[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>stare at my reflection in the mirror >literally Chad >browse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: aMleXMjl_700w_0[1].jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
aMleXMjl_700w_0[1].jpg
12 KB, 225x225
>stare at my reflection in the mirror
>literally Chad
>browse through photos taken of me
>3/10 if I'm being generous

FUCKING WHY? DO PEOPLE SEE ME AS MY MIRROR VERSION OR PHOTO VERSION?
>>
>>23589120
Post pic of chad self.
>>
File: 1406317395196.gif (36 KB, 200x146) Image search: [Google]
1406317395196.gif
36 KB, 200x146
>>23589120
It drives me crazy, too. I don't know the full answer, but I've heard the best way to figure out what you look like is to stand far away and make the camera zoom in.
Small cameras and phone cameras are not high quality and often close to the face/use flash, which distorts things and even webcams can do that because it might have more of a fisheye lens. Flash will fuck you up making your skin look terrible and sort of age you. Cameras flatten the face taking a one-dimensional shot, so maybe taking a video of yourself will give you a better idea of how others actually see you.

People who know how to take selfies use the most flattering angles, have good lighting and probably take a lot of pictures until they're happy with one. This is also why they probably make those retarded selfie-sticks to keep the camera a bit further away.

The thing to really keep in mind is we are used to seeing our image reversed in the mirror, so it looks strange as hell to us when we see photos. We also end up seeing our imperfections more than other people will actually notice.
>>
>>23589128

heh

>>23589176

You're on to something. I manage to take selfies where I look a lot like mirror-me, but NEVER do I look like that whenever someone else takes them. No matter the setting, outdoors, in a bar, in a club, in a house.
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 750x1334
I've had the same problem. Good pictures are literally generally taken after a thousand tries and by someone who knows what they're doing. I had some good pics taken of me recently and it's helped. I'll show some comparisons.

First selfie before I knew how to take pics
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
>>23589241
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>23589245

I think the ones taken by my friend are a lot better. You probably look more like Chad-self, but seeing a non mirrored picture of your face never helps.
>>
Well I'm not out to confirm or disprove whatever you think about, but just to keep in mind:

What you see in the mirror is horizontally inverted from what people see in the real world when they look at you and likely from exactly your own height.

What you see in pictures heavily depends on lighting, focal length, and aperture size.
>>
>>23589262
Oh and the height/distance of the camera as well of course.
>>
>>23589262
>What you see in the mirror is horizontally inverted from what people see in the real world when they look at you and likely from exactly your own height.

In theory, this means that other people see you as your Chad mirror self, but it's not weird for them as they're not used to your face being suddenly mirrored, I guess.
Still, not looking good in most pictures fucks me up.
>>
Narcissistic piece of shit.
>>
>>23589334
Like I said in regards to pictures, it really depends on the hardware and composition of the shot.

I mean I could show you a pic from my laptop's integrated webcam, my desktop webcam (C920), my phones front-facing camera, my phone's rear camera, and my DSLR (500D) with both my 35-80mm lens and my 22mm lens and they all make me look subtly different.

No real reason to worry about it in any case. Without a decent personality, or at least one that allows you to pretend to be sociable, whoever you're after won't be very receptive.
>>
anyone has this problem , when i am at a club and getting photographed from a professional most of the time i love how i look , when i take seflies i look like shit
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.