[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who the fuck else have god awful dark circles is there a method,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12
File: IMG_1450238664781-1196158731.jpg (502 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1450238664781-1196158731.jpg
502 KB, 1440x2560
who the fuck else have god awful dark circles

is there a method, other than cosmetics, to reduce this bullshit

i can't apply makeup for shit
>>
File: Jan25190.jpg (94 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Jan25190.jpg
94 KB, 640x480
>>22975967
I too have dark circles, and always have ever since I was born pretty much.

You will never be able to get rid of the sunken-in look as that is genetics due to lower cheekbones and simply because...well, it's how your bone structure is. You have to accept that now, it took me a long time and lots of trial/error attempts (all unsuccessful) to remove darkness when I realized a lot of the "darkness" was the thinness of the lower eye skin along with bang shadows that occurred in pictures/fluorescent light settings and simply my sunken in facial features.

As you can see here, even in nice lighting before I had bangs as a little girl I still had dark circles. I am sure it will be somewhat similar for you. It sucks but the way our faces are shaped, we will always have them.

The GOOD thing is it is not as noticeable as we probably think it is. I'd take a look at your parents, they most likely have the same eye circles (both of mine do) and I am sure you do not notice it on them really either. Lots of people have them, some more prominent than others. It's part of the face.

NOW for the darkness, which it seems you only have a teeny bit of (seriously ,put your finger over the lines in this picture that make the circle shape and look at the color: barely different.) I'd suggest: changing hairstyles (bangs cast a dark shadow on the face making those circles look darker), getting more sleep, eating healthy and exercise. Makes a huge difference.

Also learning how to use concealer is a pain but for formal events it does help a ton. I hope one day you learn to love and embrace your circles as part of you and realize that you are beautiful, eye circles and all. :3
>>
>>22975967

Tomoko circles are qt.

But I don't think there's a real method to it besides hiding them with cosmetics.

Or just getting enough sleep and sunlight.
>>
>>22976067
As for me now, I would post some photos but honestly I don't really have any pictures that truly show them.

Right now is an exception since I just moved to Spain and am under a lot of stress, but as I grew older I learned how to reduce the darkness and hide my circles.

I slept a healthy amount. I used to have severe issues with oversleeping (12-16 hours a day) or undersleeping (playing vidya all night and then going to bed at 0300 when I had to get ready for school at 0625) however developing a set routine and finding out my reasons for poor sleeping habits helped. Keeping the laptop off and getting a dim lamp (no shame, scared of the dark, it's also pretty common) helped loads.

I started eating better, I still eat pretty terribly but I've learned that not everything has to be super gross. Hummus and tortilla chips are great, so are red apples with cinnamon. Greek food is pretty light and healthy. I used to be severely underweight (~103 lbs). Now I'm a healthy weight (~125 lbs) and being both underweight or overweight both affect dem circles. Once you feel better and are healthier, your skin reflects it.

I started lifting and felt REALLY great during, I looked like I was glowing and while my circles have never gone away, they were lighter and less noticeable during that time period. Less facial fat and better health = less circles and better color of them. Pic related is a picture with ZERO MAKEUP in good lighting to show what I looked like in the face when I was working out. Ofc I only did it for ~6 months but hey, it helped.

Lastly of course makeup works well to get rid of the color, but again foundation won't magically make your circles disappear, it'll just make them the same color. Gotta have realistic expectations with makeup.

Hopefully that helped OP, just remember your circles will be with you forever and they love you unconditionally, don't feel bad about them.

>>22976072
Yes, also sunlight. My circles are worse if I don't go outside.
>>
File: Zhuge.jpg (495 KB, 574x900) Image search: [Google]
Zhuge.jpg
495 KB, 574x900
>>22976119
Potato girl, cheeks so full
awful dark circles
makes you blue
>>
Mine are worse OP, damn genetics.
All I can recommend is lots of water, moisturiser, sleep, crying and Mac concealer
>>
>>22975967
your face is shit
I have them but my face is godlike so I get chicks easy
kill yourself basicaly
>>
>>22976072
that's the thing, i work overnights at a hospital, so i'm stuck in a literal plastic cube at work for 12 hours overnight, and sleep all day. i only am awake during nights

>>22976119
my mom had large bags under her eyes, but not circles. negative on dad, too. my brother has subtle ones, but not as noticeable.

sleeping is a huge issue like i stated above, i work from 7pm until 7 am, and sleep during daylight. i also live in canada so we lose sunlight at about 5 pm in the winter, which is when i'm waking up for work.

i eat pretty good, but usually only two meals a day. i guess my only excercise is the 4 miles walk to/from work each day that i work.

