[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Cheering for a professional sports team located in a city/state
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12
File: 1442545849365[1].png (147 KB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
1442545849365[1].png
147 KB, 500x337
>Cheering for a professional sports team located in a city/state that you haven't spent the majority of your life in

People look down on you for being such a faggot. We view you as casuals and/or bandwagon jumpers which you likely are. It doesn't matter how much you claim to like the team, you will never be considered a true fan.

inb4 a bunch of people argue about the semantics of this post rather than the basic idea behind it
>>
This is completely true. This is why I have no NFL team

>live in NY, dad is a faggot cowboys bandwagoner because 'muh childhood dynasty memories'
>refuse to bandwagon cowboys like some fag, but also don't like the giants because raised by my dad
>root for mets and islanders, can't bring myself to get invested in the jets, another shit franchise

so I just follow the NFL for fantasy and try and enjoy good games. it sucks not having a team but at least i'm not a bandwagoning fag
>>
Mom is from Buffalo, raised me to be a Bills fan even though I was born in LA. Raiders/Rams were gone by the time I watched football.

I've been to a few away games and a home game but it's still a little awkward.
>>
>>63944901
So you're saying someone should change their team in their 40s if they moved sometime in their youths? Isn't that exactly the kind of bandwagon behavior you claim to dislike? Are you some kind of hypocrite, OP?
>>
>>63944901
Broncos have the largest geographical fanbase because none of these shitty states have their own team

How is it fair to say they aren't "real?"
>>
>>63944971
>refuse to bandwagon cowboys
>still refuse to support giants, despite living in NY, because father is a cowboys fan
>refuse to support Jets because they suck

good lord did i just read that?
>>
>>63945019
they are in college football land
>>
>>63945050
I mean at least I'm not a bandwagoner right? /sp/ told me that's the most important thing
>>
>>63945088
No you seem like a fag with acceptance and daddy issues
>>
>>63945058
>doesn't live where a sport is played
>therefore not allowed to be interested in it

The World Wide Web (Internet) allows me to do whatever I want.
>>
File: karl-die-hard-asian-dawn.jpg (146 KB, 1074x920) Image search: [Google]
karl-die-hard-asian-dawn.jpg
146 KB, 1074x920
>>63944901
>grow up in central Maryland
>live in and around Glen Burnie my whole life
>fucking Steelers fans everywhere

Why can't they die out already?
>>
>>63945108
Chill breh. I support the Jets to the extent that I'm root for them to win but I just can't invest myself in them the same way I do with the Mets and Islanders. Right now my mest and islanders are good but most years that would be three complete shit teams. It's too depressing. Maybe you're a browns fan but I just can't stomach that
>>
>>63945180
>refuses to support shit teams
>claims to not be a bandwagoner

for the record I am a Patriots fan that has living memory of the pre-Bledsoe years
>>
>Dad was a habs fan (despicable)
>I was not down for that, even at such an impressionable age (I was in skates at like 3 years old, I dont even remember learning how to skate)
>Cheer for the hometown jets when I get old enough to actually understand the concept of sports, Teemu was the shit
>They fucking leave
>Start cheering for the Hawks because they were entertaining as all fuck, kind of like a train crash that lasts 60 minutes
>They get gud
>The jest come back

I feel like someone who's spouse went to prison thinking they were never getting out, then they won an appeal or some shit years later and they get out and you're like balls deep in this other team that you watched tank for years to get top picks and create a dynasty
>>
>implying I've spent the majority of my life in any state
>implying I've ever lived within 175 miles of an NFL team

Nah, I'll just stick with cheering for my dad's team.
>>
>>63945176
>live in and around glen burnout

You are the shit of Anne Arundel county.
>>
>>63945224
>refuses to support shit teams

i'm a mets and islanders fan you retard
>>
>>63945271
For all I knew you could have started watching the Mets this season and I'm not homo enough to watch furpuck, sorry mate
>>
>>63944901
Try living in Florida. About 90% of Boston(Pats/Sawxs), NYY, LAL, DAL, and GB fans have never even been to or near the home states of those teams and the only games they see live are when that team comes here. And that 90% isn't even an exaggeration.
>>
>>63944901
>>Cheering for a professional sports team
>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""rooting """""""""""""""""""""""""""""",supporting"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""","""""""""""""""""""""""""""""",cheering"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" for grown men as they do their jobs
literal kekolds

