[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
21 TO 22 YEARS OLD ONLY. How you see the life at this age? Are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10
File: 1450126146272.jpg (309 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1450126146272.jpg
309 KB, 1280x1920
21 TO 22 YEARS OLD ONLY.
How you see the life at this age?
Are you happy?
What are you doing with your life?
Do you think you are doing what you love?
WHat are your dreams?
Are you scare of real life?
>>
Living the day, weird combination out of studying stuff, drinking a lot and fucking around with chicks. Right now I'm having trouble with learning how to drive again
>>
Turning 21 tomorrow
Is see life as utter shit. Just about everything we do in life is just to help speed the flow of time so that we can die
Nope I am not happy quite sad and hallow feeling actually
Going to school and working a part time job rn so I guess I'm on the right track
Nope but then again I do not know what I love. I can't keep interested in any activities for multiple days in a row. Like if I play a game or a instrument for a week or more I can no longer do it cause I begin to think what's the point this is a waste of time and I'll never really get good at it
My dream is just to feel fulfilled by the actions or find a girl ray unconditionally loves me so we can waste all our time together
No a full time job may actually give me something to do. But I am scared that I am going to become an alcoholic
>>
I feel like life could be great at my age.
Not really happy.
I'm studying applied mathematics.
I think it could be enjoyable, but depression makes it hard to enjoy.
Dreams : have a cool gf and simply work using applied maths. I'd like to produce art too. I was quite good at piano but I stopped because of depression.

I have severe bipolar disorder and everyone who knows me knows that I'm a fucking weirdo (it's due to manic episodes).
>>
>>22976747
Damn I hate how auto correct on my phone inserts random ass fucking words
>>
>>22976747
>>22976747
I can feel what you're saying. Wait for the unexpected. It's true that everything is empty of meaning, but we have the ability to love how reality is and that's why life can be great.

It's kind of crazy to like things, because in reality things are just the way they are, but liking things is so great that it feels like it's always worth it to continue to live to like things again.
You have to be depressed to really realize how liking things is some form of natural craziness that everyone has (it obviously has to be there for humans to exist).
>>
>>22976688
>I feel like life could be great at my age.
This.

Almost died earlier this year from a brain hemorrhage and haven't really been the same since. Feel like I'm incapable of doing really simple things and end up getting frustrated or depressed.
>>
I pretty lost my mind at 21-22 due to trauma, PTSD, and a crippling meth addiction. still insane doe. kek!
>>
>>22976822
So you have brain damage? Have they told you how much? Will it heal?
>>
>>22976841
>So you have brain damage? Have they told you how much?
Yes. I can't explain it too well but the hemorrhage was in my Thalamus so everything is more or less intact . The problem is more with relaying information so the problems are kind of random.

I have a lot of trouble with brain fade and tracking more than one thought at a time. Ranges from not getting hungry (at all) to fucking with my social skills since I can't take in a conversation and body language at the same time.

Things are a quite dreamy(?) at a times as well.

>Will it heal?
That's the magic question.
>>
File: happypills.gif (892 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
happypills.gif
892 KB, 500x280
Are you happy?
sort of...not exactly but you don't sulk in it, idea is to do not sit still.
working 50+ hours bullshit work. paying off my fines for a reckless driving charge, adjusting to life and where i am now. ( i moved.)
absolutely not
WHat are your dreams?
travel over seas, experience different cultures, being stable financial and start working a CAREER vs a JOB.
i am and im not.

i'm also my worst enemy and best friend.
>>
Turning 23 on Sunday.
I feel like life at this age could be really exciting, but my life consists of work, vidya, cooking and hanging out with my husband. Basically boring old people stuff.
I'm happy sometimes I guess. Not a lot.
I'm working a lot, didn't finish college but still make a good bit of money.
I don't really know what my dreams are desu. I've come to the realization that it's only downhill from here. My future includes like maybe having a kid and that's it by way of exciting things that could happen.
I think this is real life, but yeah, it's scary.
>>
>>22976688
Well, I am still 22, so still qualify, although your limited age range makes not to much sense. There are many early twenties who still didn't do shit and tons of teens with huge life experience.

