[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get over a girl I like, soc? >cant date her >cant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 1279232446465.jpg (60 KB, 693x667) Image search: [Google]
1279232446465.jpg
60 KB, 693x667
How do I get over a girl I like, soc?

>cant date her
>cant be her friend
>cant pry myself away from her

Please someone fucking kill me. I care more about this girl than anything else. She's got my heart and soul and thoughts in the palm of her hand and I want to fucking die.
>>
Dude, like, I couldn't get away from this girl I dated for almost 3 fuckin years. It took me literally another two and a half years to get over her.

What I did:
>Got back into seriously grungy music
>Hated everything, smoked pot regularly
>Did self-destructive things like parkour, bouldering
>Played a shitload of video games
>Destroyed stuff like TV's and phones

What I did that actually helped:
>Meditated
>Took long, exhausting walks
>Exercised (DO YOU EVEN LIFT, BRO?)
>Wrote about my thoughts and kept a journal
>Continually repeated a mantra that helped me cope

Also, I accepted that it was okay to still love my ex and think of all the great things we did together. What did not help was to think about all that we couldn't do together any more. So instead I accepted it was okay to feel remorse for our break-up.

The same thing worked for relationships that could not happen. I really liked a girl who was also my co-worker, and my employer frowned upon co-worker hook ups. I was threatened by my supervisor that I would be fired if I continued a "relationship" with this girl. It seriously broke both of our hearts that I was a dumbass and chose work instead (gotta make the money, bro.)
>>
>>23675505
post a pic of her, then I'll tell you what kind of person she is and how you should handle this scenario.
>>
find new girl to like

it's really the best idea

yw for this #protip
>>
File: manly_tears.jpg (26 KB, 616x474) Image search: [Google]
manly_tears.jpg
26 KB, 616x474
>>23675505
You don't. You'll move away from each other eventually, because life and shit, but she'll always be with you.
You'll find another girl, fall in love, get involved in a serious relationship, but she'll still be with you. You'll never mention her to anyone, you'll think about her less and less eventually, but she'll still be with you. By then you'll have moved on with your life, and she'll have done the same with hers. You'll wonder if she thinks about you from time to time, you'll try to convince yourself that she actually might, but you'll never know.
In the distant future you'll still think about her every once in a while, and you'll find that it won't hurt anymore, it'll be some warm feeling. You won't think about what ifs and what could have been. You'll know that it wasn't, and you'll know that it's ok, you'll be happy and you'll hope she is too.

Along the way, you'll want to google her. Don't, it sucks.
>>
>>23675505
Same here. And can't fall for anyone new/befriend them because I'll either be sad or same pattern.

There is no treatment/cure, even if you never dated, or even saw each other in person.
>>
you'll get over your oneitis eventually

subsequent incidents of oneitis will be shorter and shorter until you become loveless jaded husk only vaguely similar in form to a human
>>
>>23675543
>>23676449

I'm in some kinda same shitty situation here, thanks for the damn good advice.
>>
>>23676796
le sigh and it sucks
i want a oneitis....

fuck robots. they're all willingly ugly and fat and/or bastard kid having sluts who love the d but are guilt tripping whores with sloppy ruined mombods anyway.
>>
File: options.jpg (6 KB, 316x159) Image search: [Google]
options.jpg
6 KB, 316x159
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.