2016/1/18/10784714/san-diego-chargers-stadium-inglewood-economic-potential-money-spanos
Saw this on another forum:

>The range of possible revenue in LA as a 2nd team is anywhere between $3,556 million and $6,634 million
>The range of possible revenue in SD as a primary team is anywhere between $1,380 million and $4,230 million

>The difference is $674 million from the worst case LA projection and best San Diego projection. There is only a 12.4% chance that staying in San Diego would end up being better than going to Inglewood (Calculated between the difference between the $674/$5,254 (LA high - SD low revenue)

Please reassure me, SD bros?
>>
Chargers trademarked Los Angeles Chargers the other day. Say goodbye to a whales vagina.
>>
>>65066017
That's a stupid way to look at it. Bottom line is that Deano can't afford the relocation fee and there is no way that he's gonna get any kind of revenue in LA.

>>65066092
The Sacramento Kings trademarked the Anaheim Royals in 2011, and they didn't move
>>
>>65066017
LA was always projected to be the higher revenue locale.

There is nothing new about this.

If it was only about the revenue, they would have just exercised the option last week though.

Money is a huge fucking factor in this, but it isn't the only one. I'm not saying any other comes remotely close to money in terms of importance, but they exist. If it was only about money though, every other team but the Cowboys would have wanted to move to LA.

If you look at multiple reports coming out right now that detail what actually happened last week, Dean expected to get Carson, and had no idea he was going to get BTFO the way he did.

Again. Money matters, and matters a lot, but there is more to this than just money.

If they do leave though, fuck them. They'll become the least significant franchise in Southern California, and the LA and SD segments of the Raiders Nation with combine with the alienated Chargers fans of SD to create a new fanbase for the history books, and Dean will go down as the cuck of the NFL who owned the team without a home field advantage, and no loved ones to keep him company but George, Abraham, Alex, Andy, Ulysses, and Ben.
>>
>>65067603
Also, even the Mayor doesn't want them.

>Mayor of Los Angeles Eric Garcetti chats with Andy Katz and Rick Klein about NFL relocation including why the Rams were successful in their bid and what events the stadium in Inglewood may support. Plus, why he thinks the Chargers should stay in San Diego.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=14611292
>>
>>65066125
>not gonna get any revenue in LA
>what are corporate luxury boxes
>>
>>65066017
I started to read your link but as soon as I read 50/50 partnership I closed it down. The author did not do his research. The second team in Inglewood is being offered 1. to be a tenant or 2. 18.75% partners.

There are two very good reads that were published today:
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/19/los-angeles-rams-nfl-ownership-meeting

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-chargers-plaschke-20160120-column.html
>>
>>65066092
They only did that because some guy in South Dakota trademarked the Los Angeles Rams. Due some research before shitting out of your mouth.
>>
Kroenke is pricing Spanos out of LA. Spanos is worth 1.6 billion, Forbes estimates the Chargers are worth 1.5 billion, leaving a difference of 100 million. It costs 500 million just to move and now the stadium project is expected to exceed 3 billion. If the Bolts bolt, they will be what we call house poor. Considering Angelinos don't want them and they can't really afford the house payment, it wouldn't be a wise move to pack up and head north.
>>
Dean can become a hero if he stays in san diego.
>>
>>65066017
Didn't kroenke apparently say he wants the chargers to join him?

That is a huge red flag if true because it can mean these implications
-he(Stan) knows the raiders market in LA can overshadow him especially when the team is near done rebuilding and is much better overall than Rams is by at least 3 years
-Chargers would be extremely easy to control in all sides of the battlefield
-Spanos would possibly get destroyed in LA and a move to SD by raiders which is very much possible
-raiders don't even need the former charger fanbase to survive in SD
>>
>>65071827
Dean will be tolerable if he stays in SD.

he needs to quit jerking us off though and be straight up
>>
>>65072044
Raiders wont get any of SD's fanbase. Absolutely 0% of it.

Raiders moving to SD would be the emotional equivalent of the Packers relocating to Chicago for us
>>
>>65072069
Yes they will
A lot of "fans" said they'll cheer for them on the notion that they're representing SD
Google it
Plus as I said they'll survive from LA and greater area fans
>>
>>65072044
Or maybe its because Mark Davis is cash and asset poor (relatively speaking) and wouldn't be able to shoulder any of the risk of the project?

Spanos at least has creditors such as Goldman Sachs and Bob Iger (with all his connections) behind him. Does Mark Davis?

