[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /soc/ I tried this once before but how about a contact thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: autism_awareness[1].gif (45 KB, 550x284) Image search: [Google]
autism_awareness[1].gif
45 KB, 550x284
Hey /soc/ I tried this once before but how about a contact thread for anyone with autism or Asperger.
Whatever you want but I guess I'll try and start it off with my info in the next post.
>>
>24/m/usa
>Straight
>single
>Text / Mic
>Pretty obsessed with 40k and american politics. I try to play videogames but I depression makes it difficult to stick with it, combined with almost an OCD when it comes to getting 100% of everything makes it pretty difficult to finish a lot of things.
I don't really care who replies or adds me but if you do add me just tell me where you got my info
>skype: Willnye2cool
>steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/fanfreak
>>
Supportive bump for all my autistic/aspie friends out there
>>
I don't know about you but I don't feel rather ace about this
>>
>>23285945
It seems that you need a nice hotpot
>>
>>23286016
*You're

>Posting bad grammar in an autism thread
>>
can i ask you guys a question?
when i call someone autistic or tell them to calm their autism do you guys get offended?
>>
Any girls with aspergers who love model trains or building things?
I'd love to just chat about building models or drawing too!
>>
>>23288460
Personally no I don't, but some other people might.
>>
>>23288460
4chan autism isn't the same as actual autism. I'm not even sure why its used as an insult on here. Most of the people I've known who were autists or aspies were quite intelligent, if a little reserved
>>
>>23289559
well of course i know this but still it's good to know im right when someone says it offends autistic people and i can tell them to shut the fuck up
>>
>>23288460
Autistic here. Not really. The "with autism" garbage pisses me off.
>>
>>23290214
what do you mean by "with autism?
>>
>>23290237
Calling us people with autism instead of autistic people. They're trying to separate autism from me. Autism isn't just something you can understand away. We're fucking different, I feel like I'm on a foreign planet.
>>
>>23290326
I really do not get that at all, but hey, everyone has their own stuff yo
>>
>>23290340
Don't get what?
>>
>>23290376
You're issue with the wording, I don't get it :V
>>
>>23290393
It's a PC attempt to separate the person from the autism. Except Autism is a core attribute of an autistic person.

I am different because I am autistic, I will never be similar to NTs. there is no fucking reason to pretend I am just a regular person who happens to behave differently.

I behave differently because my brain works in a completely different way.

The people who push the "with autism" garbage are parents of autistic kids who really wish they just had a normal child.

Well guess what, they can fuck off. We're fucking different and changing the retarded language of how you call what I am will not change that.
>>
>>23290450
yeah i can understand that its like calling black people "coloured"
>>
I'm actually glad to see a thread like this. My daughter was recently diagnosed as being High Functioning. She's only 5 yrs old, and as a parent I'm curious to learn more about how life would be for her as she gets older. If anyone is serious about answering some general questions and just all around helping me understand her better, it would be appreciated since she is severely delayed in speech.
>>
>>23290728
Aspie here, worked as a 1:1 aide for a moderate-severe autistic kid from 1st through 3rd grade.

What would you like to know?
>>
>>23290765
lol I don't even know where to start bro. There's like so many questions. Do you got Kik or an email? I'm knocking out for the night, got work in the morning.
>>
>>23290912
There are probably a lot better people to talk to about your autistic child than autistic people on 4chan
>>
>>23293433
just thought it'd be interesting to hear more about it from someone who lives it everyday. She's already going through all of her services and everything. Just random things like how was school and just everyday life as you grew up.
>>
>>23289955
the idea that you can say "dont say that word it hurts me!" and solve the problem that caused that word to be hurtful is a lie. Look how well that ideaology worked for niggers? Not at all.

The real way to deal with labels that offend is to say "yeah, that word describes me, but I'm a good person, so in the way that word fits my personality, it's a good word". Look at words like nerd or geek, those used to be bad, but nerds and geeks self-identified as it, and now its largely a term of endearment
>>
If only they had an entire board for autistic meet ups...

Oh wait, they do.

Its called /soc/
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.