[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Him not being in the HOF is the most retarded shit on earth,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 121454.jpg (32 KB, 213x320) Image search: [Google]
121454.jpg
32 KB, 213x320
Him not being in the HOF is the most retarded shit on earth, Boreball is a fucking joke
>>
Fuck him
>>
>break number 1 rule in baseball
>lie about it for years
>beg to get in while shoeless Joe will never get in
He deserves his punishment
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 657x369) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 657x369
>Mfw I am PickCincy and I am flapping my jiggly stubby arms in autistic delight despite the cardinals and Cubs re-establishing themselves as the division heavyweights today because my mom just got home with Cincinnati "cuisine" for dinner and she promised me if I'm a good boy and don't shit in her mouth when she changed my diaper this time she'll give me two helping of old chili on ramen and then when I'm done I can waddle back downstairs to bitch and moan about how a millionaire who broke well-known rules to fuel his degenerate habit isn't allowed the honor of being considered one of the sport's greatest, FAIREST players
>>
>muh gambling boogeyman

Why are people so offended by gamblers? Who gives a flying fuck.
>>
>>64240811
>gambling when you directly influence the outcome is the same thing as gambling when you don't
>>
>>64240853

There's no proof he ever threw a game or bet against his team. Betting on yourself is no different than incentive laden contracts.
>>
>>64240504
What the fuck is this fair bullshit.

He should be in. If it's a hall of fame for the greatest baseball players of all time it's retarded to not put him in.

If it's a celebration of baseball history he should be in.

There's no reason they can't put him in for his place in history while also acknowledging he's a fuck up.

The only reason to leave him out is if the baseball HOF is a circle jerk based around playing a game 'the right way' and following 'unwritten rules' that are asinine.

Just remember, it's not okay to flip your bat after a home run. But it is okay to hit someone who's flipped a bat with a 90 fastball to the head.

Baseball is fucking stupid.
>>
>>64240853
I heard that he had only bet on his team to win? Can't confirm though
>>
The fact that this is still a "big" story in baseball is an indictment of how old the majority of the fanbase is.
>>
Manfred made the right decision. Disgrace to the game.
>>
>>64240900
>>64240888
>be manager
>bet to win tonight's meaningless regular season game
>burn 3 starting pitchers tonight to make absolute sure the win happens, hampering the team for the next few games

If it was NFL maybe, but the thing with baseball is you don't throw your best players out every night because the season is so damn long. The rotation exists for a reason, and if he bet on his team while he was manager then he could have had incentive to fuck over his team for the rest of their current series of games.

As for when he bet on himself as a player, who gives a shit
>>
He's a piece of shit and deserves what he got.
>>
I've been to the hall of fame and you could probably name it The Pete Rose and New York Yankees museum. Even if Pete's plaque isn't in the actual hall he is ALL OVER the museum.

If they're going to make him so prominent, they should probably just put him in the hall.

Shoeless Joe should be in there too. No one is ever going to learn about either of those two without knowing about their scandals. That will hang over their heads forever if they're in the hall or not.
>>
>>64240918
>this post is correct
come on look on this thread. there are only 10 posts made in 45 minutes. that is an example how few kids follow baseball
>>
>>64241074
banning steroids was the stupidest thing to do if they want more young people to watch
>>
>>64240499
Its not like he threw the game like Shoeless Joe did. (although I know that he wasn't proven to do so, and had an outstanding fucking series)
>>
>>64240980
I see what you are saying but that is something highly questionable and would draw attention which to my knowledge he hasn't done. Judging by the success of the teams he was part of it didn't hamper them much at all l
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.