[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pride and shame thread! Post something your picture and then
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: pride shame.jpg (8 KB, 250x216) Image search: [Google]
pride shame.jpg
8 KB, 250x216
Pride and shame thread! Post something your picture and then post something you're really proud of along with something you're ashamed of and/or regret. Then comment on others as well!
>>
File: 2222.jpg (50 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
2222.jpg
50 KB, 480x640
Proud of: I'm proud of the fact that despite a bunch of obstacles I've become pretty succesfull at what I do. I've started my own business that's working out better than expected and I make enough to live comfortably and do the things I really want to do. I'm proud of the fact that I'm a good friend to those close to me, and that I've allways been there for my girlfriend when she needed me to be. I'm proud of the fact that I've made my dad proud that I'm his son.

Ashamed of: I'm a pretty jealous person, especially when it comes to my girlfriend. I would never let that get in her way or anything, but if we go out and she talks to other dudes I strangle them in my mind. If she goes out alone I usually can't sleep till she gets back. I'm not proud of the fact that I wasn't there for my mother a lot when she was going through a difficult time becouse I was really buisy and I try and make up for that now by spending more time with her.
>>
>>23451453
I like the idea OP.
>Proud of
I'm proud of the fact that throughout all my life I've managed to take care of myself. I somewhat despise relying on other people and hence I've always dealt with my own issues regardless of the hardships I've encountered.
>Ashamed of
As a result of a pretty harsh childhood I've become jaded in my way of thinking. I'm quite the understanding person and I can be very affectionate of others but when it comes down to it I never stop relying on logic and I put too much emphasis on critical thinking. I've been confronted with it several times and even had relationships not working out due to overanalyzing situations that don't require me to do so in the first place.
>Regret
I do slightly regret losing my last girlfriend, she picked me up when I was at the lowest point of my life as of yet, all around amazing person. I also regret not changing my life drastically as a child, obviously oblivious to the consequences that'd emerge later in life but I'd feel comfortable knowing I did all I could.

>>23451475
You sound like an achieved person and I like the fact that you got you where you are today, always a quality that weighs heavy.
I think being jealous as long as it doesn't affect how other people perceive you is good tbqh, standing up for what's yours is a trait that is all too uncommon. I envy your dedication to other people and it's apparent that you're a top tier geezer.
>>
>>23451543
Good to hear you've managed to pull yourself together despite your hardships mate! I know how hard that can be. You seem like you know yourself pretty well too wich is an awesome quality to have.
>>
Bumping since op is a cool guy and doesn't afraid anything
>>
Proud of: my career and achievements, graduating college, owning a house and supporting myself at 24 despite my parents telling me to drop out because they believed I wouldn't be able to finish. I'm proud of overcoming my social awkwardness and anxiety to work with my patients and build trusting relationships which makes me feel rewarded. I'm proud that I've worked hard for what is mine.

Ashamed of: they way I look. I'm horribly insecure and never feel like I'm good enough. I'm also ashamed of my social skills and feel like if I approach people that I don't know, they will think I am ugly and weird and boring. I don't know why.
>>
>Pride
I never give up. I have/had many problems but I always belive there is a solution and i'm trying to think positive
>shame
I lost 5 years of my life because of mental illness and some shitty stuff like this
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 960x640
A penis, I have.
>>
Het guys, Op here >>23451475

>>23454120
Haha thanks anon
>>23454284
Seems like the things you're proud of far outweigh the things you're ashamed of mate. If you can improve yourself to a point where despite complications you graduate college and work in a medical field your insecurities should be a small obstacle to scale. As far as looks go: the most popular guy I know is a fat balding, short iranian dude who just has a shitload of confidence. Confidence is something that can be worked on just like you can work on knowledge and education.
>>23454336
A positive attitude gets you a long way mate! Good to hear you've gotten this far.
>>23455432
Pride or shame?
>>
File: full body shot.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
full body shot.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>Proud of
I've overcome some huge hurdles in my life. Emotional abuse, body image issues, suicidal thoughts, and my inability to work with a team. Because of my victory over these things, I'm able to love myself more than I did 10 years ago.

>Ashamed of
I have hipster-like tendencies. I will not go see something out of spite for the general populace. I don't do the whole "oh, I liked _____ before they were mainstream" spiel, but I do enjoy bringing something unheard of to a group and spreading that around. I think it could be this underlying fear that if I give in to the more popular stuff, I'm going to morph into this vapid bitch, who has no self-worth or anything worth talking about, overnight. I'm terrible at keeping up communications with people who are supposed to mean the world to me, no matter how hard I try.

>Regret
This may or may not count, but I didn't "play the field" much before I met my husbando (and by much, I mean, barely had my first kiss before meeting him). I'm happy I waited 3 years before trading V cards, but I kinda wish I got a chance to test the other waters before him. Also wish I had more of an opportunity to do so because no one else really found me that attractive.

>>23451475
Jealousy is a relatively normal emotion, and at least you're making up for lost time with your mother. Overall, you're doing great things. Keep that shit up.

>>23451543
Independence is an excellent positive. Too many people say they're independent, but few can put their money where their mouth is. You seem like you can. Sour about losing your girlfriend. Not a fan of saying "maybe it's for the best," but I hope you find your silver lining.

>>23454284
>>23456293
^ This guy pretty much nailed what I was going to tell you.

>>23454336
Those feels, brah. This happy-go-lucky chick I knew had to see a therapist because her mental issues started interfering with her everyday life. After about a year and a half of therapy, her positivity was back. Best of luck, m8.
>>
Me >>23451475

>>23456532
I would always advise people to 'test other waters' as you say before getting into long term relationships becouse you'll allways have this 'what if' feeling otherwise. I'm glad I've had that period in my life, however the main thing I've found out during that time and can tell you right now is that having a loving and caring monogamous relationship is infinatly better than the 'slutty' periods in your life. If you love the person you're with, don't throw that away for the curiosity you might be feeling. Really good to hear you've overcome so many obstacles! Hope you're at a good place in your life right now.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.