[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the land of ice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (104 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
104 KB, 1920x1080
>the land of ice
>>
>Greenland
>is actually white
>>
Best advice, learn your instrument of choice and then get an organ. Best thing I ever did after playing guitar for 20 years, after attending Musicians Institute in 1984. The organ opens your ears to harmony and is a relatively simple instrument to play. It also demands you read 3 lines of music at once, but easy after you learn the pedals. I recommend a vacuum tube CONN ORGAN 1953-1965 full size console with a 32 pedal ( AGO) Standard concave clavier ( pedal board) model organ and the CONN 800-825 CLASSIC models fit this description. The 700 series, 700-720 are the CONN ARTISTS, where the 720 is the last model of these vacuum tube consoles. All have 25 pedals except the 720, which has 32 pedals. Contrary to popular belief vacuum tube organs are far more reliable, in that the tubes get very little abuse, like what they'd get in a guitar amp or HIFI gear. The CLASSIC has over 90 tubes in it ( each DUAL-TRIODE tube handles 2 notes, and EACH NOTE of 8' pitch has it's very own independent oscillator, the 16', 4', 2 2/3' all deriving from the same oscillators shifted over in the wiring, and the 1 3/5' uses another bank of oscillators). So why a CONN instead of, say, a Hammond tone wheel organ? As a music major, and I presume music lover ( and music lovers love it all, right...if it's good) the fact that the CONN represents the 4 families of tone accurately instead of merely approximating the timbre alone, the way Hammond organs do ( all sine waves in a Hammond, and the draw bars 'build voices'. ironically most players throw a Leslie rotary speaker on their Hammond and right out the window goes the 4 families of (1/?)
>>
>>68485230

tone...basically you end up with 'bitchin' "Hammond Sound man!", which is beautiful in it's own right, but so much voice building in an orchestral sense is lost. However, if you nix the Leslie for at least a couple years you can master a Hammond draw bars the way they did it for the 5 years between 1936 and 1941 between when the Hammond was introduced and the Leslie speaker was introduced. Many think that Laurens Hammond was a jerk for not putting Leslie switching on his organs, but I think he just felt adamant about the true nature of tone building with draw bars. I recall vividly the month or so after I detached the Leslie 122 speaker from my Hammond A100 ( a B3 with speakers built in, for the home as it were), and I took it to my rehearsal space to use in my band on my Hammond M3. Yes, it took a month or so of playing the A100 using only it's built in VIBRATO/CHORUS generator and no Leslie. To my amazement I entered a whole new world of tone building that I simply couldn't get with a Leslie speaker spinning away. And it wasn't just fuddy duddy music either. I could play standards, classical, marches, waltzes, Bossa Nova...you name it. Which brings me back to the Conn. The Conn just does it better, but the Hammond also is great. I've posted several CONN organ records non my channel ( the JOHN GART, PAUL MICKELSON, and JOHN WINTERS are all CONN CLASSIC 800-825 playing, and yes even though the John Winters album says it's a Wurlitzer, it's not, it's the Conn).
If you listen to JESSE CRAWFORD REMEMBERING album you'll hear a Hammond ( probably a B3) in the most beautiful light. Then listen to Walter Wanderley -Cheganca . Same organ, just played different, with a mastery of the thing that made the Hammond B3 the great organ it is KEY PERCUSSION. (2/?)
>>
>>68485230
>>68485238

When you strike a key on the upper manual the 2' or 4' draw bar is introduced at the beginning and drops off either fast or slow depending on the setting. This adds a percussive effect to the notes. It's called 'touch percussion' because only the first held note ( or notes in unison) get the percussion until all the fingers are listed off the keys and another key struck. This gives the player an amazing amount of dynamic control while playing.
My 58' CONN 815 CLASSIC has an add-on key percussion which is also touch percussion as well as Repeat-Percussion for marimba and xylophone effects. Pete Townshend used a LOWREY organ with percussion for Bobba O'riley ( spelling?) and Won't Get Fooled Again. The LOWREY DSO/DSO-1 HERITAGE is amazing as well. It is an all tube organ. Check out RORY MORE videos. Rory made a very awesome album too, very underrated! (2/4)
>>
>>68485230
>>68485238
>>68485253

Finally, if you ever come across a Wurlitzer electrostatic reed organ grab it! These are the only other electromechanical organ besides Hammond. They are electrostatic. You can read all about the Hammond and Wurlitzer electromechanical organs on the NORTH SUBURBAN HAMMOND ORGAN SOCIETY. Google- NSHOS WURLI 4600. Also watch video- Legendary Theater Organists and go to 40 minutes in for the Hammond demo. - Peace
>>
File: 1454708436515.jpg (4 KB, 200x225) Image search: [Google]
1454708436515.jpg
4 KB, 200x225
>land of ice
>has no ice.
>>
>uses a tripcode
>on an anonymous image board
>>
File: Trip fag is bad.png (139 KB, 1125x681) Image search: [Google]
Trip fag is bad.png
139 KB, 1125x681
>>68485211

> The tierra del Cristiano

>>68485270

Tripfagging is bad, and you should feel bad
>>
>>68485384
Being triggered is bad and you should feel bad.
>>
>>68485407
get AIDS
>>
>>68485458
he can't get AIDS twice
>>
>>68485458
how's that lovely Mohammed dick taste?
>>
>>68485538

T. Paco Taquito de la taqueria de Pakito
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.