[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In a purely hypothetical scenario in that the Panthers lost the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (109 KB, 1280x696) Image search: [Google]
image.png
109 KB, 1280x696
In a purely hypothetical scenario in that the Panthers lost the last 5 games of the season, how could they not clinch a playoff spot at this point in the season?
>>
If atl won out, i think they would have the edge over you, and then if gb won out they would have a better record assuming Minnesota won the division.
>>
>Carolina lose out, finish 11-5
>Atlanta wins out, finishes 11-5, wins the division
>Green Bay/Minnesota win out, except for their h2h game, one finishes 12-4, the other 11-5
>Seattle wins out, finishes 11-5, wins the division over Arizona
>Arizona goes 2-3, losing to Green Bay, Minnesota and Seattle, finish 11-5
>Carolina, Arizona and Minnesota/Green Bay are tied for WC spots at 11-5
>based on a million tiebreakers Green Bay/Minnesota gets #5, Arizona gets #6, Carolina doesn't make the play offs
>>
>>63931921

Op here. Played this out in playoff machine. Only thing missing here was the h2h between Seattle and Minnesota in W13. Seattle needs to win this game, as well as following your plan.

Thanks for assists. Doesn't really matter in the end but still cool to know how everything could go wrong for Carolina.
>>
>>63931921
>>Seattle wins out, finishes 11-5, wins the division over Arizona

Don't get my hopes up anon.
>>
>>63931921
Interesting, but really that is another way of saying Carolina has essentially clenched a playoff spot.

Though I'd have guessed the head-to-head win against the Packers would keep Carolina ahead of them. Them tie-breakers get pretty arcane there...
>>
>>63931921
>Vikings need to win out
>Seattle needs to win out
>they play each other head to head

how does that work?
>>
>>63933758

If seattle beats vikings annd all else in that descroption happens, the Panthers are out.

If Vikings beat seattle, Panthers are in.

Now who wants to dive in and look at what happens with ties?
>>
>>63933915

>If seattle beats vikings annd all else in that descroption happens, the Panthers are out.

God I hope so.

It would be funny to watch all the butthurt on here if the Hawks made it to the bowl again. Even better if they won. I'm pretty certain /sp/ would explode with rage and anger.
>>
>>63933930
At this point, I want them to get in, beat the undefeated Panthers in the NFCCG, and then beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl

the anal devastation would be beyond belief
>>
>>63933915
Tie in any Greenbay game (including v. Vikings) leaves the Panthers outside looking in, tie in any other of those games(including Panthers games) puts the Panthers back in.
>>
File: blazing-saddles-depressed.jpg (16 KB, 274x201) Image search: [Google]
blazing-saddles-depressed.jpg
16 KB, 274x201
It's a Hell of a thing, you can go 11-0 and still not have clenched anything. I am depressed...
>>
>>63933951
>beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl

If this happened I could finally kill myself and end this suffering.
>>
Watching the cowbitches get horribly destroyed by the Panthers was better than every single piece of pie on Thanksgiving.
>>
>>63931883
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/upshot/2015-nfl-playoff-simulator.html?team=car#cle-bal-12=loss&det-gb-13=loss&min-sea-13=loss&stl-ari-13=loss&tb-atl-13=loss&no-car-13=win&ari-min-14=loss&bal-sea-14=loss&car-atl-14=loss&gb-dal-14=win&jax-atl-15=loss&min-chi-15=win&nyg-car-15=win&phi-ari-15=loss&oak-gb-15=loss&sea-cle-15=win&atl-car-16=win&min-nyg-16=win&ari-gb-16=loss&sea-stl-16=win&atl-no-17=win&car-tb-17=loss&ari-sea-17=loss
>>
if seattle and greenbay were tied with the panthers for a wildcard, im not when the head to head tie breaker is in effect, or whether conference record comes first, if the head to head comes first, then carolina owns the tie breakers against both
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.