[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if they adopted technology to call games there would be no need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Baseball.svg.png (667 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Baseball.svg.png
667 KB, 2000x2000
if they adopted technology to call games there would be no need for refs. it would be the first perfect sport. discos
>>
it'd still be baseball, so I don't think so
>>
>>68756984
They need to add a pitch clock. Also it's ridiculous that they have a 162 game season. I got things to do and places to be. I can't be spending 500 hours a year watching baseball. That's 12 FULL WORK WEEKS.
>>
>>68756984

they could make the technology for a strikezone in a matter of hours, we obviously have the technology

the problem is, old fuddy duddies think removing some easily-angered sexually-deprived pussy calling the balls and strikes from behind home plate would take away from the game

therefore, we still have the "subjective strikezone" and shit calls that can easily decide important games.

however, there's really no substitution for the calls the umps make regarding rules. But we also have replay, which makes up for the shit calls, albeit increasing the game time.
>>
>>68757076

Same guy here. I have an idea.

I do think they should make the technology for a strikezone - a standardized zone that doesn't change and detects balls and strikes.

But the thing is, the ump still always has to be behind home plate to call the slides to home and foul balls and plays and stuff.

So here's what you do to appease the old fuddy duddies and not angering the sexually-deprived pussies: have the ump attach a buzzer to his wrist or somewhere on his body that buzzes when it's a strike, and nothing when it's a ball. That way, the umps can still punch people out and do the hand signals for balls and strikes, but the technology is still making sure that it's actually a ball or strike to remove the human error
>>
>5'11" manlet has the same strike zone as a 6'5" demigod

Piss away
>>
>>68756984
fuck off syrupnigger, you can already review plays that's enough. how about you win a world series in this century before you start telling us how to play our game.
>>
>>68757216

All you need is some guy behind a computer to punch in a player's official height and the strikezone will automatically adjust. Strikezones for different heights will already be established pre-game.

Refs will still call balls and strikes, but they will be informed via buzzer whether it was actually a ball or strike. You need someone to inform the pitcher and the players/spectators anyway, it may as well be the ump
>>
>>68757292
i- i'm from NYC though. i am you
>>
File: delusion.jpg (102 KB, 500x704) Image search: [Google]
delusion.jpg
102 KB, 500x704
>>68757323
no you're not you skipped town for free health care because your pussy ass can't handle a little bone cancer. i will enjoy watching the snow birds get knocked out of the playoffs by the inevitable champions again.
>>
>>68757065
you dont have to watch every game senpai
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.