>How you see the life at this age?
It's fucking great. Probably best time I had so far.

Are you happy?
Oh yes.

>What are you doing with your life?
Finally done with working so studying full time (read: have free time and do what I enjoy doing 24/7)

>Do you think you are doing what you love?
Oh yes. What's the point in doing anything else if you live in the first world?

>What are your dreams?
Personal ones? Becoming a famous and recognized author ideally but I am fine with just writing for my own personal enjoyment too.

>Are you scare of real life?
Lolno. It was scary as a kid when I didn't have complete control over the direction where it's going.
>>
>>22976865
Well, best of luck. Maybe even if the damage is organic your neuron circuitry will rewire itself and make things a little easier for you.

How did it happen btw? Just a random thing?
>>
>>22976934
Hopefully.

>How did it happen btw? Just a random thing?
Hit by a car.
>>
File: tumblr_mvea4nT4LA1scomxmo1_500.gif (815 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvea4nT4LA1scomxmo1_500.gif
815 KB, 500x281
>>How you see the life at this age?
It's different for many.. Some people are go-getters, want to do so much. they go to school, work 9-5 jobs, are getting somewhere. then there's those like me, hesitant to move forward, scared, no motivation to.
>>Are you happy?
I wouldn't say I'm happy but I'm not down in the dumps. Although I am ashamed..
>>What are you doing with your life?
Well I am healing up after my surgery I just had, maybe in Jan or Feb I'll actual go to beauty school like I wanted..
>>Do you think you are doing what you love?
I'm not doing much of anything other than resting and watching anime, which I love?
>>What are your dreams?
I honestly don't know.
>>Are you scare of real life?
I'm scared of life, the future, the present and the past.. I'm not very good at anything and I know I give up easily.
>>
>>22976688
Yay relevant thread.

I'm ok with it. I mean, it's filled with uncertainty, as I, along with most other people my age, are growing and changing more rapidly than ever before.
>Are you happy?
Yeah, pretty happy.
I'm in uni studying law and history, and currently working at Centrelink (Australia's welfare government branch).
No, and don't think I ever will. But what I will do, I can tolerate and maybe even enjoy occasionally, which is all I really want.
>What are your dreams?
Don't really have any concrete ones. Just want to work and manage money until I don't need to work any more, as early as I can manage it. Have a significant other I enjoy spending time with and matches my kinks. Maybe have kids if I ever feel like procreating is a good idea. Travel somewhat.
>Are you scared of real life?
Yep. Life outside the safety of parents (which I was lucky enough to grow up with) is pretty scarey. Only you are keeping you from failing.
The world is harsh, and there's little pity or sympathy.
It's still not gonna stop me, only encourage me to work all the harder.
>>
about to turn 21
a frickin great adventure
>Are you happy?
yeah!
in college studying youth and urban empowerment
definitely
>WHat are your dreams?
live in Philadelphia, work for a non-profit, get married
yeah I'm really scared cause I'm gonna be making 0 money
>>
>>22976688
beta testing/searching for what I am and what I really want.
>Are you happy?
It depends.
painting, learning to play bass, having fun with friends but still tryin to be productive, having fun with my gf but still fucking all around eventually.
yup, but I need something more.
>WHat are your dreams?
trying to make a living from my job (i'm a soundguy); beign as much more passional as I can; finding myself on art books after I'm dead.
I would be scared if there wasn't a way to change things.

