[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /has a partner but still suffers from loneliness and/or depression/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 53606-29660.jpg (26 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
53606-29660.jpg
26 KB, 320x240
Who /has a partner but still suffers from loneliness and/or depression/ here?
>>
Yep. I've been married for almost six years, and desu she's a great mom to our son and a good "homemaker" (she works, but I mean all the wife things that don't directly involve me). She just doesn't fulfill me.
>>
I'm happily married to my wife of three years. Great wife, woman, mother.

But I'm also really depressed and angry almost all of the time. (You can be depressed and happy at the same time)

(My depression and anger is rooted in my alcoholism and setting myself back about 6 years by being a total fuck off in college, as well as from poor coping with health issues that put me in varying degrees of pain and are likely to shorten the lifespan of someone with healthier habits than i by a few years

Why are you asking? What level of conversation are you looking for? We talking shit out or just rubbing elbows on barstools nodding with a collective "thing"
>>
ME
>>
My GF lives 65 miles away. Not only that, she works days, and I work nights. We're lucky to see each other maybe once a week.

Love her to death, but god damn does it get lonely sometimes. Also doesn't help that I'm horny pretty much 24/7. We're looking to get a place together soon, so hopefully that'll fix things.
>>
>>22737681
I was wondering who else is suffering from the same condition. My depression is affecting our relationship in a bad way and I'm doing my best to avoid that.

Before I met her, my life was extremely dull and empty. And after I met her, my life took a turn for the better. Finally I can feel excited about things, I have motivation to live, I have many things to look forward to. She brought so much to my life. But we had to become long distance and ever since life has turned back to the way it was for me. We Skype every day and meet up once in a couple months. That's the best we can do. I want to move to her to live with her but it's practically impossible right now because we're both students in different countries.
>>
>>22737715
That sounds rough. If it's anything for you, my wife is canadian and I am american. We worked out alright man. Here's hoping it goes well for you

Or hell, if it doesn't go well, here's hoping you land yourself a fit little number who is even better.

Cheers
>>
>>22737715
You are both young, if it is love you will cope and be together when school is done, for the love of god don't do somethiing stupid like dropping out to be with her,
i'm old i've made many mistakes in my life and the majority of them was due to the premise of love, set your own life up first before you commit yourself to someone else's.
if the relationship doesn't work out then you will find someone else, you will, it may not feel like it at first, but things will work out in the end.
>>
>>22737681
Here's what you need to do...

Take an entire month off from alcohol. If you can do it without problem, then you're not an alcoholic. If you can't... Then you need to seek help. Beyond that, tell her. Communication is bloody fucking important. Let your wife know that you're suffering from depression and anger issues. Ask her for help, or to at least be there for you.
>>
>>22737575
Been with her for about two years. Greatest girl I know. When she's lonely I'm around, there for her and what not. I always try to give her/do the best for her.
Sadly to say its not mutual. Lately she's been kinda cold. But she isn't lonely. Instead I am, and it seems like she doesn't care as much. Contemplated much this week. Honestly can say when I was single I dealt with being lonely way better. I was content with it. What's changed from that? And now I'm weighing my options on if its even worth fighting for her, or just going my own way and living how I use to. Claims she loves but but I've been in love before, this doesn't feel like it. It's more convenience than anything. Convenient that I'm around when she needs someone.... Kinds regret getting involved too.
I suffer from cynicism often. My heart tells me things aren't okay and my brain won't do anything but agree....
>>
I have a long distance girlfriend who I very much love but there are people much closer to me that I'd be able to satisfy the physical half of my relationship needs (cuddling, affection, sex) with. I've expressed this to her and now she's all worried iI'mn gonna cheat on her
>>
>>22737575
This is honestly one of my biggest fears.

I'm /foreveralone/ so not an issue for now.
>>
All me family
To be fair it is LDR but still
I shouldn't be so depressed
>>
>>22738078
That is a very understandable concern. If she hit you up like yo check out all this dick that could fill me if I wanted, you would probably sweat a little.

Maybe not though.
>>
>>22737575
How old are you? Are you financially independent?

I suggest you get a used older motorcycle and pour yourself into that. It could be guitar or something. A hobby. It'll either keep you busy until you have the ability to approach the situation correctly, or it'll drop you in to a different situation that you might be happier in
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.