[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think this old coot sank the ship cause he was becoming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: fergie.jpg (47 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
fergie.jpg
47 KB, 620x413
Do you think this old coot sank the ship cause he was becoming senile and left it to sink right after?

ManUre had >Moyes and now Van Laal. They all get shit but no one mentions who let the ship sink.
>>
He did leave a pretty bad squad behind.

However, he still won the league fucking 11 points clear at the top with that shit squad, so really, those other managers can't be absolved.
>>
There was never a ship to begin with, Ronaldo was the last truly great player they had. Fergie was actually just captaining a boat made entirely out of duct tape, wherein to get anything done all he had to do was yell at officials or his own players. Literally nothing about the players which made up the majority of United's title winning sides indicates they are at the level they actually played at.

I never really subscribed to the notion that Ferguson even cared about tactics, all he knew was the 4-4-2, and he got the most out of it/the players with second-to-none man management. Turning a sail boat made entirely from duct tape into the British armada.
>>
>>64594631
the board cücked him for many years when it was very clear that half the team needed to be replaced, he stepped down to not fuck with >muh legacy
>>
I bet he is secretly loving the failures of United. It makes him look even more godly that they fall apart as soon as he leaves and can't fix it even with 100s of millions of pounds.
>>
>>64594967
>can't fix it even with 100s of millions of pounds
what a great time to be alive
>>
He was going to retire the previous season until City sneaked the league in the last game

He put all his wizard powers into winning one last title and didn't give a fuck about building for the future
>>
>>64594743
he had the most success playing 4-3-3 you moron
>>
>>64594967
>I bet he is secretly loving the failures of United
he's enjoying every second of it
>>
>>64596738
What most people don't realise is that when a manager has been around as long as fergie had, the players are fully his because they know in a choice between him or them, the board will always choose him so can't chimp out like a lot of footballers think they can when their upset, they have to play for him, and would get abused off their teammates for being bitches to a manager the rest of the squad adore because he's been around for their entire career
>>
>>64594743
>le ferguson was bad at tactics meme
All you meme masters should rewatch his 06-09 United play. Their attacking formations were some of the most creative and fluid I've ever seen. Sometimes the way Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney switched positions and interplayed looked like it was straight out of Pep Guardiola's wet dream. They also did the whole false 9 thing with Rooney before Barcelona with Messi
>>
>>64594631
fergies united would not have come in 7th the next year had he continued managing
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.