[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Eurocup final is a perfect example of why soccer will probably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2
File: 1395814818385.gif (3 MB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
1395814818385.gif
3 MB, 450x253
The Eurocup final is a perfect example of why soccer will probably never be popular in the US.

Not because it's soccer, bear with me here...

Imagine all the young kids who play soccer in the US.

Soccer is the most popular sport to play among kids aged 2-12.

Imagine all those kids being excited and watching this game with their dad, or uncle, or grandfather, who have probably never played or watched soccer in their lives.

The kid wants his family to watch it with him, to show them how fun it is.

The parents or father figures watch the players run around for 2 hours. They wait for something exciting to happen, because their kid is excited and they want to enjoy something their kid likes with them.

They realize nothing is happening, they don't understand why the score is 0-0 the whole time. They expect something to happen, but when it doesn't, they lose hope that the sport is something they could ever enjoy watching.

They start thinking "Sure it's a safe game to play, but my old man played and watched manly sports, I can't let my son get too into this semen-slurping"

So they gently prod the kid, as the score remains 0-0 after having watched 3 interesting moments in the last 90 minutes.

"Hey son, I think the cubs are playing right now"

The kid, seeing that a player is currently sitting down on the field resting while the game is still being played, sees his parent's dissapointment and boredom, and wanting to please them and be like them, begins to lose hope in the sport.

"Okay dad, yeah lets watch some baseball instead"

And thus, the kid no longer cares as much about soccer as he did before, and once he gets to high school, he switches sports to please his old man or family members or friends, and never plays or watches soccer again.

That is the story of soccer in America.
>>
>>69454342
but soccer is literally all they have though, i don't blame them. they grew up with it. their parents are fanatics about it and their parents' parents were too. it's a country pride thing i suppose since the major tournaments are country vs country.

it's just that they really have no other option.
>>
In sports, there are events (goals) and suspense (impact of an event).
Lots and lots of events (goals) in basketball. But the impact of an event is low. Unles you're in the final minutes one hoop usually means shit.

In soccer, one goal or the threat of a goal creates a lot of suspense. There can be suspense the entire match, without a goal being scored. And then penalties can decide everything. A fucking suspense fest.

Amerifags are soon voting for either trump, a complete buffoon, or clitnon, a completely corrupt lying cunt. What does it matter what people like you think about sports.
>>
>>69454342
You'll see higher scoring games at the amateur level. And baseball, where chewing gum to pass time is literally a part of the game?
>>
>>69455032
then why watch it at all. why not just watch the highlights instead of wasting your time? and your anger towards the greatest country in the world just proves your assblast. i can't believe you're actually defending 0-0 because of your inferiority complex towards America.
>>
>>69455274
>why watch sports at all
>>
>>69455032
>ISIS colony mocking other countries politics
>>
>>69455362
because most of them are not 90+ minutes of absolutely fuck all? are you not paying attention here, Pedro?
>>
The American solutions

>make the goal bigger

>make the ball smaller

>make the goalkeepers have a maximum height of 5 ft

>random penalties every five minutes
>>
>>69455461
You're retarded if you think that even a 0-0 game is "absolutely fuck-all". It wouldn't be the #1 sport in the world if that was the case.
>>
>>69455451
>Canadian ameriboo
Embarrassing
>>
>>69455585
but you're from the U.K.

your country actually cares about this semen slurping sport and is absolutely fucking terrible at it.
>>
Americans always watch international tournaments like casual plebs not realising they always produce the worst games.
>>
>>69454342
Didn't read lol
>>
>>69455607
because it requires just a ball? name me another sport that requires less than a ball. go a head. your 3rd world home country and most of the other countries made it popular because of its financial accessibility.
>>
>>69455677

so? not everyone watches sports just to cheer their country.

oh wait. you do. that explains why you can't enjoy the game.
>>
>>69454342
I am pretty sure a 0-0 FOOTBALL game is much more fun than a heated baseball match

At least in football something happens, in baseball you sit ducks waiting for the batter to get a single base.
>>
>>69455585
You forgot the Ads every 5 minutes
>>
>>69455607
its #1 in the world because 90% of the world is dirt poor and cant afford to care about anything else
>>
>>69455829
>it-it's not like a wanted to win or anything!!
>>
>>69455032

t. momhammed bin al baghdadi
>>
>>69454342
>baseball
>exciting
Pick one
>>
File: sp.png (48 KB, 464x602) Image search: [Google]
sp.png
48 KB, 464x602
>>69454342

>le le le le
>>
>>69455894
not OP but fuck baseball. i'd rather watch this 0-0 shitfest of primadonnas flopping and taking 10 minutes of covering their face and acting hurt.
>>
>>69455802
Basketball?
Handegg?
The two most popular sports in your fucking country?
>Being this fucking stupid
>>
>>69454342
>lets watch baseball instead

you gotta be joking.

