[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Football an Acquired Taste?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: football.jpg (303 KB, 1150x1050) Image search: [Google]
football.jpg
303 KB, 1150x1050
I've only watched a full football game once in my life. I usually think it's boring. I don't like how often the clock stops. If they'd just let it run it would be fine. I'm really weird in America. Everyone watches football but me.
>>
It's not my thing, either. I don't like the constant pauses, play the whole fucking thing or don't bother at all.
>>
>>63556006

that would ruin the premise of the game that makes it unique. The players are allowed to go 100% in each play due to the constant stops. If the game would be continuous, players would have to account for that and they would have to conserve energy which means there would never go 100% (and the beginning for conservation and the end cause of lack of energy). Without the constant breaks there wouldn't be 25+mph runs which would make plays less intense. Intensity is what makes Gridiron exciting. Strategical adjusment is what makes it stimulating.
>>
>>63556238
Maybe, but I think it's really boring to watch. Rugby is where it's at.
>>
>>63556238

they* at*
>>
>>63555857
you're just a faggot turn in your visa and go back to bongland
>>
>>63556257

For me is the other way around. Games like Rugby, Soccer and Basketball and too monotonous. Basktball at least picks up in intensity in the 4th quarter.
>>
>>63556006
>>63555857

Contrary to pleb belief, football is about playcalling and assignments than constant play. If you want constant running, watch divegrass or rugby. Turning football into not-football will not make football better.
>>
>>63556314

are*
>>
>>63556319
This. The clock stoppages are just a necessity for the maybe most important dimension of the game. Adds suspense desu
The real problem with football is that everyone ends up retarded after their career from concussions.
>>
>>63555857

I think Baseball is the most difficult game to aquire a taste for. However, the tension of each play increases after each pitch. People rarely acknowledge how perfectly designed Baseball is. It's designed to make the tension build with every play.

>bottom of the inning, tied game, 2 outs on the board
>1st pitch: strike
>2nd: ball
>3rd: foul (2nd strike)
>4th: 2nd ball
>5th: foul
>6th: 3rd ball
>(3-2)
>7th:....
>it's a hit
>it's got some air
>straight down the middle
>and... it's... ....
Whether it's an out or a homerun. It doesn't matter. It's all about the build up.
>>
baseball requires more taste
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.