OP; maybe I understand how you're feeling.
try to listen to the North Migration by Flowers Taped to Pens
>>
>How you see life at this age?
pretty cool, at the age where I'm considered an adult in America, but still young enough where old people think I'm the biggest moron on Earth who probably thinks I'm immortal and know everything. plus not having as much pressure from parents to get off my ass and do something is very relieving. having responsibilities sucks ass, but shit, being an adult overall is fucking awesome

>Are you happy?
doubt it, though I'm content with myself and life in general

working now really, and working on personal projects which I find interesting, spending money on computer shit cause I'm obsessed with them

not even close man. far, far, far away

>What are your dreams?
to work with computers for a living or become a producer. I've always loved computers since I was a little kid

nah, I'm doing alright. There's always new people with different viewpoints, and experiences, etc etc, to hear about and learn from. it can be extremely harsh at times, but just tough it out, you'll be fine
>>
I guess this is Part I: Negative Shit
I ramble way too fucking much.
pic profoundly related because I'm a pretentious fuck

>How do you see life at this age?
A ton of obstacles to climb. I feel like I'm falling behind most people and mentally weak. Although, there's so much I want to do. Sometimes I get discouraged and think of suicide, but luckily I have access to free therapy, which helps a little.
>Are you happy?
With myself, no. With my situation, somewhat. Last year, my mom and siblings and I left our abusive dad and moved in with our aunt. Now we're just barely keeping up with rent and most of us go to therapy to deal with all the past abuse. My aunt and uncle are really supportive though, so that's nice. But most days, I feel alone, even among family and acquaintances. All of my friends are 3000 miles away and it's hard to make new ones because I feel like an outsider. I'm glad I'm not homeless though.
>>
File: 1448947595405.jpg (809 KB, 1300x1244) Image search: [Google]
1448947595405.jpg
809 KB, 1300x1244
Part II: More Negative Shit

Trying to write a paper and study for my last final exam which is tomorrow. I'm failing one out of 3 classes at this community college I decided to go to. Despite always having been quick at learning, I've always had terrible studying habits no matter how much help I've sought out. I think it's because my brain is extremely pessimistic and self-deprecating. Therapy has barely helped but I think I just need a therapist who's a better fit for me. I took a year off before this semester because I couldn't afford it due to residency laws. Now I'm a resident in my state, so federal financial aid gave me enough to take a few classes. Signed up for the CAD program so I can get certified and get a decent paying job after a year. Pretty scared that I'll hate the job but I need something to stick to and it doesn't seem as bad as assembly line work but I'm more scared of feeling alienated and picked on since I'm a skinny, introverted asian guy with no interest in sports, drinking, smoking. I'm a boring dude and I feel like most people are either intimidated or uninterested in me. Could just be my fucked up negative thoughts but who knows. Other than that, I'm trying to improve my drumming, guitar playing and saxophone skills, but even then I find it extremely difficult to find motivation. Hopefully, joining a jazz band next semester will help. I'm afraid of being a burden though, since I'm not good at soloing or following chord changes. All I can do now is play what's written, which helped me get by in high school. I sometimes jam on drums with others, but it's rare. I have $10 to my name now. Quit my last job at a drum shop and been struggling to apply to more jobs because again, I get anxious about being a fuckup and a burden, which happened at my last job. Been trying to start anxiety meds but the calling part I keep putting off. Goddamn.
>>
I'm really happy with my life. I have an awesome job, I live where I wanted to live growing up, and everyday of my life I get to do the things that make me happiest in life. Now if only I could find a gf ;_;
I'm 22 btw
>>
How you see the life at this age? Could be more exciting at this age, feels like i'm close to hitting my prime age.
Are you happy? Most of the time yes.
What are you doing with your life? working, building my body image, trying to get further in life
Do you think you are doing what you love? work wise, no, gym life, yes
WHat are your dreams? be rich as fuck
Are you scare of real life? lmao no
>>
>>22976688

Life is fuckin' awful, but I get by.
I am happy in my romantic and social life, but otherwise I am miserable.
I work in an office doing paperwork and making $8.40 an hour.
What do you think? Of course I don't love what I do.
I have none. They are dead.
I'm terrified of getting older and real life.
>>
Part III: Finally Some Positive Shit
Not right now. Always distracting myself by listening to music and watching videos. Trying to read, but everything I decide to read makes me more depressed, like this current book about life in a north korean concentration camp. Maybe I need to read self-help books or happy stories. Problem is I'm a perfectionist so I spend a lot of time narrowing it down. Hopefully in a couple of years, my bigger plans of moving back home to make art with my best friend will become a reality.
>What are your dreams?
Create music, art and stories. Travel anywhere with my best friend. Get my shit together and be happy, then find a girl who does too, and marry her. Help other people through volunteer work. Help kids through teaching and counseling. Grow old. Die happy.
Yes, but my best friend gives me hope. My family keeps me somewhat happy. Music keeps me sane. Venting a bunch of shit to random anons kind of helps. Thanks OP.

