[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, I'll be the first one to ask. What went wrong today?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: _87209927_tv030579748.jpg (52 KB, 624x300) Image search: [Google]
_87209927_tv030579748.jpg
52 KB, 624x300
Alright, I'll be the first one to ask.

What went wrong today?
>>
>today
>>
File: 1280625601666.jpg (8 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1280625601666.jpg
8 KB, 251x251
>today
>>
>Defensive manager blames poor player performances on lack of endeavour and discipline
>Players respond by playing in a more restrained and conservative manner
>Restrained, conservative play negatively affects performances, particularly in terms of attacking play and being able to dominate games
>Manager does the same thing again and again, getting progressively harsher and more vitriolic in his criticism of the players
>Players lose all confidence and the team's performances spiral as the players become all about disciplined, conservative play for fear of being called out by the manager
>Team struggles to score, attacking players look devoid of all confidence and adventure
>Defence hesitant and frightened of being shat on for their mistakes
>Progressively slide towards the relegation zone as team morale is completely depleted
>Manager fails to inject life and creativity into the team by shaking things up
>Instead of questioning if he can do things differently he puts failures squarely on the players' shoulders

Piss poor management is what's gone wrong at Chelsea.
>>
Chelsea attempted to win a football match.

recipe for disaster
>>
>>64252986
How can you blame him for players giving up?

These cunts get worse and worse every year, pampered pussies
>muh agent
>muh wages
>muh girlfriend
>muh weather
>muh home
>muh shopping

Man United had a team that just won the league quit on Moyes. Same shit is happening this year with Jose. He's won everywhere he's ever been. I don't care if he's a cunt, he's not THE problem.
>>
>>64252986
Pretty spot on and an absolute disgrace if you look at the morbid amounts of money involved in this whole charade.
>>
>>64252175

Nothing went wrong today. Leicester are the vastly superior team and thus won accordingly. 2-1 was a good result for Chelsea, could've been much worse.
>>
>>64256580
Every other manager I would (probably) defend them over the players.

Here it's completely's Mourinho's fault, he many so many mistakes in every field (tactical, transfers, man management, simple line up selection), the biggest one being completely misunderstanding what his players are good at. What's worse is that he said that 2013-14 Chelsea were a little horse, that he had no striker, that things were going to change: 6 good months in 2014, then Chelsea went back to grinding 1-0 wins when they don't have the players to do it.

This situation is completely on Mourinho and he has to go.
>>
I just realized that Mourinho's tenure is reaching a critical point where if he stays for an unspecified but very proximate amount of time further Chelsea will literally be keked back to the stone ages.

>best players will leave to top CL teams
>no world class player will want to come in
>no world class coaches will want to come in (probably get Fabio Capello or some dogshit)
>won't qualify for CL again next year
>will become a mid table team

feels good man, but only if Mourinho isn't sacked for a bit longer, otherwise they may be able to turn it around and get top 7
>>
>>64257065
>>no world class coaches will want to come in
That's not true, a big spending Chelsea with no pressure and no cl so you can focus on the league is a good place to start for many. Pep wouldn't manage them but I don't think they would have go for some old fart with nothing to give.
>>
>>64257111

time will tell, Florenzo

you only have to look at Liverpool to see that there's no such thing as "too big to fail", they won the CL in 2004 and are now perennial Europa leaguers (except that one year they almost memed it but choked)
>>
File: 1450156890286.jpg (12 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1450156890286.jpg
12 KB, 200x200
>Today
>>
Chelsea played well, especially in the second half. Not that many teams come to Leicester and dominate like that in the second half, not in terms of the possesion, but the quality of play.

We all thought for sure Chelsea would've got back in to it, there's the difference, they're not reaching their levels of ability.

Either way, they were undone by masterstrokesm Kante's persistence again lead to two Leicester goals, leaving Albrighton free on the wing is dangerous, not marking players tight enough on the wings - all these things are what Chelsea have failed to do all year because that's what they've always experienced. They havn't experienced a player like Ulloa managing to get 10/20 touches in a row leading to a shot, or the right back on the edge of the Chelsea box.

Leicester outperformed them, simple as.
>>
>>64257065

>best players will leave

Who apart from hazard will anyone even want?
>>
>>64257193

oscar
matic
uh idk man, clubs would give em a go
>>
>>64257193
I can see Real Madrid and Barcelona fighting for Willian's signature.
>>
>>64257208

'Top CL teams' won't want those guys. Matic has been found out this season and Oscar is shit.
>>
I always like to blame Chelsea's losses on Costa because he's a giant bitch.
>>
File: flawless.png (201 KB, 355x442) Image search: [Google]
flawless.png
201 KB, 355x442
>>
Leicester scored more goals than Chelsea could manage, and therefore won the game
>>
File: Mouyes.png (222 KB, 358x358) Image search: [Google]
Mouyes.png
222 KB, 358x358
>"One of my best qualities is to read the game for my players and I feel like my work was betrayed," said Mourinho.

>"One possibility is that I did an amazing job last season and brought the players to a level that is not their level and now they can't maintain it."
>>
>>64252175

They chatted shit and as a result got banged.
>>
Can't blame Mou for Azpi being a retard and letting a left footed in form goal scoring machine shoot at goal, with his strong foot, unchallenged
>>
>>64257208

>Oscar
shit

>Matic
shit

any others?
>>
>>64259071
>mfw just 12 months ago Matic was the best DM in the world
>>
>>64257065
>Capello
>not a world class coach
>compared to "some dogshit"
I want casuals to leave right fucking now. With the exception of his retirement NT jobs (which are much different from club jobs), he has been a huge success everywhere he went and might be the best manager of the 90s/00s. It literally triggers me that one of the all time greats like Capello gets constantly disrespected while a hack like Ancelotti (3 league titles in 16 years of managing Juve/Milan/Chelsea/PSG/Madrid) is regarded as some coaching genius.
>>
>>64259077
Matić is still "ehhh OK"-level. He doesn't really fuck up.
>>
Jose tried to control a match against a counter attacking team. You would think that he of all people would know better.
>>
File: pity.jpg (13 KB, 200x226) Image search: [Google]
pity.jpg
13 KB, 200x226
>>64259044
>One possibility is that I did an amazing job last season and brought the players to a level that is not their level and now they can't maintain it
>>
>>64259144
This statement alone should disqualify someone from holding a coaching job, holy fuck
>>
File: laughing GOAT.jpg (52 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
laughing GOAT.jpg
52 KB, 300x300
>>64259144

Totally, Jose. Chelsea were just wildly overperforming last season because of you. Now they're simply playing at their level.
>>
>>64257232
I can't
>>
>>64259254
>>64259144
That's genuine delusion, it's like he forgot he finished third with a very similar team the year before.
>>
>>64259108
>>64259077
Matic is not a dm, last season he looked like one because he was in top form and everyone else was as well.
He's complete midfielder that should be playing near a better dm imho, I'd like to see once Matic-Mikel.
>>
>>64252175
They wanted it more
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.