Anyways, I like the pat where americans will come in here and make these threads about soccer never being popular in the states (lets keep it funky, it wont be popular due to the lack of commercial breaks) like the rest of the world cares. Soccer is gaining popularity and its growing at a steady rate, but the rest of the world won't lose any sleep if america doesn't like soccer. It'd be just more bantz to throw at deluded americans their american only sports.

>american football world champions

LOL
>>
>>69454342

Nobody cares about your shitty nigger country m8
>>
>>69456241
>basketball
a basketball hoop, are you fucking retarded?

>handegg
gear unless you want to fucking play retarded tag?

are you fucking stupid you fucking leaf. i actually had respect for you until i came to /sp/.
>>
Why do Americans always have to ruin this board?

Can they go somewhere else? Like another fucking site maybe? Just fuck off fatlards
>>
>>69455802
Baseball requires a ball and a stick. And even then, cricket is #2 in the world.
Niggerball is arguably hard without a proper hoop.
(American) Football also needs just a ball, you troglodyte. Unless you play pickup games at the park with field goals too
>>
>>69456241
This is probably the dumbest post on this site right now. It's not even a shitpost. Just plain wrong.
>>
>>69454342
>The Eurocup final is a perfect example of why soccer will probably never be popular in the US.
This and all the blatant refballing
>>
>>69456402
Do you wear shoulder pads and helmets when you play hand-egg at the park?
>>
>>69456162
Best description of every yank sport desu
>>
>>69456406
Shouldn't you be off slurping some of our American shipped semen?

Or are you out of rations?
>>
>>69456402
>he comes to /sp/ and derives his personal opinion from posts of strangers with different flags FROM A FUCKING ORIGAMI MANUAL CONSTRUCTION MAKING PLATER BOARD

what an idiot
>>
>>69454342

No-one cares
>>
>>69456402
Ignores the soccer nets needed, and the gear needed
I bring up basketball and handegg
>But muh basketball net and my handegg gear
Fuck off dumbass. Might want to off yourself soon
>>
>>69456596
>implying /sp/ plays sports
>>
>>69456465
>baseball
irrelevant made popular by "old past-times"

>basketball
contradicted yourself

>football
yeah that's why they stopped wearing protection in the NFL. you sure got me, Pedro.
>>
>>69456596
we're talking about the highest tier leagues you fucking mexican't.

>>69456682
yeah i can tell i got you mad.
>>
>>69456402
>American football
The Faggots way to play rugby, m8
>>
get your kids to play soccer instead of watching, then they'll want to know more about
The fact is that's better playing than watching it
>>
baseballs for rednecks anyone over the age of 40
>>
>>69454342
>baseball
>Not semen slurping
Pick one
>>
>>69456406
I'd rather have Americans than cancerous tsu posters.
>>
>>69456661
If you're a cute trap I'll drink your freedom semen, bae
>>
>>69456832
His argument is trash
>I got you mad I can tell tee hee
>>
>>69455894
Parking the bus isn't possible in baseball. Whether you consider it boring or not, you must acknowledge that there is no easy way out for a winning team. They MUST face the batters like men, and get 36 outs and make it out alive.
>>
>>69454342
>baseball
>sport
Pick one
>>
>>69457356
>Portugal is winning

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>69456832
>name me another sport that requires less than a ball
We did. FIFA soccer also requires more than a ball, just like NFL or NAACPball. American football and baseball are just as feasible to play as soccer is for third-world kids.
>>
>>69457726
>alive
Thats cute
>>
>>69456682
>Ignores the soccer nets needed, and the gear needed
You can argue that the other poster said "requires just a ball". But football nets can be literally anything. Shirts, shoes, socks, soda cans, bits of fucking twigs, a wall. All you literally need is a ball. This is why 3rd world shitholes like Brazil live off this sport.
>>
>>69457888
Kill yourself.
>>
>>69456832
>initial argument was that soccer was popular around the world because it was the only thing the average joe in a third world country could afford
>we're talking about the highest tier leagues you fucking mexican't.
Yeah, sure we were.
Not mentioning that higher tier soccer leagues have clubs with budgets in the 6 digits
>>
>>69458618
>Leafy is triggered
TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
I did not read the op but im losing faith in this semen slurping sport
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.