Take your fandom out of it and see it from a purely business perspective - Kroenke wants to work with someone who has a lot of assets and good enough credit to shoulder some of the project risk off of him
>>
>>65072191
To tack onto this, I know that Goldman Sachs might not be part of Spanos moving to Inglewood, but it does lend him credibility to creditors that Davis doesn't have

Yes, both Davis and Spanos both heavily depend on their teams for their net worth, but Spanos does

http://www.forbes.com/profile/alexander-spanos/

the Spanos family made the bulk of their money not from the team, but from their real estate holdings. The AG Spanos corporation has at least $1 billion in holdings, which if you were a bank giving out a loan, means that they could guarantee a lot of debt. That's something Davis unfortunately doesn't have.

I know this involves sports, but at the end of the day, the Kroenke-Spanos deal is a real estate deal more than a sports deal not only because of the stadium, but because of all the development around the stadium

The best idea really would to partner up with either USC/UCLA and split the costs 3 ways. I know there was the 18.75% plan that was thrown out, but how that's how real estate partnerships typically start - lowballing the partnership.

Something tells me Inglewood will get one more tenant, and it'll be one of the colleges.
>>
>>65072046
Dean hasn't really been that bad, it's Mark Fabiani that needs to be burned at the stake.
>>
>>65072141
I live in San Diego. I am a Chargers fan. If the Chargers leave and the Raiders relocate to San Diego, I will not cheer for the Raiders.
>>
>>65072191
>>65072292
You guys are behind, Spanos just reached an agreement with JP Morgan Chase.
>>
>>65072654
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/chargers-699990-stadium-inglewood.html

According to this, it's Kroenke who got the loan with Chase, not Spanos

>Documents filed with Los Angeles County show Kroenke has a $71.7 million loan on the plot with JP Morgan Chase

Either way, Spanos has enough assets that could guarantee debt better than Davis can.

I'm not saying that fans taking over stadiums doesn't matter in any respect, and it does look stupid on TV when a road team has more fans at home than the home team, but their money is as good as anyone else's money spent in the stadium. That doesn't come with a jersey color.

I honestly doubt that Davis could guarantee any kind of debt ON HIS OWN like Spanos could. Now, if Davis brought in an outside investor, a whole new ball game...
>>
>>65072753
>>65072191
>>65072292

What the fuck are you talking about? If the Raiders moved to LA, their franchise value would go up immensely and corporate sponsors would line up behind the Raiders once they see how much fan support they have here

Stop pretending you know how the real world works
>>
File: 7yjtB.jpg (18 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
7yjtB.jpg
18 KB, 576x432
Only chance is if it comes down to an ego thing. Spanos doesn't want to be a tenant in Inglewood, and an afterthought to the whole Kroenke experience (stadium, NFL Network studios, etc.) He also fears Raiders or some other team moving to San Diego, which would kill the remainder of whatever tiny fanbase they have in LA. All still seems like a longshot.

I live in LA and can tell you no one cares about the Chargers. There are old school Rams fans for sure, but no Charger fans. You go to any sports bar if the Chargers are playing like SNF or MNF, and it will always be filled with wayyy more fans of the other team (unless it's like the Jags or something). The team has to know that. They know there's a risk that when they play the Patriots, Broncos, Bears, Giants that the stadium will be filled with >50% visiting fans. That's going to be really embarrassing to them, and it's going to be way worse than even this year when everyone started calling them out for the terrible attendance.
>>
>>65073092

Wouldn't making money be a bigger boost to the ego?
>>
>>65073116
If you read the reports about how the votes went down, Dean Spanos was publicly humiliated by the vote. Giving in now just makes him seem like Kroenke's buttboy. For guys worth that much, I think ego (unrelated to making money) matters a lot more to them than to us.

Also, maybe I'm an idiot, but to me the real financial gain is just the value of the team going up. They're going to take a huge hit for the relocation fee, and due to their lack of a fanbase, I just don't see them earning huge revenues from luxury boxes and all that. When they decide to sell the team, sure, that will make them a lot of money, but I think in the immediate short term, whatever money they're going to make would pale in comparison to "losing" to Kroenke.
>>
>>65073092

I just dont see him coming ahead in any way after this screw up. His best bet is trying to fix the mess in san diego
>>
>>65068943
THANK
YOU
BASED
PLASCHKE

>Bill Plashcke: “Ultimately The Chargers In LA Would Be An Embarrassment To The League”

http://www.mighty1090.com/episode/bill-plashcke-ultimately-the-chargers-in-la-would-be-an-embarrassment-to-the-league/
>>
>>65071827
He'd be forgiven, but he'd never be trusted again. What he could do is say his sons convinced him to keep them in SD, and they would be heroes.
>>
>>65072044
>Didn't kroenke apparently say he wants the chargers to join him?

