[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT people who have moved to a different country recently. >Age/Sex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: International-Movers.jpg (539 KB, 1200x599) Image search: [Google]
International-Movers.jpg
539 KB, 1200x599
ITT people who have moved to a different country recently.

>Age/Sex
20/M
>Where you lived and how long
Brooklyn, 19 years
>Where you moved to and how long ago
Sweden, 8 months
>Why?
Dual citizenship, speak the language, didn't want to get crippled with student loans and wanted to live outside of the US for a while so I'm not the stereotypical culturally ignorant American.
>Do you like your new home?
Sort of, become pretty shut in the last few months and really missing my best friend in New York, and there was hardly any snow here this winter which blows. But I really do love Sweden, nice place and nicer people.
>What do you miss the most about where you moved from?
Being able to buy a good slice of pizza at 3AM
>>
Bump, I can't be alone
>>
I'll help you out OP.

>Age/Sex
23/M
>Where you lived and how long
Scotland my whole life, except for the 3 years I lived in Lebanon
>Where you moved to and how long ago
Sweden, moved just a little over a year ago
>Why?
Met my girlfriend online (here) and couldn't really stand to be away from her. Plus moving to Sweden was always a dream of mine and I was just a depressed shit in Scotland.
I love it. Except for having no friends, barely going outside anymore and being unable to find a job, but other than that it's great. Swedes are very reserved people which is pretty perfect for me.
>What do you miss the most about where you moved from?
Walking down the street and hearing people speak English, being able to see my grandparents whenever I want, and Cadbury chocolate. Oh and square sausage.
>>
>>23484521
What town do you live in?
>>
>>23485461
Dude. Marabou> cadbury all day every day.
>>
>>23485473
Psh, nope. Cadbury just have a wider selection. There's always Galaxy too.
>>
>>23485461
Where're you at in Sweden?

>>23485470
Vaxjo but I'm moving to BĂ„stad in a week and either Malung or Umea come september, you?
>>
>>23485534
>Where're you at in Sweden?
Gothenburg, would love to move further north.
>>
File: image.jpg (195 KB, 1364x908) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195 KB, 1364x908
>age/sex
20/M
>where you lived and for how long
Chicago, 20 years
>where you moved to and how long ago
Japan, 2 months
>why?
The gubberment said I had to
Yes and no. I'm still culture shocked, but am being accustomed quickly. Japanese people are very kind and usually very helpful to bridge the language barrier. But I am home sick because of a grill
>what do you miss most?
The familiarity of where I lived. always knew where I was and knew I wouldn't have a problem communicating. But I'm a lot fucking safer here than in Chicago
>>
22/male
Was living for 2years in Moldova, 4 in Kazakhstan, 16 in Russia
Moving to Florida USA this summer
Why? Everything is better there
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.