[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that people hate bandwagoning? I wont lie its bugged
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: panthfags.jpg (15 KB, 229x174) Image search: [Google]
panthfags.jpg
15 KB, 229x174
Why is it that people hate bandwagoning?

I wont lie its bugged me seeing people talk or post about a team they clearly know nothing about and have not followed but I dont know why

Why is it that someone liking something we like (or pretending to) a cause of distress?

Is it just that we are jealous they didnt waste time watching a bad team and dont "deserve" to enjoy success?

It seems like a very illogical, petty and childish feeling on par with hipsterism and yet it permeates sports culture

discuss
>>
>>64290358

>bandwagoners are posers (pic related)

These people are obnoxious because they generally know nothing about the sport and team they claim to support. To them it's a passing fad that they just want to be a part of. Once the team sucks again these people vanish just as suddenly as they appeared.

They're disloyal, annoying fucks. Fortunately they are easy to spot and to ridicule, especially if they're on your team's bandwagon.
>>
File: 1446128270612.jpg (45 KB, 639x618) Image search: [Google]
1446128270612.jpg
45 KB, 639x618
Bandwagoners are usually the ones with the shitty attitudes and personalities...probably because they're such hollow people anyway. The nice and humble bros are almost always the lifelong fans.

>watch astros get knocked out
>sadly go to bar for banter with pals
>huge rangers fan bartender and i shoot the shit, get stoked for next year
>im smoking outside and see group plastered in royals gear
>hats and shirts are brand new, one girls hat literally has a tag on it
>congratulate them on the win, at least it was a good fight, see them in the playoffs next year
>call me a bitch ass crybaby and my team sucks and i suck and seriously like what the fuck is that astros guys problem ugh what a loser
>>
The only illogical thing is someone choosing to support a club 100s or even 1000s of miles away that they have no affiliation with. Even worse when they shun their local team. A Patriots fan from New York? A Barcelona fan from London? Fuck off.

I follow the PL, the NFL and many other sports and leagues. Sure I have my favourite teams and players but I would never call myself a fan of these teams. You can't just choose to 'support' a team and suddenly you care about thier results. Do you really care about how this team of millionaires on the other side of the world does? You couldn't even name their squad last week. It's so fake.

Enjoy sport around the world but support your local teams.
>>
File: 453254432.jpg (5 KB, 93x100) Image search: [Google]
453254432.jpg
5 KB, 93x100
>>64291477

>KC fairweathers acting like dicks

Royals bandwagoners are the absolute scum of the sports world. I would know, I'm a Cards fan in Missouri and I'm surrounded by these pricks. They materialized out of nowhere in late 2014 and have spawned more since then. They know fuckall about baseball and the stuff they'd post on facebook trying to insult the Astros, Jays, and Mets was downright juvenile and petty. They also despise the St. Louis Cardinals, despite being in an entirely different league. We don't give two shits about the Royals.

Nothing against the Royals club personally, but I'll be glad when that team sucks again so that their bandwagoners will go back to wearing Red Sox gear and STFU.

>we miss the 'Stros in the Central btw. would gladly swap them back for the Brewers. was pulling for you guys against KC.
>>
>>64291480

That's the opposite of millenials "me me me" mentality. Those fags seek easy winning. They are, like illegal aliens, most fans of Real Madrid and CR/, the meme gay model and idol of millenials
>>
>>64292567
I'm from Kansas City and was never the hugest baseball fan, I mean I went to a Royals game or two a year, but I could probably never name more than 5-7 players on the roster every year if I'm gonna be honest, and I felt dirty staying up watching the postseason games because I just wasn't as emotionally invested in it as say my dad.

I was still psyched obviously that we won, but even in KC, the bandwagon fans are ridiclous, even if they have a "right" to like the Royals.
>>
I'm dreading the Bandwagoners for the Cubs next season. I've followed the Cubs religiously for essentially 15 years now. Started as an actual fan when I was around 7. First Cubs game in 98 and saw Sandberg play. Plus my uncle, Grandma and Dad are huge Cubs fan so that helped. I've watched probably 80% of their games since then and Damn near everyone since Theo took over. I've watched a losing team for over half my life.

Now since last season around mid summer the bandwagoners are coming out and I have to listen to every fucking retard and female talk about them and have zero fucking idea what they are talking about. Its awful.
>>
>>64290358
2/10 will get some retards
>>
only people online esp /sp/ hate bandwagoning, most people in life are casual sports fans who like random teams, for example my dad is a lakers-bulls-niners-cowboys fan because those were all the teams that was dominant during his life.

most people are like that only on /sp/ is bandwagoning vilified
>>
File: Sad_Bear_by_Jovajna.jpg (35 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Sad_Bear_by_Jovajna.jpg
35 KB, 300x400
I hate bandwagoners because I spend 29 years of my life born and growing up in Chicago devoted to my hometown Bears with limited successes and lots of heartbreak and choking year after year if not just plain sucking if not the wandsted years then the trestman and now fox or Cutler era. All the soul crushing, all the depression, for nothing year after year. Even when they were so close they blow it to fucking Peyton and then the next time we lose to the fucking Packers only to watch them go on and win the owl. And yet I still watch the embarassments every week. I still get hope only for it to be inevitably crushed and I keep supporting and will still keep supporting the hometown team.