[CITATION NEEDED]

All Kroenke has said is that he is open to a second team because it adds 10 more event dates to the calendar which would put more money in his pockets. He has said nothing to demonstrate a preference of one team over the other however.
>>
http://m.espn.go.com/general/play?id=14611292&wjb

Mayor of LA doesn't even want the Chargers there

He's forgoing possible extra tax revenue to the county (obviously since Inglewood is not City of LA) for us SD Charger fans

Thank you based Garcetti
>>
>>65079614
Well wouldn't he want to shoulder some of the construction cost risk onto someone else instead of bearing all the burden?
>>
>>65072069
Factually incorrect.
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/polls/2015/dec/if-chargers-left-town-could-you-embrace-another-nf/
>>
>>65079635
M80, he was willing to burden the cost out of pocket because he is rich as fuck. All allowing someone to buy in does is entitle them to a chunk of the long term revenue the stadium would generate. He was on the record for the longest time as wanting Inglewood to be a one team facility, and only opened up to welcoming a second team as a negotiation tactic to sweeten the deal, and further lock in Inglewood as superior to Carson in case the League preferred two teams in LA. There is much more content that supports him preferring one team than two, and frankly, I listen to SD sports radio every day because they talk about every little thing related to relocation. If Kroenke had said he preferred the Chargers, I would have heard it, and I haven't heard it.
>>
>>65079682
Dude, have you ever worked in real estate? Rich real estate dudes always want to reduce risk. And this project has a shitload of credit risk.

There's a reason why Spanos is preferred to Davis, even on an unofficial level. Spanos could shoulder some of the costs in a way Davis could not.

You keep saying "out of pocket" but don't realize that Stockbridge Capital is the one bankrolling it, not Kroenke himself.

http://stockbridgerealestate.com/

Stockbridge Capital has more money than Kroenke does, which is why they want to shoulder the risk

Someone like Spanos (another real estate person) can get a creditor like Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan Chase in, or private investors like Bob Iger

Davis literally would be a tenant and would only pay rent, but shoulder almost none of the project risk.
>>
>>65066017

Do these calculations includes the revenue from owning the stadiums and getting revenue from non-football events?
>>
>>65079732
Not disagreeing with any of that. Just the assertion that Kroenke had said he preferred the Chargers, which he has not done.

As for Dean's ability to get other creditors to jump in bed? That remains to be seen. Supposedly that is what he has been working on this past week, and Iger? He's not even in the 3 comma club.
>>
>>65079732
>>65079787
With that said, however:

>Rams owner Stan Kroenke is planning to borrow about $1 billion from JP Morgan Chase & Co. to help fund the proposed Inglewood stadium, which could cost nearly $3 billion.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nfl-rams-financing-20160120-story.html

LGTSS
Stockbridge Real Estate BTFO
>>
>>65079787
Well, look up AG Spanos's holdings

http://www.agspanos.com/projects (BTW most of those homes look ugly as fuck)

Looks like they're pretty well connected with creditors. And Bob iger, while a small player in the bigger scheme of things, could bring on his own set of creditors to again, shoulder some of the risk. And Spanos was able to get Goldman Sachs behind the Carson project, wasn't he not? Shows that he's connected

Creditors LOVE when other creditors shoulder some of the risk. That's how the syndicated loan market is so profitable.

http://www.cftc.gov/idc/groups/public/@swaps/documents/dfsubmission/dfsubmission_021711_535_0.pdf

Davis literally has the football team and that's it. He's cash poor and asset poor, by real estate standards.

Point is: this has less to do with football fandom than with construction costs. I don't get people's emphasis on the team/jersey names. It's honestly the least of their worries.
>>
>>65079841
Ehh some of those places look comfy as fuck
>>
>>65079822
Somehow, the taxpayer will be on the hook for this, especially once the banks get involved.
>>
>>65067627
Because he knows the Raiders will bring in more money. But to bad faggots Chargers are LA bound.
>>
>>65079904
Wouldn't the people paying the additional property tax (which would probably exceed all the local consumption taxes from vendors, people going to the stadium, et. al) be a bigger boon to the municipality?