dumping pic related for other anons
it helps me keep my priorities in check somewhat and reminds me how to stay sane
>>
>>22977883
aging and ending up alone
/suicide
>>
>>22976688
22M here.
How you see the life at this age? depressing to think I don't have much in common with people in our generation but optimistic because I'm realizing that the right people still exist.
Are you happy?

What are you doing with your life? In school working my ass off.

Do you think you are doing what you love? No but I am preparing for the future.

What are your dreams? to succeed

Are you scare of real life? This is real life. Not at all. Embrace it.
>>
>>22976688
human civilization degenerating spiritually, physically and mentally
>Are you happy?
with myself yes, the world no
giving back to my parents and allowing them to live comfortably and content until its time
i'm content as long as everyone is happy
>What are your dreams?
engaging in space travel and meeting ayyliens
no comment
>>
I see it as a river to nowhere. I live in a town, in a state that is literally only been getting worse for decades. Jobs are non existent, and there is only rich and poor. I'm miserable, I dream of escaping this dead end place, but I know it will never happen. I'm not scared of life, I'm just so depressed that everything is still moving, and I'm stagnated.
>>
>>22978178
>degenerating spiritually
lmfao
>>
>>22976688
I should be having fun, experimenting, travelling, all that cliché shit.
>Are you happy?
I'm fucking miserable. I'm having a serious quarter-life crisis.
I'm a soldier.
Absolutely not.
>What are your dreams?
I just wanna do cool shit, you know? I want to get a pilot's license, I want to see the world, I want to go to war, I want to be an actor, I want to be comfortable in my own body, I want to find someone.
I'm only scared of taking the wrong path. I don't want to wake up in 30 years like "holy fuck, I made a huge mistake."
>>
File: 1447981544551.jpg (109 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447981544551.jpg
109 KB, 1920x1080
Small group of friends, love them all. Realized these are people I wanna be friends with until the day I die

>Are you happy?
As of right now, yes. Tough year for me, realized bad things are just apart of life. The best thing to do from now on is always have a plan for the worst that's yet to come.

College doing computer science for my major. Need to learn Java now apparently that's where the money is.

Hell yeah, other than go to work or hang out I'm always on my computer. Got to a point back in high school where my teacher convinced me to do a programming major in college.

>WHat are your dreams?
Eventually have a family and a good career, yeah I know. Don't care about all the real fancy stuff.

I do have one shallow dream however, just for one night. Don't even care if I have to pay for it. All I want to do is just have a nice girl be my personal cumduster. I know but eventually I want this sexual fantasy to come true.

Yeah, but if I do the right things, I'll have nothing to fear
>>
I'm recently 21 years old. I'm finding that the more I progress into my 20's the more I find things about myself that are messed up and I don't like about myself. I used to be cocky, confident, and good with social situations. As I grow older, I grow more introspective, this makes me more uncomfortable with myself, which makes me more uncomfortable around other people. I feel like I have to try really hard to hold conversations or show interest in people. For most of my life I've been a huge people pleaser and I'm sort of realizing that just now. I'm starting to give less of a shit in my mind, but the moment I get in front of another person my mind snaps back to that people pleaser mindset. I find it harder and harder to be real. I used to live my whole life around being real. Now instead of being anything - real or fake, I kind of just want to be alone, kind of also don't.

I was raised in a religious family. Teenage years were going great until family caught me dating some chick from highschool. Family found out and punished me for it. In my 20's I'm just now realizing that it may have had a significant impact on my sexual development. Knowing this just makes things worse for me. I started getting suicide thoughts early in my 20's and it's only grown since then. I'm really glad I don't own a gun because I know someday I might actually do it. Hope I don't because while I don't feel like it now, I know that life is great.

