[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can we get an addiction thread going? >age/sex >drug of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: opium.jpg (64 KB, 600x470) Image search: [Google]
opium.jpg
64 KB, 600x470
can we get an addiction thread going?

>age/sex
>drug of choice
>how long you have been going through your addiction
>what started your addiction? what's your 'story'?
>are you going through any methods of trying to get better/clean? if so, what?
>does anyone know about your addiction?
>feel free to talk, offer support or advice, and leave your kik/messenger to talk
>>
for myself, i'm 24, have been on pain medications since i was 16 after my first brain surgery and two major car crashes (i'm legally prescribed extended relief morphine, oxy, ativan and muscle relaxers, although i don't take the relaxers). i suffer a lot of pain but think i could handle being off of them, the pain is just intensified those first few weeks of withdrawal.
>>
>>23460933
Addicted to a certain opioid which I use as a sedative. I originally started to use it to self medicate my psychotic episodes. If I was growing aggressive and irrational, I'd go to the bathroom and take it to knock me down for 45 minutes. Now I need it just to get through sad or stressful days. Dealers don't really carry it here, so I've done some pretty desperate things to get it.

Currently trying to break my dependence and I'm down to using twice or three times a week on average. Things are looking up.
>>
>>23460933

>>age/sex

25/m

>>drug of choice

Booze

>>how long you have been going through your addiction

Pretty much since September. I don't think my career of choice is really for me, but I've invested too much time/money into my education at this point to escape.

>>what started your addiction? what's your 'story'?

Said a little bit about it up above, but I can't do anything but teach with my English degree. Because I'm stupid. I've been drinking a few beers a night, like half a six-pack, and tons more on the weekend. I don't get very much done during the week, and I think that contributed to my recent firing from an important internship.

>>are you going through any methods of trying to get better/clean? if so, what?

My girlfriend moved in with me recently, that and poverty are keeping me from drinking nightly during my little firing vacation. But I know when she's gone and when I have money again I'm going right back to the sauce.

>>does anyone know about your addiction?

My girlfriend cleaned the place and discovered my beer dungeon... Not good. She thinks it was just work stress that caused it though, and not the fact that I'm a pathetic faggot who just wants to kill himself a little bit quicker.

>>feel free to talk, offer support or advice, and leave your kik/messenger to talk

Let's talk. You guys can reply to me here or kik me at ravenallnight
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.