Tenants don't pay property taxes -- just think about your own rent >implying
Partners in a business pay property taxes.
>>
>>65072952
You sponsor and money to make the move even be feasible in the first place you inbred retard.
>>
>>65079841
>Looks like they're pretty well connected with creditors.

Never said he wasn't.

>And Bob iger, while a small player in the bigger scheme of things, could bring on his own set of creditors to again, shoulder some of the risk.

He absolutely could, and further divide to power pie. Something

>Kroenke told the six-owner committee that the second team would be a 50-50 partner in the stadium. But in the letter Kroenke also stated that construction, design and other issues would be controlled exclusively by Kroenke.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/kroenke-694487-team-second.html

tells me that isn't something Stan is too big on.

>And Spanos was able to get Goldman Sachs behind the Carson project, wasn't he not?

Yes

>Shows that he's connected.

Not at all. Just shows that GS determined there was a significant enough risk/reward outcome in the financing proposal he discussed with them.
>>
>>65079932
I'm just saying that Spanos is definitely more connected than Davis is, and since the NFL is keen on Stan sharing his stadium, Kroenke would rather have someone who could shoulder the risk with their own set of creditors (Spanos) than a person who can only pay rent (Davis).
>>
>>65079921
You're trying to make me think. I just want to shitpost Chorger fans.

So stop it.
>>
>>65079898
Well, taxpayers that have accounts with JP Morgan Chase, but Garcetti said this week that part of the delay bringing the NFL back to LA was a public sentiment against taxpayer subsidization of the construction of a new stadium. Part of the ease of Kroenke's plan has been because the financing was in no way dependent on taxpayer funds.
>>
>>65079954
Well, what if the bank fails? You don't think we'll be bailing JP Chase out? That's what happened in 2008.

That's what I mean. It's "private" until the whole thing collapses, then it becomes public
>>
>>65079841

>Davis literally has the football team and that's it. He's cash poor and asset poor, by real estate standards.

>$500 million net worth
>cash poor

Ok.

>>65079929
You don't think corporate sponsors won't get behind the most popular LA team? Shut the fuck up, retard.

Davis in LA would get creditors up the wazoo wanting to sponsor him
>>
File: Bugs.png (258 KB, 351x364) Image search: [Google]
Bugs.png
258 KB, 351x364
Why don't the Chargers just move to Inglewood and call themselves the SoCal Chargers? That way San Diegans can still claim them. It may be an extra drive but dammit I live in the middle of Buttfuck, Kentucky where it's a two hour drive to see the Bengals and a three hour drive to see the Tits. You can fucking manage and hour and a half tops drive.
>>
>>65079939
Anon, I've never said Dean isn't more connected than Mark. He almost assuredly is. I'm just saying that Kroenke has at no point publicly expressed a preference of the Chargers as a tenant. As for the League being keen on Stan sharing his stadium? I really don't think they sent the Chargers and Raiders home with an offer of an extra $100 Million because they want them moving to LA. If they wanted a second team, they would have chosen one. The option to relocate, along with the extra $100 Million are simply leveraging negotiating tools to help keep them where they are. As if that weren't enough, Goodell called the Mayor of SD the day after the vote to express his hope that the Mayor does everything he can to keep the Chargers in SD.

>Roberts said Roger Goodell, the NFL commissioner and an old hand at the stadium game, called San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer earlier Wednesday.
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/jan/13/bolt-pride-chargers-ron-roberts/

>The Mayor Kevin Faulconer joined Scott and BR after his State of the City Address to talk about his message about the Chargers, he also described his conversations with Dean Spanos last night, why he is not ruling any options out, he talks about his conversation with Roger Goodell and he tells them why he believes something can get done in San Diego.
http://www.mighty1090.com/episode/kevin-faulconer-i-told-dean-lets-put-all-options-on-the-table/
>>
>>65079941
Nah. I think from a business standpoint, its insanely clear why you'd rather work with Spanos than Davis from Kroenke's POV

People are putting way too much emphasis on fan interest.
>>
>people on /sp/ are suddenly real estate experts
>>
>>65080023
I honestly feel that the maximum leverage Spanos should have is that he should sign a letter of intent to be Kroenke's tenant in Inglewood (which would incur minimal risk on Spanos's part) and use that to gain leverage on the city of San Diego.

Then if the November vote fails, Spanos and Kroenke could renegotiate about construction costs and revenue streams.

That's how Spanos could get the most out of SD since it would be the most realistic threat.