I go to community college for physical science. Been there too long. I used to have insane confidence and I knew that I was going to change the world for the better someday. I 100% know I have what it takes. Took a huge setback this semester and now all that is gone. Now I feel like I'm a failure. Feel like I can't do any good in this world. I know this isn't true but right now it's hard to see otherwise. I was doing what I loved, and now I'm not sure if I love it anymore. I wasn't scared of real life because I knew I had everything under control
>>
>>22978697
cont'd

Depression hit and I feel like I lost control over my life. I have a close group of friends but can't go to them for support. Many of them ridicule me anyway for just expressing myself and having fun. They've been more like a creative escape than a place I go for comfort and to feel loved. Speaking of which, I don't feel loved by anybody. Anyways I'm just going to stop talking. I've already diverted from the thread criteria and don't want to waste anyone else's time. If you read this, thank you. I apologize for this being irrelevant to some degree.
>>
>>22978697
> I know that life is great
> Feel like I can't do any good in this world. I know this isn't true
You're almost there, man. You realize that all the negative shit isn't true but just your brain being a massive faggot. Just keep up doing whatever you do now and you will eventually get on track, although lose the idea that you can have too much control over your life. Some things are up to you, many aren't.

Also your "friends" sound like cunts.
>>
>>22977105
What is it you are ashamed of?
>>
- Shit. Every day is filled with pain and dislike for myself
- Nope, I am sad and angry as shit daily
- Trying to waste time so death comes quicker
- I think so, killing time is my hobby
- To die is my dream
- Nah, just disinterested and bored by it
>>
Study music at uni
Cute and loyal gf
I have a good life but can't feel content for some reason.
Doesn't have a job, and doesn't really want to.
I write short stories and philosophical essays, play piano, compose music, draw, play videogames sometimes and enjoy cooking.

I want a simple life, but I can't see myself growing up doing a shit job for the remaining years of my life. I love what I do, but can't feel accomplished enough to keep going forward. Everyone tell me I'm a genius, yet I can't be satisfied with anything, which give me let downs and feeling awful.

When someone ask me if I'm happy, I never know what to answer; I shouldn't be unhappy by the circonstances, but I still do.
>>
for the first time i'm content
i just turned 21 last month and i was so fuckin' scared and miserable about it, bc i didn't want to be a real grown up
but i'm happy
things are still shitty, life is still kinda lame sometimes, but i finally found what i'm good at and it's crazy.

part of me is disappointed for not pursuing what i originally intended to, like the high school artist in me is calling me a fuckin' stem sellout but i'm so much happier now, getting my shitty stem degree and doing my art on the side

i lost a lot of friends this past year and i'm sad about it a lot
but i've made so many new friends and i still have my best friend in the whole world, and i'm so thankful that she's been with me this whole time.

i have a really great boyfriend and i have really great friends and i finally, finally feel like i'm not totally worthless. i'm doing really well in school, i'm loved, i'm useful, and i'm optimistic. for the first time in at least the last 8 years i am fucking happy and content and i like who i am and i like where i'm at.

it's amazing.
>>
Are you happy
Life is hard and not equal to everyone, will try my best to make me an example for others with problems.
I am not happy at the moment, want to study full time like by can't.

I think I am still to do something with it, it is never easy to carry your studies with work and it gets more worse when you're an indian. Carrying your studies while working is fucking dream here...we don't even have part time jobs that can help us...I want to pursue law and became I movie director I do write sometimes but i fear I will achieve all this.
No, I don't want to work, I want to join theatre and law university but I can't. As a child I loved army but unfortunately my eyes are week and this is anlther dream that will remain as a wish till I die.
WHat are your dreams?
I want to be lawyer, a environmentalist and a movie director , a politician in my 40s..also I want to earn enough so that I can help some others like me.
No, My father has teach me to strike back no matter how hard you have been hit. I will try my level best to make my dreams true.
Turning 21 soon
>>
Things are fine, job is a tad more quiet because Christmas is coming so I can't complain, I barely do anything after lunch. I am happy, yes, even though I've just came from from a breakup.