>my team
ahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>63945313

i didnt m8 dont worry, been watching them my whole life. i know what suffering is
>>
>>63945238
Redskins fans are just as bad and I can smell that all over you.
>>
>>63945229
2.5 in 6
>no back to backs
>dynasty
canadian hockey knowledge
>>
>>63945360
Only thing you're smelling on me is the horeseradish from the roast beef sandwich your mom made me after I fucked her on your bed while you were working at the local gamestop
>>
>>63945340
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>63945516
>full kit wanker-tier, wearing another man's name on his back-tier, choking on all the dicks of the big black bucks he likes watching hug each other on sundays-tier homo
>redirecting me to lgbt
top keks
>>
File: bill-cowher.jpg (11 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
bill-cowher.jpg
11 KB, 180x180
>parents suck
>drop me off with grandma saturday
>she takes me to church early service next day
>makes me pancakes and tells me to be good and quiet while she watches football
>she is a diehard Steelers fan
>grew up in Penn
>do this every sunday
>learn that Bill Cowher derives superpowers from his mustache

Man, that was my childhood. I don't care if people think that makes me a bandwagoner. I will be damned if I root for any team but my Nana's, and if you don't like that you can suck a dick.
>>
File: moots bday.png (774 KB, 722x622) Image search: [Google]
moots bday.png
774 KB, 722x622
>>63944901
>>
Level of convenience to reach their stadium is not a good reason to root for a team.
>>
File: 9163148927_7c092524b4_o.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
9163148927_7c092524b4_o.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Consider this.

I was born in Van, so naturally I became an avid hockey and Canucks fan. We had a basketball team for a while but I never really cared for the sport. Actually, I hated the sport. I never really became a fan of basketball until I moved to Sacramento. I was forced to watch it because no more Canucks hockey, the only hockey on air was that of our division rivals (and fuck that noise). So I started watching the Sacramento Kings play and kinda fell in love with the sport and the team. It was this team that drew me to the sport, and for as long as i've enjoyed watching basketball i've been a Kings fan.

So in your eyes will I never be considered a true fan? Am I a casual and/or bandwagon jumper?
>>
You'd have to be a total drag of a person to start a thread like this tbH.
>>
>cheering for a sports team at all

it's not like you have any impact on their performance whatsoever, hell they don't even know you exist
>>
I agree OP

Patriots fans are the worst for this. Then Steelers, then packers, then cowboys.
>>
Just recently got into sports and cheer for the Kings, Redskins, and Marlins.

Suck my dick, faggot.
>>
File: 1349424774965.png (592 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1349424774965.png
592 KB, 640x480
>Seahawks fan.
>admittedly, only cared about football for about a year. (around the playoffs last season)
>lifelong Washington resident.
>all my friends and family have been Seahawks fans their entire lives.

I know, it's casual, but i don't care. I've never been interested in sports past grade school, so it's easier to follow the team I'll have an easier time talking to my friends about, good or bad. Maybe I'll find another team i enjoy more. I haven't signed the blood contract yet, so I'm okay to switch.
>>
>>63946115
For whatever reason rooting for shit teams is always acceptable. Not even Magellan would try to force shitty geographical fandom down your throat if you root for those guys.
>>
>anons on a Cantonese fishing tackle crafting forum tell me I'm not allowed to support a NFL team until one moves to London
>will probably have to pay fan tax too

Fuck.
>>
Fuck off, I'm more of a red sox fan than most fairweather faggots living in Boston
>>
File: 1400344124644.gif (930 KB, 200x133) Image search: [Google]
1400344124644.gif
930 KB, 200x133
>mfw Packer fan in Texas
>mfw I see this same autist make this same thread
>>
>>63945176
Why would you live in Glen Bernie? Are you a spic or white trash?
>>
>>63945058
>they are in college football land
College sports =/= Professional sports

born in nebraska and lived there all my life until just recently when I moved to denver , I always loved professional football over college shit
>>
>>63946079
Exactly, why live at all, everything is just pointless, right?
>>
>>63944901
TFW you can't be a heat fan cause your hometown basketball team was ruined by Latinos and lebum
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 747x442) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 747x442
>has a favorite college team
>not the college he went to
>didn't even go to college
>>
>>63949825
>your college team is absolute shit
>at least we are D1
>at least we are better than UCF
go owls
>>
I don't think there's anything wrong with bandwagoning a team, nor supporting a non-local one, as long as you never switch to another team.
>>
I was born in a city with all 4 big pro teams