Davis is so fucked. He's gonna have to sell the team soon. He has no leverage anywhere. Last week showed how weak he really is.
>>
>>65079967
Anon, The Justice Department would not have fined JP Morgan half a billion if a billion was going to break them.

>Five of the world's largest banks, including JPMorgan Chase & Co and Citigroup Inc, were fined roughly $5.7 billion, and four of them pleaded guilty to U.S. criminal charges over manipulation of foreign exchange rates, authorities said on Wednesday.

>A fifth bank, UBS AG, will plead guilty to rigging benchmark interest rates, the U.S. Justice Department said.

>U.S. banks JPMorgan Chase and Citigroup will pay $550 million and $925 million in criminal fines, respectively, as part of their guilty pleas.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-banks-forex-settlementa-usa-idUSKBN0O51PY20150520

Now they may fail down the road, but it won't be because Stan Kroenke asks them to borrow $1 Billion
>>
>>65080053
I unfortunately work in real estate :( I wish I didn't know any about any of this shit.
>>
>>65080013
>You can fucking manage and hour and a half tops drive.

>Not understanding LA Traffic or distance

North County San Diego to Inglewood is 2.5 hours most days, from San Diego proper it's over 3 hours.

Also it's more than the drive, it's a cultural difference
>>
>>65080063
Well it was more of a tongue-in-cheek comment but the distinction between "purely private" and "purely public" has become insanely blurred
>>
>>65080056
You are not the only one thinking this. In fact on that network they have spoken to multiple individuals over the past week who have said that is what he is going to do. All these negotiations between the Chargers and Rams people think will preclude an announcement that the Chargers are going to Inglewood are simply negotiations to put something on paper that lets Dean walk into City Hall, slap an agreement on the Mayor's desk, drop his trousers, and instruct the Mayor to get to work, or else he will be executing the option, and taking the Chargers to Inglewood for the 2017 season.
>>
>>65079841
>no commercial property
>successful

No wonder AG Spanos is desperate to sell the chargers down the line
>>
>>65080113
If only we elected DeMaio. He was a fag, he'd have gladly sucked dick to keep the Chargers in town
>>
>>65080125
Supposedly the company was slammed by 2008, so much so that the Chargers became the family's primary source of income. Just goes to show that Dean is as savvy a conventional businessman as he is an owner of an NFL franchise. On top of that however, IIRC Dean isn't even the owner. He has simply acted in his stead since his father Alex, the original AG Spanos, and on the books the owner of the Chargers, succumbed to dementia. He is still alive though, but the word is that when Alex dies, the death tax is going to be a big problem for the remaining Spanoses. If anything is going to make them desperate to sell, even if only a portion of ownership, it will be that.
>>
>everyone here is a business major

Fact of the matter is, everyone in LA, from the most wealthy to the least educated, want the Raiders to come home

LA will bankrupt the Chargers as there will be a massive boycott of their games. All the NFL has to do is give us back OUR FUCKING TEAM

None of you fucking idiots are talking about the fans. The fans are what make the business go. The Chargers have no fans here.

It's that simple.
>>
>>65080155
He might have sucked dick just to taste what billionaire cock tastes like, but he's a lefty, so I'm sure he would have been more staunchly against a public stadium subsidy more than Faulkner has been.
>>
>>65080181
>Fact of the matter is, everyone in LA, from the most wealthy to the least educated, want the Raiders to come home
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-poll-nfl-los-angeles-20150130-htmlstory.html

Totally agree with everything else though. Even though someone else will disagree because or corporate boxes, etc.
>>
>>65079988
Do you not understand that you have to be a billionaire, spelled with a "B", to own an NFL team because NFL franchises are typically valued around 1 to 2 billion dollars? $500 million isn't shit as far as an NFL owner is concerned. Jerry Jones was an Arkansas oil man, Shad Khan is an auto parts tycoon. Mark Davis has nothing but the Raiders, the least valued team in the NFL after his father spent decades destroying it. Eventually he is going to have to sell because the other owners will force him.
>>
>>65080113
Yeah, I'm so not so convinced that Kroenke's bargaining position is all that strong. He obviously wants someone to shoulder some of the risk for building the stadium, which is why even after the vote allowed him going to allow, he's also wanting a partnership with someone else.

