[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been here a few days and I'm genuinely curious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 2015-12-09.png (285 KB, 517x425) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-09.png
285 KB, 517x425
I've been here a few days and I'm genuinely curious about something:
People who upload the same selfie over and over in r8me threads for days on end:
What are you looking for?
I've seen some of you get some good responses and still come back in other threads. Using the same picture!
Is someone downloading your pix and having a larf or are you holding out for unanimity of opinion with regard to a specific image?
pic related. I worry about you.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
A 7 a day keeps the doctor away
>>
>>23430417
It makes you feel good when people compliment you. Some people become addicted to that feeling so they keep seeking it out.
>>
>>23430423
I asked an IRL friend what he thought about this and he said something similar

>needs a few kind words every couple of days

or something like that.
I have another theory. I think that even the attractive people here are so insecure that they don't believe any of the positive feedback. I don't think they know why they keep coming back over and over.
>open browser tab to /soc/ post in r8me thread
>open another tab to /soc/ post in different r8me thread
>f5

inb4 "so deep"
>>
>>23430433
same pic over and over tho? do you really get anything out of that?
God this is depressing for me
>>
This is why we should all stick to shitposting and taking bad pictures of ourselves very infrequently. Granted, I've spent a good few weeks lurking here and /x/ in between reading and comics, and I'm only here to try and cope with depression, but there is something more to this borderline anonymity. You can see what total strangers think about you, without giving up your personal space, and maybe that has some appeal to people who are trying to get back on their feet. Maybe it's because they don't find any real connection with the majority of people they meet in their own lives, and this is where all the like-minded gather. It's less sporadic than other boards, and there is the sliht chance of meeting someone near you or even afar that you can share something with.

I've also been drunk for almost 3 days straight so this could all be poor speculation.
>>
>>23430493
I've been here since saturday and what I saw was this
people frantically posting the same pic over and over in different r8me threads
THE SAME PIC
but again everyone is doing the same so it's all the same people rating each other so they keeps hearing the same shit over and over
I'm not saying it's wrong and I'm sure that it feels different at the thread level but when you look at this from the board level it's very hard to tell apart from mental illness
>>
>>23430519
>the title for /soc/ used to be "/soc/ - Socks & Mental Illness"
Yeah, I see what you mean. You have to pick and choose your poison here. The chat/discussion, state meetup, music, and drinking threads are the least mentally unstable. The most frustrating thing is trying to talk to people that frequent those rate threads, in that you can maybe get a couple replies relevant to mutual interests, but if you don't feed that attention-hole they quickly fuck back off to their safe zone. It's a terrible board, and if you're not here to fuck with people you should leave before it effects your stability.
>>
File: 1188187342903.png (54 KB, 795x800) Image search: [Google]
1188187342903.png
54 KB, 795x800
>>23430537
>you should leave before it effects your stability.
I'm part of an exchange program from /fa/
the stability ship sailed long ago
>>
>>23430537
And who are you?
>>
I know I've done it (not every day but every so often) just so I can have as wide a pool as possible to validate me from.
>>
>>23430561
What do you mean?
I could answer that a lot of ways.
>>23430554
>/fa/
I am so sorry.
At least you're not /x/phile scum.
Are you a skinny guy that wears mostly black, scarves, and leather shoes?
>>
>>23430579
>Are you a skinny guy that wears mostly black, scarves, and leather shoes?

I'm trying. Used to be all Edmond Allens and Thomas Pink but they called me "dadcore" and made me cry so I'm mending my ways
>>
>>23430587
Nah just go buy some Timberland, Northface, and Eddie Bauer and you'll grow into a fine middle-class adult. Only wear Levi bootcut jeans. Don't forget to ask about the Suburban starter pack.
>>
>>23430592
>no mention of yohji or rick owens
when was the last time you were even on /fa/?
>>
>>23430602
I've never been on /fa/, familia.
There is no place for my kind on that board.
>>
Would be nice to see changes ;_;
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.