I spent most of my life in a city with no pro sports

I sere no fucking reason why I shouldn't support the teams from my city of birth
>>
>Senators have only been around for 23 years
>Smack dab in the middle of the two biggest and oldest franchises in the NHL
>So many Leafs and Habs fans living in Ottawa
>Their kids become Leafs and Habs fan
>tfw home games against these teams are actually home games for the Leafs and Habs

SNES are suffering
>>
>>63945229
>One cup in a lockout shortened season
>2 cups in 6 years
>No back to back titles
>No title defensives EVER

That's not a dynasty in any sport
>>
>>63944971
>refuse to follow the jets because they suck

absolutely disgusting
>>
File: damn_negro.jpg (108 KB, 920x529) Image search: [Google]
damn_negro.jpg
108 KB, 920x529
>>63945504

>beef and horseradish sandwich
>>
File: sic-maine.jpg (16 KB, 280x325) Image search: [Google]
sic-maine.jpg
16 KB, 280x325
>>63944901
Fuck, man. Guess I can't watch professional sports.
>>
>>63946115
As a Miamian & someone who has seen the Marlins win in 97 & 03, I have to ask. Why on Earth would you root for them?
>>
>>63951059
Iowa fag here. I guess I'll just drop pro sports
>>
>>63944901
This is true. People who do this are basically animals.
>>
>choosing teams by location and not colors

Girls the lot of ya
>>
>>63946079
>Stadium noise has no impact whatsoever on Road teams

Eat shit Ahmed
>>
>>63949825
>Not supporting local state teams

>Only people who attended those schools should root for them

>Going to college at all and getting a useless piece of paper and thousands of dollars in debt
>>
>Born and raised in DFW metroplex my whole life
>people automatically assume all Cowboys fans are bandwagon
>they have been total shit for as long as I've had a sports consciousness
>still my favorite team

It is now a meme to say Cowboys fans are bandwagon. Even the huge wave of bandwagoners from the 90's have been loyal for 20 years of shit teams. Though I'm sure a lot have jumped to the Pats.
>>
>>63944901
I lived in the middle of nowhere so for a majority of my life, there is no local team to cheer on
>>
File: 1388360414044.gif (3 MB, 450x251) Image search: [Google]
1388360414044.gif
3 MB, 450x251
>Live in NJ
>Seahawks fan
>mfw the sheer butthurt of Jest and Gnats fans when I tell them

Tell me one reason why I should give a shit about supporting the "local" team.
>>
>all these triggered bandwagoners
kek
>>
no NFL team in Canada you stupido
>>
I am from LA and been a Falcons fan for the past 14 years. Win or lose, they are always my team. I'm probably a bigger fan than everyone in Atlanta since they are trash fans desu.
>>
>>63951282

>i'm an annoying douche
>people get annoyed at me
>>
>>63951059
>>63951124
it's called enjoying the game for the competition, skill and drama you simpleton fucks
>b-b-but which side am I s'posed to be on, precious!!(@!

Would you have to choose a certain character in a movie just to enjoy it? oh wait you do
>yfw you guys are the sports equivalent of fangirls #TEAMEDWARD xololz!
>>
>>63944901
>giving a fuck who cheers for who

You don't get out much, do you?
>>
>>63952910
Don't try making sense to people like that bro, they are just kids. Once OP gets a GF, he'll stop caring who others cheer for
>>
>>63952755
He's from jew york, it's not much of a surprise that he's an insufferable faggot
>>
>>63953157

i guarantee this guy LOVES golden state
>>
>born and raised in Cleveland area
>raised a pats fan

Can you honestly blame us?
>>
>>63950273
did you cry in 06? i did.
>>
Chelsea, man utd, man city, liverpool, arsenal fans
Most people love being plastic and jumping on bandwagons.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.