Spanos should really see what he can get out of SD and see how the SD vote shakes out before making a decision. I would definitely rather be a tenant than a partner in Inglewood. Let someone else pay for my house and I'll pay the oversized rent as long as I can keep the gameday revenues and events associated with me

Then contract "game days" out to other major events.
>>
>>65080232
Davis will be a billionaire if they allowed him to come back to LA

The NFL is just protecting the Rams because they know if the Raiders come here, they will be the primary team here. Bar none.

Davis has the POTENTIAL to be richer than Kroenke.
>>
>>65080277
>le Raiders are LA's true team meme
If they came to LA they would be the B team just like the Jets are in New York or the Angels are in baseball. They don't have the history that the Rams have. The Rams have 60 years in LA, the Raiders have 12. The only reason attendance fell off for the Rams was because they decided to play in Anaheim because the Coliseum is fuck huge and they were having blackout issues for not selling 110,000 tickets a game. Inglewood is a skip and a hop from downtown L.A.

Not saying they wouldn't succeed (at least as far as fanbase draw is concerned) but they would still be the B team.
>>
>>65080277
So, Davis needs the NFL to be rich?

That's the difference between Davis and the 31 other owners
>>
>>65080373
>Raiders
>b team in L.A.
no.

thats like saying the Orange County Anaheim Angels of Los Angeles are the A team, Dodgers are the B team.

Raiders played in L.A. county, Rams did not. Raiders fans in L.A. go up to Alameda to watch games. Rams fans never made the trip to St. Louis
>>
>>65080539
Rams spent 33/46 years in SoCal in LA County
>>
So do Raider fans totally miss that this is a business where everyone splits profits evenly except for revenues related to the stadium?

That's what I'm getting.
>>
>>65080539
>Raiders played in L.A. county, Rams did not
Wrong. The Rams played at the Coliseum from 1946 to 1979 before playing in Anaheim where they would play for 14 more years. The Raiders entire tenure in LA lasted 12 years.
>>
>>65080013
you don't understand Southern California, San Diego is fundamentally anti-LA in every aspect. If SP needs advice on cousin fucking then you can add your 2 cents.
>>
>>65080620
Rude 2bh.
>>
>>65080603
You're a fucking moron. The NFL will get more revenue if the Raiders come to LA because local interest would be higher.

Forbes estimated the LA Raiders are worth $3 billion. The SD Chargers are only worth $1.5 billion
>>
>>65081337
Your a fucking idiot, provide a link that has the Raiders worth 3 billion.
>>
>>65081337
>Forbes estimated the LA Raiders are worth $3 billion.
[CITATION NEEDED]

http://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/

>http://www.forbes.com/teams/oakland-raiders/
>#31 NFL Team Valuations
>Team Value1 $1,430 M
>Team Value calculated September 2015

>http://www.forbes.com/teams/san-diego-chargers/
>#22 NFL Team Valuations
>Team Value1 $1,525 M
>Team Value calculated September 2015
>>
>>65081450
>arguing with a vato
That was your first mistake
>>
>>65081450
http://www.forbes.com/sites/vincentfrank/2015/06/16/with-relocation-inevitable-what-nfl-teams-will-end-up-in-los-angeles/#2715e4857a0b17b714b91c1d

>LA Raiders
>projected worth: $3 billion
>>
>>65081491
>M-maybe they won't read the actual link and see it doesn't include the word "projected," "billion" let alone a Raiders valuation of $3 Billion
>>
>>65081491
Ok Jose, if you want me to sound out those words for you I will, but no where in that 8 month old speculative article does it say anything about the Raiders projected worth.
>>
>>65072069
lol i live in SD homie. we have good people here but a lot are fair weather. personally i dont know what i would do
>>
>>65079941
hey man we might be roommates soon no need to be rude
>>
>>65080087
>>65080620
>muh culture
you are just like NW fags who claim seattle and portland are polar opposites
>>
>>65081725
No body gives a shit about the pacific northwest. Portland and Seattle are two tiny hillbilly towns compared to Southern California's 25 million people.
>>
>>65081725
LA and San Diego are as far from each other as New York and Philly is.

Just because they're in the same region of a huge state doesn't make them the same.
>>
>>65081805
I always say that seattle is only 100,000 people more populous than fucking fresno yet seahawks fans always whine about muh metro area
>>
>>65081604
some of my friends have said they would support the Raiders if they moved to SD. Personally, I don't know if I could bring myself to do it.
>>
>>65066017
>There is only a 12.4% chance that staying in San Diego would end up being better than going to Inglewood (Calculated between the difference between the $674/$5,254
but there's only a 10% of that
>>
>>65066125
spotted the san diego cuck
>>
>>65081816
fuck LA
>>
can I post now?
>>
You assholes know that LA-SD are huge sports rivals, right?

