[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know this isn't the best place... But I don't have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: howdoesone.jpg (293 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
howdoesone.jpg
293 KB, 1600x900
I know this isn't the best place...
But I don't have any good friends right now, and I need some advice.
I'm currently engaged to my girlfriend of 5 years.
She lives with me, and I'm currently finishing an engineering degree.
We have started to plan our wedding for next year, and in the process I decided I don't want to marry her.
There have been problems for most of our relationship, and I've learned to ignore them after enough time.
But I can't marry her, I will not be happy, and she holds me back in too many ways to count.
My issue is breaking the news to her.
She takes these kinds of things really badly, and with her living with me, it makes this really awkward and horrible.
I don't know what to do. I'm going to explode if I don't go through with this breakup.
>>
Doesn't sound like you need advice, mate. Sounds like you've already got your answer. Shit is gonna suck really bad but you need to sit down and tell her that you can't go through with the wedding. Tell her straight that you feel you've irreconcilable differences and that you think it'll be a mistake.

She's gonna be pissed as fuck. And I don't blame her. You'll have effectively wasted five years of her life stringing her along because you were too beta to address your problems. You're gonna have to weather the storm like a man or end up regretting the entire rest of your life.
>>
>>23628328
What are the problems specifically? Just curious. You need to tell her straight up and get out of there fast. Oh boy that will be a shitfest.
>>
>>23628361
I have no independence due to her reliance on me.
We have virtually no sex life.
She doesn't get along with my family/friends.
I'm finishing an engineering degree and don't need these stresses in my life right as I get into a stressful career.
>>
>>23628395
I'm sorry to hear that.
I wouldn't know what to do either.
Do her parents live close by?
That would be a good place for her to get away from everything after.
Otherwise it could be tough.
>>
>>23628418
No, she would have to fly home.
This is one of the main problems.
She doesn't have any friends here, everyone finished school and moved away.
She's only here because I'm still finishing up.
It's a bad situation.
If I end it tonight for example, she will have to stay here until she calms down and accepts everything.
She is going to resist like hell, and beg for me to reconsider.
It's going to be terrible.
>>
>>23628431
Just rip the bandaid off mang. It'll be best for both of you.
>>
>>23628434
Easier said than done.
She had almost no coping mechanisms.
She will fully met down.
>>
>>23628440
Has*
Melt*
>>
>>23628440
Doesn't matter. It's disrespectful to yourself and her if you don't do it. Just sack up and do it.
>>
Five year engagement???

How long were you dating for? Usually, if not married within 18 mo, it's likely the marriage will never happen.
>>
>>23628468
Dating 5 years, will be engaged for a year this August.
>>
>>23628328

there is only one answer fake your own death
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 540x960
>>
>>23628328
I'll sleep with her for you
>>
Friend of mine broke off his wedding 2 months before it was suppose to happen. It was an absolute nightmare compounded with the amount of wedding planning money he lost and lost for the bride-to-be's family. Close friends thought he was a scumbag.

It was also the best decision he could have made and far, far better than going through a monster of a divorce later in life. Even when he was in the middle of the relationship ground zero he had created he was ten times happier than I had seen him before he called the whole thing off.

What I'm saying is this is going to suck on a scale you are not aware exists, and it is your best course of action.

But take this shit to /adv/
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.