[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here Autistic and proud?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: pic.jpg (118 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
118 KB, 500x354
Who here Autistic and proud?
>>
File: 1430102608754.jpg (165 KB, 510x369) Image search: [Google]
1430102608754.jpg
165 KB, 510x369
>A/S/L
28/M/DC
>Sexual Orientation
straight
>Relationship Status
happily married
>Text / Mic / Cam
Mic or Cam as I am trying to overcome my social anxiety
>MBTI Type
ISTJ
>Favorite Music
Indie, Surf, Shoegaze, Rockabilly, Goth, Punk. I like anything from Burger Records.
>Favorite Movies
Grand Budapest Hotel, Sunshine, Moonrise Kingdom. Anything Wes Anderson :/
>Favorite TV Shows
Live:Game of thrones, Marco Polo, 30 Rock, Office, Parks and Rec
Anime: Log Horizon, Samurai Champloo, Bakemonogatari
>Favorite Books
Vonnegut, Sedaris, Poe, Lovecraft
>Favorite Vidya
Half Life Series, Ni No Kuni,
>Interests
going to shows, museum hopping, foodie, walking around with some music. Anime cons
>What boards do you use?
/ck/ /fa/ /fit/ /gif/ /f/ /soc/
>Are you a NEET?
no
>What languages do you speak?
English
>What are you looking for?
looking to better my conversational skills, annunciation, and dialogue structures with someone interesting.
>What are you not looking for?
creeps, meeting up, other sources of contact
>Contact Info
himynameiskevin0
>>
>>23725867
You mean Asperger? I have a diagnosis and would be interested in talking with others.

21 M Germany
>>
>>23726024
At least here in the US. Aspergers is now considered to be under the Autism Spectrum, and it is now classified as high functioning Autism.
>>
>tfw too dum for autism xD
>>
>>23726968
What's the deal with you spamming this guys picture on every thread?
>>
>>23726083
>as high functioning
Im curious, what means "high functioning"?
>>
>>23727638
high functioning is like this, on one end of the spectrum you have socially awkward but usually smarter than the average person. on the other end you have unable to communicate using words and basically full blown "retarded" and then u got everything in between
>>
i dont see how autism can be something to be proud of

i see it more as a hinder in day-to-day life and social activities and causes anxiety and depression as a result

(anecdotal)
>>
>>23727638
Basically it's one step above the type of autism where you make noises, smack yourself on the head and wear diapers.

Chris Chan is a high functioning autistic. Let that be your reference.
>>
>>23729178
>usually smarter than the average person

That completely depends on how you define "smart." Some autists have an increased capacity for math and memorization, but that's not always the case, and only a small part of overall intelligence.
>>
>>23727638

often high-functioning autism is displayed as being very proficient and interested in a specific subject (see stuff like molecular constructs or mathematics) and aren't as good with other subject. See either a lack of interest or just unable to properly understand the subject (language for example)
>>
>>23729464
What if I'm particularly good with languages, writing and creative stuff
My psychiatrist when asked said that I exhibit some asperger traits but they probably are due to my personality + OCD
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.