That's like asking SF Giants fans to cheer for the Dodgers if the Giants moved
>>
if the chargers end up staying, will san diegoans seriously keep giving the owner money and support the team after he shat on their collective chests in front of everyone?
>>
File: dodgers error.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
dodgers error.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>65082177
>huge rivals
>dads are a joke
>no NBA rivalry
>no football rivalry
>no hockey rivalry
>no soccer rivalry
little brother is getting feisty again
>>
>>65082240
Probably. Most people down here don't give a shit about them either way. Californians are really indifferent with their sports teams beyond relatively small groups of hardcore fans.
>>
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/67599/forbes-raiders-worth-970-million

>If the Raiders move to Los Angeles and get a new stadium, expect their value to skyrocket to the top of the league.

Raiders got fucked over
>>
>>65082334

it can still happen
>>
>>65082354
Yeah so I don't get these idiots talking about Spanos having access to credit or whatever when Davis has a higher upsell in LA than the Chargers would

>$500 million
>"cash poor"

Get the fuck out of here. He has more money than you ever will
>>
>>65080056
>Davis is so fucked.
No he isn't at all

He can lease o.co this year and let the big fish fight each other

he has the most leverage excluding money for a stadium out of the three

He is allowed to share santa clara , SD has peaked interest in him , San Antonio(which I believe will never happen but none the less its there) has peaked extraordinary interest, LA is the best hope for him and he still has an additional year.

Mark is in a good position right now
>>
>>65082367
See >>65080232
>>
as an la tax payer id rather my money go to a kickass stadium in my backyard than in the pockets if blacks and illegal chinks/spics. good use of funds
>>
>>65080373
Whoa there not him but the rams would seriously be a B team to Raider's A team and I can admit that as a ram fan

Its weird to be honest its like raider fans come out the woodwork just for the special occasion of a game.
>>
>>65081471
>reading comprehensions the post
>>
>>65082381
If you think on the objective level what Davis got, he only got the promise to borrow more money than anyone else

Here's why
1) LA is effectively shut off from him. Let's call it what it is.
2) He has minimal leverage against Oakland since it was clear from the owner's meetings that he has the least amount of power out of the 32 owners. All his threats to move are hampered by two things; i) his lack of liquid capital (unlike Kroenke), and ii) lack of goodwill from the league (unlike Spanos). What's Oakland's motivation to give into anything he wants?
3) $100 million can't bridge the gap between a new stadium in Oakland and how much is on the table right now
4) San Diego and San Antonio only needs 8 votes to be blocked off. Kroenke/Spanos and Jones/McNair have enough money and goodwill with the league to block Davis from moving in either place

The only realistic option is 1) lease year-to-year from Alameda County (again, he doesn't own O.Co. All gameday revenue goes to the county) or 2) move in with Jed York in Santa Clara as a tenant (since partnership was effectively shut off). Naming rights, game-day revenue could be restricted (but I think if this happens, the NFL will restructure the deal)

If he really wants his own stadium, he'd have to sell controlling interest of the team, and he seems unwilling to do that.

He's fucked
>>
>>65082612
2) He has minimal leverage against Oakland since it was clear from the owner's meetings that he has the least amount of power out of the 32 owners. All his threats to move are hampered by two things; i) his lack of liquid capital (unlike Kroenke), and ii) lack of goodwill from the league (unlike Spanos). What's Oakland's motivation to give into anything he wants?
>4) San Diego and San Antonio only needs 8 votes to be blocked off. Kroenke/Spanos and Jones/McNair have enough money and goodwill with the league to block Davis from moving in either place
Doesn't matter
Rules have not changed since Al moved the franchise. The only thing that did change was the style of moving a franchise to another city like how irsay moved the colts.

He can move the team and won't worry about suspended operations so long as he does it early rather than near preseason-offeseason times
>>
>>65082687
Al in 1982 had more relative power back then than Mark does now.

And his lack of capital really does control. This isn't 1982-1983.

Mark can move the team if he has the funds to do so, and someone will only give him funds if he's going to give up some ownership control.

Not to mention, think about what happened to the Seahawks in 1996. They were fined $500,000/day from the league until they moved back to Seattle.

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/football/article/Dark-days-10-years-ago-the-Seahawks-nearly-1194634.php

>Behring's plan was halted when the NFL threatened to fine him $500,000 a day until he returned the Seahawks to Seattle, and after King County had filed lawsuits against him.
>>
>>65082736
What the fuck are you talking about? Mark has $500 million...that's more than YOU have.

