[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wasn't going to post anything and just watch /sp/ roa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: boom.gif (782 KB, 500x217) Image search: [Google]
boom.gif
782 KB, 500x217
I wasn't going to post anything and just watch /sp/ roast in Deflatriot tears, but here are some facts to go with tonight's complaints, because I am sick of Pats fans being delusional.

1. "We got screwed by the refs."
>Evidence against the claim: Pats had 5 penaties for a total of 47 yards, and broncos had 6 penalties for a total of 46 yards. Virtually even calls.

2. "They ran off the clock when they weren't supposed to."
>Evidence against the claim: http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/7_Rule4_Game_Timing.pdf
Section 5, Article 4, Scenario D

>At the conclusion of an excess timeout taken while time is in, the game clock shall start with the ready-for-play signal.

3. "Our players are injured."
>Evidence against the claim: The Broncos were starting a QB who literally has had 1 game worth of experience and barely beat the Bears.

4. "It was the weather."
>Evidence against the claim: The New England Patriots have the best fumble/plays ran ratio in NFL history and play better in bad weather than dome teams do indoors. https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/?p=2932

Now can you assholes shut the fuck up and take the anal devastation you so rightfully deserve like men, rather than bitch and moan like the xeahawk fans you disposed of in the Owl?
>>
>Post filled with facts and cited claims
This doesn't belong on /sp/, it's all about the gut.
>>
>>63913653
You're probably right, they will most likely ignore this post and continue to squawk on about Brady being GOAT or some other drivel.
>>
You want a serious Pats fan to reply? Ok.

It sucks. I'm not gonna brush this off like "who gives a shit" but you're claiming that the Broncos playing Osweiler is equivalent to 6 Pats players being injured. This wasn't a Blowout victory. It was as close as any other game this season and I have respect for Osweiler and the Broncos for capitaizing on it.

Not to mention, now there's no mounting pressure to be absolutely perfect. Gronk's injury isn't serious, Edelman will be back in time for the playoffs, and Amendola only has a sprain.

It's a loss. /sp/ gets to sperg out for a few days and we move on.
>>
>>63913742
tbqh fampai, Peyton Manning is worth 6 of your other players. It would be like Brady being hurt for the game. But otherwise I agree.
>>
How the fuck is Osweiler over Peyton worth equal weight to every single Patriots offensive weapon except Brady? That's like 6 people to 1 person
>>
>>63913773
>That's like 6 people to 1 person
To 1 person that's actually a big upgrade over that corpse that they played at QB before
>>
>>63913773
Brady and Manning have the exact same passer rating in the regular season over both of their careers and a .5 difference in playoff passer rating. So it would be like the Pats losing Brady.

Point of reference:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career_playoffs.htm
>>
>>63913649

not a patsfag and don't give a shit when they win or lose, but your first point was so hilariously off point and irrelevant that i can assume you're dumb as shit.
>>
>>63913742
>pro bowler and HoFer Demarcus Ware out
>pro bowler and first ballot HoFer Peyton Manning out
>Pro Bowler Ryan Clady out since training camp
>Pro Bowler TJ Ward left in the 1st quarter, along with starting DT Sylvester Williams another O-lineman
This is the NFL. Injuries aren't a freak occurance, they're the norm.
>>
>>63913742
>Broncos missing starting QB, LT (and his backup), C, RG, RT, NT, SS & RE/ROLB
>Patriots missing starting WR1, WR2, WR3, RB2, TE, LT, C, SLB, WLB,
>>
>>63913814
>>63913815
Still doesn't change that it was a close game. OP acts like this was a 45 to 3 curbstomping and didn't go to OT.
>>
>>63913826
No, it doesn't. But it does change the injury argument.
>>
>>63913826
It really, really doesn't matter. The patriots lost. Did they get 55% of the Lombardi trophy because the super bowl was close? No. They won the game. That's what matters.
>>
>>63913649
Your first point is so stupid I literally had to reread it because I didn't think anyone can actually use an argument that dumb
>>
>>63913649
Bro, the "xehawks" fans are the patriot fans now. All the bitch ass bandwagoners switched teams after the last superbowl. I see people on campus wearing patriots snapback when i clearly remember them wearing fucking seahawks beanies last year.
Its just who is the most successful has the most bandwaggon fans. And these people suck.
>>
The injury trite is non-sense....

No one over talks about how during the Broncos loss to the Seahawks in the SuperBowl, literally the entire defense was almost back-ups. Roger-Cromartie was like the only starting DB....

Pats seem to think they have the monopoly on injuries....

Broncos had a backup essentially rookie QB and lost:
Ware
Manning
Ward
Mathis (essentialy)
Vasquez
Williams
Clady
Sambraillo

Our o-line is a patchwork of rookies and back-ups who wouldn't start anywhere in the NFL....

GTFO
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.