Meanwhile bandwagon faggots, aka the scum of the earth, all go nuts for hall of famer Aaron Rodgers and latch onto green bay and shit and then they "celebrate" 2010 as if their team won the Superbowl despite living in Chicago the most disgusting part of all. All these so called Chicago sports "fans" rooting for green bay. I wanted to shoot them right there and then. What made it worse is that I personally knew some of them.

I suffered for 29 years and continue to do so and see the bears amount to nothing year after year. I chose to stick with my team and be a loyal fan and what do I get out of it? A shortened lifespan and crippling depression with a possible bipolar disorder.

Meanwhile the bandwagoners "watch" "their" team for one year or less and get to have a championship and "their" hero Aaron Rodgers get an mvp and make fun of me for sticking with the bears for years to come as the Packers continue beating our ass 90% of the time we play.

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

So fuck all bandwagoners. I hope they all die a horrible death. None of them deserve to live.
>>
>>64294013
You just described your dad as a bandwagon fan.
>>
>>64290358
imagine being a real Cleveland Browns fan your whole life and then next year they magically go 19-0 and you see a bunch of teenage autists here from California and Seattle celebrating it after being "fans" for 1/4 of a season?
>>
>>64294158
that was my point most people in the world are bandwagon fans and /sp/ only hates bandwagon because it's in 4chan's nature to hate everything that is popular or normal.
>>
>>64294121
>those feels
Cheer up, at least you handed them a big loss on Thanksgiving this year. Not to mention it was also Favre retirement day.

Hang in there burrsbros. Your time will come.
>>
>>64293725

I'm the Cardinals guy from earlier. Cubs will likely win the division next season and I can tell you now, your bandwagon situation is going to be bad. All the media-driven "Cubs first potential title in over a century" bullshit is going to make it 10x worse than all the Royals faggots.

>I don't mind loyal Cub fans. Would drink beer and talk ball with.
>>
>>64294121
>>64293725
>the depressive sportshole of chicago
At least you have
>hockey
So I guess your Canadian population can be happy at least
>>
lifelong warriors fan reporting
>>
File: white-sox-crosstown-cup-0816.png (306 KB, 645x274) Image search: [Google]
white-sox-crosstown-cup-0816.png
306 KB, 645x274
>>64294229
As a White Sox fan, saying this now, any Sox fan found switching or even remotely endorsing the Cubs next season, will as they have this past season, be absolutely crucified.
>>
>>64294121

One day in the future the Packers will be the basement NFC North losers and the Bears will be on top and win superbowls. When that day comes, you'll be the one having the last laugh at those bandwagoners and you can even deny them entry back into the bears fandom if their bandwagoning asses try to switch back.
>>
>>64294206
>>64294340
I'm hoping it'll be worth the wait. Already waited 29 years of my life.
>>
>>64294229
I love talking sports with people. I just cant stand bandwagon fans. Chicago is gonna be running rampant with Bandwagoners next year.
>>
>>64294492
What a horrifying time to be alive
>>
>>64294121
Man fuck the Packers
>>
The most illogical thing of all is to watch and enjoy sports. You aren't doing anything. How do you get any pleasure from being a passive observer instead of actually playing?
>>
>>64295696
There is no pleasure had if you're a Bears fan.
>>
>>64290358
Because bandwagoners are naturally cowardly and will run away whenever anything gets mildly difficult, in sports fandom as well as life
>>
Perfectly normal in a country where teams are companies and can relocate anytime leaving behind their fanbases. But in club-system countries it's pretty much a asshole move because they are part of your city/people permanent identity.
>>
>tfw life long panther fan.

you either suck or have a bandwagon. After experiencing years of the suck I have decided that having a bandwagon is the lesser of two evils. my only hope is that Cam and Luke will usher in a Decade long Dynasty.
>>
>>64294121
Dude its just a game
>>
>>64291480

I'm from new england and am a raiders fan. Location has nothing to do with liking a team. Location makes liking a local team easier but that doesnt mean you have to like them just because they are local - that's retarded
>>
>>64297274

Filthy plastic.

You support your local team or the same team as your dad. Anything else and you're not a real fan.
>>
>>64291477
>congratulate them on the win
You're a loser and got treated like one. Not sure what your problem is m8
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.