[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why won't the pain go away? All I wanted was a championship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: bay area sports.png (241 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
bay area sports.png
241 KB, 400x400
Why won't the pain go away?

All I wanted was a championship this year. Most people around here don't even give a shit anymore
>>
>Warriors

Got raped at home in the finals

>Sharks

Got raped at home in the finals

>49ers

Hot shit

>Raiders

Moving to Vegas

>Giants

Probably get raped by the Dodgers by the end of the season or will lose at home in the LDS, LCS, WS

>A's

Probably moving to Portland
>>
Wah wah. Quit bitching. Being a Bay Area sports fan means dealing with this shit between periods of being laughably bad. I've witnessed the following championship choke jobs:

>A's in both 1988 and 1990.
>Giants and Raiders in 2002.
>49ers in 2012.
>Warriors and Sharks in 2016.

Be thankful you've gotten to see some good shit too. 49ers owned the 80s. Giants have been owning this decade. Warriors broke a 40 year drought last year. Most sports towns don't even get that much.
>>
being an LA sports fan is great though

Lakers 16
Bay Area 16
>>
>>68806396
Yeah but when will we get our own glorious decade?

Cleveland is going though a sports renaissance. We need that because what else do we have aside from sports?
>>
lmao you literally had a championship last year

just be thankful you dont have to sit through a 5 decade drought
>>
>>68810816
There was literally a 16 year drought between championships here (1994-2010)
>>
>>68804024

>A's
>to Portland

Might as well, with all the Bay Area Califags moving here.
>>
>>68810548
We're having it right now. Maybe you should have picked the Giants instead of the A's.
>>
>>68814125
thats only one sport though
>>
>>68803763
Are Bay Area sports fans this spoiled?
>>
>>68817078
Sadly, yes. There are a lot of fairweather casual fans here. Sports aren't really a huge deal in California the way they are in other parts of the country. Most people only care when the team is doing well and it's a trendy thing to be interested in. The die-hard fans are the same as they are everywhere else though.
>>
File: dodgers derriere.png (680 KB, 408x576) Image search: [Google]
dodgers derriere.png
680 KB, 408x576
LA sports fan here. The lakers are cloppers have been garbage for 7 years. The kings choked and were a first round exit.

The dodgers have a coon manager
>>
>>68817078
>spoiled

Uhh you make it sound like the Bay Area has successful teams

Arguably Dallas and Houston are more successful and they don't combine more than 1 city into their sphere
>>
>>68817396
texas has been just as successful as the bay,
dallas/houston have 2 rings the last 15 years the giants have 3 warriors one so thats something cant be too bad here in the bay with atleast 2 of our teams making the playoffs every year
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.