[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OFFICIAL NCAA LACROSSE CHAMPIONSHIP GAMETHREAD UNC VS MARYLAND #1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: ncaafinals2016.jpg (43 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ncaafinals2016.jpg
43 KB, 640x360
UNC up early 3-0

Anybody watching on /sp/?
>>
I play Varisty lacrosse. Anyone can give me tips to get better, other than wall balling?
>>
>>67981106
Sure thing bud. I coach at a university.

its all about the way you pass and catch. college level lacrosse the passes move 80-90mph. Practice cracking the ball as hard as you can in passes and learn to catch really hard passes. Challenge yourself in wall ball, try to do 100 consecutive wall balls without dropping it in under 2-3 mins.

Hit the weight room, do lots of sprinting. Athleticism is difficult to teach but a total game changer in lax. Top tier athlete + top tier stick skills = great player.

Focus on your lax IQ. watch as many games and youtube videos as you can. learn to see things develop 2-3 passes ahead of whats gonna happen. Anybody can be a threat when they have the ball but its what you do when you don't have the ball that makes you truly dangerous. What position do you play?
>>
I guess nobody is watching. ;-;
>>
>>67981066
Coedrape is not a sport.
>>
>>67981416
no one cares about trustfundstick. there are far better bat and ball field sports
>>
>>67981436
>coedrape
watch Fantastic Lies then revisit this topic.

>>67981450
>implying boresball is better than lacrosse
>>
>>67981573
I'm not talking about baseball.
>>
>>67981596
Hurling? (I am literally vomiting)
>>
>>67981245
Thanks, any tips on shooting, getting ground balls, and stuff like that?
>>
>trustfundstick
>>
>>67981573
watch your sister or mother have a man force his penis inside her against her permission, then revisit this topic.
>>
File: image.png (154 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
image.png
154 KB, 557x605
>>67981066

>I watch trsutfundstick
>I watch Chad chaddington: the sport

Fucking kek kills yourselfs
>>
>>67981938
Absolutely. GBs are all about who wants it more and the lowest man wins. you gotta be willing to dip your hips and drive through the ball. If the guy is ahead of you throw lift checks to mess him up. Shooting is all about reps, take a bucket of balls and find a net or a wall and just rip as much as possible. focus on getting full hip rotation, your shots should be full body not just swinging the arms.

But again, focus on learning to crank the ball around. good shooters can rip it, but the best shooters are guys who can get open by the crease, catch the ball and place it in the opposite corner of the goalie. Even the worst goalies at the varsity level can make a 25 yard save even at 90mph. But the best goalies in the country can't stop you 1v1 with good fakes and placement. Finishing and scoring goals is not about being a stud shooter, its about being a stud at getting your hands free and getting the ball exactly where you want.
>>
>>67981980
>>67982048

lacrosse appeals to me for the same reasons basketball and hockey appeal to me. similar strategies, similar movements, but different.

>>67981994
what are you even talking about?
>>
Its 10-10 with 2 mins left in the 3rd if anyone cares.
>>
that was a savage cross check desu
>>
>>67982588
my dude 99 is just a penalty waiting to happen farn
>>
Tar heels tie it up 13 - 13 with 3 mins left
>>
down to the wire 13-13; 1 min left
>>
Hey guys i want to get into lacrosse but i dont have a trust fund, can i still play?
>>
dead ball foul on NC, Maryland possesses with 3.9 secs to go. still 13-13, NC a man down
>>
UNC wins on the man up wheel skip and rip. Those 2 door step saves were some of the best goaltending I have ever seen.
>>
>>67983287
No. Sports Authority is going out of business. You can literally buy a stick for 10 bucks, helmet for 30, pads for 10-15 each.
>>
>>67983535
right, but will i be shunned by the chads with rich parents?
>>
>people complaining about lacrosse

what, too many white players so your wife's son won't let you watch it in the cuckshed while you're rubbing his feet?
>>
Glad UNC won
how are you going to make that call with 4sec left in a tie game for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP? Refs always love to make it about them
plus Im a SU fan and I'm never rooting for Maryland after 2011
>>
>>67983581
No. That is just a meme anyway. Unless you live in Fairfield County in CT the whole rich kids playing lax thing is just a stereotype. There are plenty of poor black kids and hispanics who play lax.

>>67983620
I am a Panthers fan and Clemson fan but since no Clemson lax I will take UNC women and men both winning the nationals...
>>
>dont worry anon, your team will loose the superbowl and the basketball national championship, but win the lax championship.

fuck MY LIFEEEEEEEE
>>
>>67983740
don't forget the women's lax national championship too ;)
>>
>>67983598
Former cuck lacrosse player detected
>>
Tbh it would have been better for the sport if Maryland won
It'd push the B1G into lacrosse even more
>>
>>67983788
found the tumblr feminist numale
>>
>>67983788
current faggot wife's son cuck detected.
>>
>>67983799
You think so? Maryland was the #1 team in the country, I think they will be back and have a chance to avenge their loss next season.

Yale and Brown are also big contenders...
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.