[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /soc/? Depression/mental illness thread? A few weeks ago
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: depression.jpg (32 KB, 748x423) Image search: [Google]
depression.jpg
32 KB, 748x423
Sup /soc/?
Depression/mental illness thread?

A few weeks ago I started a thread like this and talked about maybe going to see my doctor.
So I went, he was really nice about it and after a blood test and a multi choice questionnaire I saw him this morning and he offered me drugs or a councilor. As my last experience of a councilor was a bit shit, I got some Citalopram.
Gonna take my first dose now.
I know I shouldn't expect immediate results. Hopefully I'll be a little more cheerful for a few days just from knowing I'm finally maybe doing something.

Anyone else on Citalopram and had any effect, good or bad?
General share your experiences?
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 540x960
>>
>>23640083

Citalopram is relatively harmless. As long as you don't decide to completely lay off of it on your own, you're fine. You need to slowly phase it out once you're better. But no worries, it's not addicting in the traditional sense.

----

Myself, I'm struggling with a major bout of depression right now. The German language has a beautiful word for it: "Lebensmüde". It directly translates to "tired of life".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suicidal. I just... don't find joy in life anymore. If I wouldn't wake up tomorrow, I wouldn't mind. Everything just feels utterly bleak and joyless. Like a grey shade that covers everything.

This noon, I lay in bed for two hours or so and couldn't move or even open my eyes. I wasn't asleep, I was just... completely unable to move or think. I just saw blackness, my mind was (mostly) void and my whole body felt like made from lead, even my eyelids.
>>
>>23640083
>I know I shouldn't expect immediate results. Hopefully I'll be a little more cheerful for a few days just from knowing I'm finally maybe doing something.

When I started taking prozac (for depression+anxiety) I got that immediate boost just from trying to fix my problems. Maybe you can use that to start exercising or whatever, doing something that makes you happy

First came like 4 weeks of a bunch of side effects (insomnia, couldn't cum for a week, got super stressed out from time to time and more) but then the prozac started working and the side effects went away and boy was it worth it. I expected the effect to be more subtle but I feel very noticeably better and I'm much more motivated to do stuff. But I am apparently very lucky that I respond well to prozac and that it was the first drug that I tried.

Anyways, good luck with citalopram, most of these take some time to start working (no clue about citalopram) so give it time and if it doesn't work I hope the next one will.

Hang in there buddy
>>
File: 10f89ra.jpg (66 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
10f89ra.jpg
66 KB, 720x480
>>23640491
Sounds familiar.
Just bored and going nowhere.
The thing that got me motivated though was the thought of growing old and having missed out on life.
>>23640605
So far I've got a bit of dry mouth but otherwise ok.
Supposed to take weeks to work though and started on a really low dose (10mg)
>>
>>23640642

Give it at least a week or so before expecting any measurable difference.

> The thing that got me motivated though was the thought of growing old and having missed out on life.

The only thing that keeps me going is the fact that I don't want to burden my family and friends with having to deal with my death. My parents had to carry one of their children to the grave already, I can't willingly do it to them again.

Hence my indifference towards life. I won't end it myself, but I don't cherish it either. There just is nothing in my life that gives me lasting joy and it's only ever so possible to numb that feeling with hedonism.
>>
>>23640083
I'm on prozac and I definitly noticed a change, its helped alot
>>
I have pretty bad PTSD and some sort of depression which is rooted in the PTSD. A lot of it ties back to actual trauma though, not just "chemical imbalance" so attempts to visit doctors or take pills have failed numerous times.

I've been getting worse, but I know what I need to get better and it's not something I entirely have control over.
>>
>>23640829

What is it that you need?

And what is the root of your PTSD, if I may ask?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.