[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>soccer sucks, big teams always win >soccer sucks, how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
>soccer sucks, big teams always win
>soccer sucks, how come minnows can win by playing defensively?

is there a more semen slurping nation?
>>
File: semen slurping nation.png (5 KB, 160x94) Image search: [Google]
semen slurping nation.png
5 KB, 160x94
>>69500887
>is there a more semen slurping nation?

Yes
>>
>>69500887
Who cares spanishro. Just look at the names of their clubs...oh i'm sorry, i meant franchises. Just look at those names, like Pittsburgh Penguins LOL. There's not even penguins in USA. And look those crests, with those fonts and the colors, it looks alien to me.
Those franchises mean shit, they have no tradition, they change cities and even states whenever they feel like, pisisng all over their own supporters.
They don't care about supporters, they are only seen as customers which buy merchandising and popcorn at the stadium.
Sports in USA are a complete joke. At least those major leagues.
>>
https://youtu.be/2FYdfF4ZDm4
>>
>>69500887
They just don't give a crud.
>>
File: ok.png (92 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
92 KB, 500x375
>>69500948
>>69500887
>>
>>69500948
We're sorry that you have more tradition than us. We have teams that have been stationary for over a hundred years, where my grandfather's grandfather cheered for our local boreball club, but I guess we're just stupid, and not as good as the mighty Portuguese. We'll stop making all of this money as soon as we can, and give it all to you, because your teams deserve it more.
>>
>>69500887
I must say that football has a future in the US, but only if they understand that the league must not be managed like the others burgersports. Remove the fucking salary cap, let the teams be stacked as fuck and kill that fucking draft.
>>
File: 1355334008672.png (168 KB, 414x433) Image search: [Google]
1355334008672.png
168 KB, 414x433
>>69500887
>it's a semen slurper rebels against his US dad episode
>>
>>69501040

They only make money because of ad breaks every 2 minutes
>>
File: AGameofSemenSlurp.gif (439 KB, 276x208) Image search: [Google]
AGameofSemenSlurp.gif
439 KB, 276x208
>>69500887
>>soccer sucks, big teams always win
>>soccer sucks, how come minnows can win by playing defensively?

No one really uses that argument.

Soccer sucks because it just sucks.
>>
>>69501040
You were making a great point until
>Muh money
Why would that matter when talking about tradition
>>
>>69501200
Because making money is an American tradition. The New York Knickerbockers were a series of cash grabs that led to one of the most successful sports teams in history, known today as the Yankees. Sports in America are all about money, because that's how they started, and that's how they're maintained.

We also suffer from being a nomadic people. Population booms happened everywhere and at random times. Following economics trends. People who live in Dallas this week might live in New York tomorrow, and life moves on. The sports follow the money, just like our people have since the first mountaineers started their journey westward.

Sports in Europe are seemingly based on rivalries dating back hundreds of years, before your sports began, and perpetuated by continual conflict. Sure there's money involved now, but it's always been about pride and country. Your block is better than theirs.

Comparing the European and American sport markets is like comparing apples and oranges. They're both fruit, but they formed in entirely different environments, and its reflected in how they taste.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.