As for what I'm doing, I'm a soldier in the French Army and yes, I love it, it's even a sorta chick magnet. My dream is to command and for that all I have to do is climb the ranks. And I ain't scared of anything besides aids. :D
>>
Pretty lonely
Not happy
Turned down a 6 fig job offer out of college to work at a startup
Yea
To be rich enough to fund things that matter to me
Yes
>>

Sorry about grammatical errors and spelling mistakes, posting via phone so its hard to review everything.
>>
File: 9VGFfsq.png (14 KB, 562x371) Image search: [Google]
9VGFfsq.png
14 KB, 562x371
>>22976688

Pretty good
yes
I am the sole systems administrator for a decent sized industrial mill. I have full purchasing authority with an assistant and I support 150 users. Just 3 months ago I made an order for 60k of equipment pretty much independently.
I love my job.
I am living the dream.
I am not scared of real life. It's better than anything else has ever been,
>>
>>22979081
I also mine bitcoin with 150 company computers and servers. My mill is the single largest consumer of electricity in the province so nobody even notices if a few extra thousand in electricity is used.
>>
I'm a NEET that plays video games all day and hopes that a bus hits me one day
>>
why not get a real job
>>
>>22978275
You pretty much sum up my situation.

Just switch CS for mech.e.

As for your 'shallow' dream, that should be pretty easy to achieve, especially in a college setting. I'm sure a lot of college girls would volunteer for free even. I probably even would haha.
>>
>>22976688
>I'm optimistic about life and I believe that I will make a difference in my own way
>yes I'm happy
>I'm in my final year of university and working part-time
>I know that I am doing what I love, or I wouldn't be working so hard
>I just dream of getting a job making at least 60k a year..
>I'm not scared of real life. I'm already living it
>>
You're all bored and depressed, wait until you're busy with other peoples' weddings and baby showers and depressed, throw in expectations about getting married and having kids. From everybody. Live and love the boredom. Also when you're 25+ no one at your place of employment will act like they give a shit about your life unless you are attached or with babies. They will leave you out of everything and then you see how bored you are. So you have a good 3ish years left until hell... Enjoy plz.
>>
>>22981691
Go to bed gramps
>>
21 and turning 22 in January.
I don't see much of a purpose to live honestly.
>Are you happy?
I've attempted suicide twice and one was very recent. I don't really feel anything and but I also don't enjoy anything and I'm in a shitty situation in life right now.
I'm living in a shitty trailer with a bunch of guys who grate on me easily, constantly have no food or money, but I can barely make rent so It's something. I'm also doing my best to be an artist.
I believe I'm doing something I loved and I hope when I do great work, I'll love it. Currently doing lewd shit in hopes of commissions but being a lewd artist is not really what I want to be in the long run.
>What are your dreams?
I dream of living alone in a small nice cozy cheap apartment and being a slave to my work. Dating someone would be nice but I'm currently a downer piece of shit with nothing to talk about so I can't ever carry a conversation.
No.
>>
>21
>pretty happy, in college
>study, procrastinate, study, jerk off
>drink on weekends
>no girl, every girl on online dating sites is fat or meth trash where I live
>>
Input/advice is definitely appreciated

>freshly 21
>don't know whether or not to continue community college this coming quarter
>working part time at a country club, $15/hour
>50k saved up, Roth IRA, decent stock portfolio
>seeking a second job
>have a female, but still obsessed with ex despite our ugly and litigious breakup

