[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canadian doctor: sports players are queers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1451031472151[1].jpg (82 KB, 685x1027) Image search: [Google]
1451031472151[1].jpg
82 KB, 685x1027
Is he right? Dr. Brian Pronger of U. Toronto writes in his paper "Outta My Endzone: Sport and the Territorial Anus" that "men's sport allows men and boys to exclude women and girls from their all-male environments, permits them to play with each other's bodies, to surround themselves with naked men in the showers and locker rooms, to enjoy that all-male contact, without suffering the vilification that usually comes from the open acknowledgment and pursuit of masculine erotic contact, the stigma of "being homosexual.""
>>
>>64438419
Some quotes from his paper:

http://jss.sagepub.com/content/23/4/373.abstract

"In other words, the homophobia of competitive sport allows men to play with each other's bodies and still preserve their patriarchal heterosexist hegemony; they can have their (beef) cake and eat it, too."

"It goes without saying that a limp, shriveled penis is not effective in simulating the domineering masculine organization of desire. Given that no penis can live up to its phallic boast, no matter how swollen it gets, phallocentrism finds other ways to territorialize the body: innocuously, possibly, in body building, and more despotically in the territorial violence of warfare and competitive sport, for instance."

"I will argue that competitive sport... is embedded in the masculine colonizing will to conquer the space of an "other" while simultaneously protectively enclosing the space of the self... In sex, it shows in the desire to penetrate the holes of others and the desire to resist having the same happen to oneself."

"Less boastful than the phallus, perhaps because of its embarrassing vulnerability or even more terrifying potential openness, is the phallus's companion, the protective side of phallic desire, the side than can repel or admit others into the space carved out by phallic aggression.

The simulacrum of this other side of phallic desire, I suggest is the asshole. It is the tightly closed orifice of the phallic conqueror, as well as the (perhaps) reluctantly opened orifice of the phalically conquered. Masculine desire is thus produced in the play of the phallus and asshole.

It stimulates desire as both homoerotic and homophobic: homoerotic in its preoccupation with phallic intent, homophobic in its resistance to penetration."

"...one's defeat shows one's anal vulnerability and therefore phallic impotence, there is humiliation in defeat, in being penetrated..."
>>
>>64438419
wow

merry chistmas anon
>>
>Journal of Sports and Social Issues
>Impact Factor 0.571

I think we know who the real faggot is
>>
>>64438424
>>64438419
This is actually hilarious and sounds like excellent execution of satire

If its serious, its still lelsworthy on that merit
>>
Nah he just gay desu senpai.
Notice how everything in his article has no mention of non contact sports such as track and field or tennis
>>
DESU
>>
Is someone surprised? we have all seen how gay /fit/, it's not much different.
>>
>>64438424
>all those buzzwords

canada is just a colder, less humorous straya
>>
Holy shit everytime I write t.b.h. f.a.m it goes DESU senpai
>>
of course they're gay, is this supposed to be news
>>
> Canadian doctor
> talking about sports
Stopped reading right there
>>
>Outta My Endzone: Sport and the Territorial Anus
Paper title of the fucking year

But sure, let's remove the homoerotic exclusion and let girls play mixed full-contact rugby. I'm sure a 65kg female flyhalf will be able to take some late hits from 120kg male props.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.