Mark has a lot of leverage to do whatever he wants because his dad paved the way to do so.
>>
>>65082524
>LA Raiders
>currently existing
Pick one

>LA Raiders projected value being compared to SD Chargers current value
>comparing apples and oranges
Pick two
>>
>>65082954
>backtracking and realizing mistakes the post
>>
>>65082736
Does that even matter? The NFL would have no authority to suspend Davis's business nor is there really an enforcement mechanism for enforcing any kind of fine

Fine, Davis loses goodwill from the league. why would he care?
>>
>>65082966
>Covering My Ass 2: Must Save Face the post
>>
>>65082987
Remember that G4 fund for new stadiums?

I can think of $200 million reasons of why Davis would care. That fund is discretionary, not mandatory. Unless Davis really wants to pay every single cent of a new stadium out of his own pocket.....

This isn't the early 80s anymore.
>>
>>65072044
He said that he didn't want shit tier raiders fan getting their filth all over his new nfl super plex.
>>
Lol

>$500 million
>cash poor

Let's see your bank account, anon
>>
>>65084303
Davis does not have 500 million.
>>
>>65084447
He has more than you do

Therefore Davis has more power than you and can do whatever he wants
>>
>>65084447
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>65084501
Whatever Hector.
>>
>>65072044

He just doesn't want the mexican raiders fans in his new football mecca.
>>
>>65086226
Stinking up the place.
>>
File: laguna_beach.jpg (830 KB, 1200x784) Image search: [Google]
laguna_beach.jpg
830 KB, 1200x784
>>65066017
the real winners are us orange county residents.
>>
>>65088706
>property value doesn't go up
>still the same old boring OC
I don't see it
>>
>>65072069
Not only would the Raiders gain a bunch of the current fan base in SD, but they have a sizeable following in the Inland Empire.
>>
>>65084303
Davis doesn't have $500 million cash, not by a long shot. And he is the poorest owner in the league.
>>
File: alex_curry.jpg (19 KB, 210x239) Image search: [Google]
alex_curry.jpg
19 KB, 210x239
>>65089463
>implying stadiums make property values go up
>implying property values in OC haven't consistently gone up since the 80s.

as if this has anything to do with property values

>new stadium is 15 minutes up the 405
>not my tax dollars

stay classy, salt diego.
>>
This is 100% the fault of San Diego County voters.

If you would have replaced Qualcomm 10-15 years ago with a new stadium in Oceanside or La Jolla or even fucking El Cajon they wouldn't be leaving.

But you had to try and be cheap now look where you're at.
>>
File: 1370217478015.gif (313 KB, 300x182) Image search: [Google]
1370217478015.gif
313 KB, 300x182
>>65092780
>>implying stadiums make property values go up
stopped reading there
>>
>>65084303
Davis's net worth is $550 million but much of that is tied in the team

Honestly I'd be shocked if he had more than $50 million in liquid assets.
>>
>>65092780
>15 minute drive
>Los Angeles
>>
>>65092805
What are you talking about?
>>
Why can't Davis just
1) Move the team to LA anyways like his dad did
2) Be a partner with Kroenke in Inglewood

Davis clearly wants to be in LA but the NFL is making it impossible. Can't he just sue the NFL?
>>
>>65094160
because after 15 minutes he gets in a 9 car collision and is sent to the hospital but dies en route.
>>
>>65094305
He lacks the huge balls his dad had
>>
>>65094305
1) Because Davis doesn't have the money to.
2) Because Davis doesn't have the money to
>>
>>65094941
this

also
>that fucking haircut
>>
we don't want the fucking Chargers. please stay in San Diego where they resent LA the way that a younger brother resents his older brother.
>>
>>65067627
Nobody wants the fucking Chorgers except San Diego.
>>
>>65080181
What the fuck are you talking about?

No one wants the shitty raiders. We have the team we want here now... The Rams... no one else.
>>
>>65082118
thanks for your contribution Daniel.
>>
Chargers are doing it wrong and should go to Anaheim tbqh

that's where all their "fans" are located

better money out there too
>>
>>65079904

Why would any mayor sign off to have the Raiders in Los Angeles? Doing so makes you directly guilty for a couple of people getting stabbed at a LA Raiders tailgate.
>>
No news is good news?
>>
>>65103203
why yes
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.