Life feels pretty damn numb to me. Should I just play it by ear?
>>
I don't know what I want for dinner let alone what I want to do with my life.
>>
>>22976688
22 here,
I'm right where I expected to be when I thought about it at 10 years old.
Not happy, not sad though, just kinda eh.
I'm wasting my life away in my parent's basement after flunking out of college.
I am doing what I love, shitposting on the internet.
I have no dreams.
The things that scare me include
-Dating and hookup culture
-prospects of never finding a suitable woman to marry (not a whore and is christian)
-The economy (The fed raised rates by .25% Wednesday and the price of Oil seems dangerously low)
-Immigrants flooding first world nations
-Terrorists
-family issues
>>
Just turned 22. Went from a super social party guy who always had girls around to more of a introvert. Lost most my party friends. Have a band and recently just moved to a new place to start fresh. I'm not unhappy but feel like it's time to really get my shit fully together and decide what I wanna do in life. I also want to find a good girl. Part of being in the whole party scene is meeting mostly dumb whores and I have a cynical view of women because of it. Want to meet a good smart girl to prove me wrong.
>>
File: 150527_0002.jpg (65 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
150527_0002.jpg
65 KB, 480x640
>22
>the life is good so far
>I could be happier
>part-time job, vidya, live at home
>fuckno.jpeg
>to make badass video games, get paid mountains of cash, make a stable environment for my future family
>not scare of real life, just...kinda living it right now
pic is me at 21
>>
>>22984285
>thinks there is money in making vidya
Aww.

>>22981835
You sound pretty cool, shit should go pretty well for you once you get the financial side together and stop attempting to pull a hero.

>>22979370
Not too bad.
>>
File: 20151218_151439.jpg (459 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
20151218_151439.jpg
459 KB, 1440x1080
Hey guys what is this thing on my vagina?
>>
>>22987646
looks like some extra skin on your clit

I don't know about the tumor looking under bit though. you might want to have that removed, it could be malignant.
>>
>>22981691
lmao your life is shit man. sorry but you need to stop projecting.
>>
Turned 21 a few months ago reporting in.

It is what it is. Good things happen, bad things happen, I am content with it all. Just doing my best and trying not to worry about things that I can't directly affect.

>Are you happy?
I am fine. I wouldn't say I am gleaming of happiness. I have sad and worrisome moments, but mostly I am just in the dead neutral middle.

Attending a top college while interning almost full time, which doesn't allow me to take many school hours, which means I will graduate a year late. I have to intern, because I am on a full self-support and need money to pay for my school, my rent, and my expenses. Hopefully, after an internship at another company this summer (the offer for which I already sign), I will have enough money saved up, so I can attempt to take a lot of school hours next fall and not intern while studying.

I can't think of anything else I would rather do, and a lot of times it is really enjoyable. I have some moments about once a month-two where I get slightly burned out, but it usually goes away in a couple of days tops.

>What are your dreams?
Become really good at what I do, make my dad proud, and become good at my side hobbies (music mostly).

I am living the real life pretty much. The only change that will happen when I graduate, is that I will just have more money and free time in my pocket, so it is all going uphill from now, which I am totally looking forward to.
>>
>>22984690
>>thinks there is money in making vidya

There is plenty, especially compared to other non-CS/STEM careers. However, you are correct that it won't make you rich (especially compared to non-vidya CS/dev jobs), and work-life balance in vidya industry is totally out of whack
>>
>>22976688
Just having enough income to sustain myself so I can focus on teaching myself in my free time. Having a girlfriend, training my body/mind/soul every day and improving.
No
I'm in a lot of debt after not being able to pay my bills after screwing up my wrists and being unable to work. I'm moving in with my mom in a new city until I get back up on my feet.
not completely, I read/write/draw/game every day and even though I can only use one wrist right now I'm still able to work a little bit...
To create vidya/comics/music, learn carpentry and how to forge
>>
Bleak. I'm about to finish school next semester so I should be happy, but with how the state of the world is....it's hard to. I want to be able to just live my own life without worrying about others infringing on it, but PC culture and anti-PC culture just makes every one so fucking touchy-feeling and like they're beating around the bush with everything. The only issues that actually get addressed are the ones that are seen as fashionable/trendy.
>Are you happy?
No.
Nothing, finishing school and working 40 hours a week.
Not even close.
>WHat are your dreams?
To finish recording a record/LP. I have two songs written.
Nope, I'm going to be frank and say I've probably seen more shit/experienced the harsher sides of "real life" than most of the people within my age group.

It's shit, but nothing to be afraid of.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.