[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would CFL be more popular if they adopted NFL rules?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Canada.jpg (399 KB, 1501x1707) Image search: [Google]
Canada.jpg
399 KB, 1501x1707
Would CFL be more popular if they adopted NFL rules?
>>
I'm watching the game on ESPN2 but I don't know the rules; I wanna watch the game without looking up the rules to see if they announcers are willing to spoonfeed all the rules to me
>>
>>68882451
Same here. I've never watched a CFL game before but I needed my sports fix
>>
>>68882451
>3 downs
>12 men on field
>lineman line up 1 yard away
>because of this most teams like to run the qb sneak on 3rd and 1 or run the ball
>receivers and backs can motion anywhere behind the line of scrimmage before the snap
>punting team has to give the kick returner 5 yards on a punt or kick off, or it's a no yards penalty, which is a 5 yard penalty if it bounces or 15 if he catches it
>a 'rouge' is worth one point and awards the punting team if the ball goes through endzone or if there's no return in the endzone
>any player can kick the ball anywhere
>only need 1 foot in bounds to have posession
>3 minute warning
>last year they let teams challenge pass interference calls/missed calls, this year teams can challenge offensive pi, illegal contact on pass plays, roughing the passer/kicker, and interference on kick return receptions

there's also other clock rules but i'm too lazy to explain them
>>
>>68885173
You forgot the obvious

>field is 110 yards long
>>
>>68882387
Probably wouldn't change any much in all.

Fun fact, Baltimore wok the grey cup in the mid 90s during an American expansion.

I feel an American expansion this time around could work,if we adopted NFL rules
>>
>>68885188
and endzones are 20 yards deep
>>
>>68885173
Some of those rules seem silly, but others seem more "well shit, they should adopt that in the nfl"
>>
>>68885208
And the goal posts are right on the goal line like the NFL used to have

Question: I've always heard that Canadian football might even be more popular than hockey in one western province, but I can't remember whether it's Saskatchewan, Alberta, or Manitoba. Which is it?

I'm thinking it's Alberta since I've also heard the expression "He's not Canadian; he's from Alberta"
>>
>>68885442
Saskatchewan, and I believe it.
>>
>>68882387
it would be more popular if it wasn't played in Canada.
>>
>>68885442
Definitely Saskatchewan, prob the most dedicated fans in the CFL but also the most hated
>>
File: EsvDkVu.png (585 KB, 445x518) Image search: [Google]
EsvDkVu.png
585 KB, 445x518
the CFL should just be the minor leagues for the NFL with affiliations and shit.

If you qb is sucking ass send him to winnipeg
>>
File: 17isjjv1qar4bjpg[1].jpg (40 KB, 636x424) Image search: [Google]
17isjjv1qar4bjpg[1].jpg
40 KB, 636x424
This is now a /cfl/ general

Is he still elite bros?
>>
>>68885560
Was he ever? All I remember is how many times he fucked up and cost the stamps a bunch of grey cups.
>>
>>68885508

>tfw i live in winnipeg
>>
I hope not. I like canadian rules way more. Makes for a more exciting game. NFL bores me (but that might be because of the commercials and irrelevant slow motion replays)
>>
>>68882387
If they expanded to 24 or so teams and got rid of the shitty ass jerseys it would be a lot better
>>
>>68882387
Only if they adopted NFL rules AND joined the NFL.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.