>>22976137
get your rudey poo ass outta here fella
>>
Sad girls,
Why so gloom?
Eyes like raccoon.
>>
>>22976160
i'm getting married in 3 weeks so i'm good without getting chicks

but congratulations on getting your dick wet, anon
>>
>>22976162
You are jealous because beautiful verse was not for you.
>>
>>22976137
Holy fuck, I should not be laughing this hard
>>
You're still cute
>>
>>22976137
lmao you never stop with those third degree burns. ;_; I am a happy person even with my circles and they are beautiful and a part of what makes me, me.

>>22976162
All of those things combined are what's causing it then. It's kinda ridiculous that you're working 4 hours overtime every day and that seems severely illegal but maybe I am just too much of a Freedomlander. Anyways the best thing you can do right now while you are in a situation with inflexible hours, no real free time for lifts and working the night shift, is accept your circles and/or learn how to apply makeup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2MqU1DW0PQ this girl explains it really well, it works for any skin color/type. Just gotta find a foundation that is the color of your skin and then a concealer that is one shade lighter
>>
>>22976230
i wrote beautiful verse for you and you are not happy?
>>
>>22976232
It made me laugh uncontrollable and I am always happy! It was still a burn though. A beautiful, clever one, yes.
>>
File: lu bu.png (371 KB, 294x511) Image search: [Google]
lu bu.png
371 KB, 294x511
>>22976234
A potato ireland country grown
her beauty stuck me and made swoon
the wind her hair, blown
>Im losing my touch
>>
>>22976248
>struck
fuck im really bad, back to the desk i go.
>>
>>22976230
thanks but i s'pose i'll deal because i really cannot/do not want to put effort and money into makeup
>>
>>22976248
>>22976256
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=001VqAwIDn0 for your valiant efforts in this thread, I give you a love song.

Thanks for the art, dear.

>>22976290
Welp. /thread then I guess?
>>
>>22976316
Im starting to like you because of this.
>>
I've heard like potato slices(kind of how they do cucumber mask) under your eyes might help? Or lemon juice but that usually gets rid of acne scaring and freckles..
Could also look into Japanese whitening face mask to brighten maybe,
>>
the permanent deep ones run in my family
sometimes i get purple/red shadow and darken them ...
go hard or go home
>>
>>22976340
i use facial masks and it makes my skin really smooth on my face but doesn't do much. i know there are serums and stuff but it's moreso for bags then the dark circles. it's also super expensive and i just don't have the finances to afford it. i guess the only thing i can really do is cover it up with makeup? i usually wear glasses so it kinda makes them look worse at times. oh well. i'll just be spooky
>>
>>22976441
Concealers or highlighters are the go to for dark circles. Something to even out the skin tone or make it appear brighter.
>>
>>22976441
Be my spooky waifu pls
>>
>>22976067
Tl;dr
Post moar loli self
>>
File: BCimg_20151215_1.jpg (558 KB, 720x1279) Image search: [Google]
BCimg_20151215_1.jpg
558 KB, 720x1279
I belong here
>>
>>22976752

beautiful, even with the circles
>>
>>22976866
Thank you. I was having a really bad day when I took that as you can see. It's a terrible picture.

Just a thought, ever reckon they could be health related?
>>
>>22977018
I have them, my dad had them, my grandparents both had them and my brpther has them.
I think its genetic.
>>
>>22977049
Yeah you're right about it being genetic. When I look at my mom and see them I just think oh shit. That's coming for me. It sucks that there is no escape
>>
>>22975967
Fuck me, Hilary, is that you?
>>
File: IMG_20151217_011852.jpg (93 KB, 761x413) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151217_011852.jpg
93 KB, 761x413
I know that feel
I'm just starting to accept them now, before I was even ashamed to go out
>>
>>22977123

I love circles like that though, gives the impression of a thoughtful, diligent person. I always have had so much stronger a desire to get to know and exert intellectually with a girl that has circles. It's not universal, but usually true.
>>
File: snapshot(6).jpg (27 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
snapshot(6).jpg
27 KB, 640x480
I have deep tear wells, not necessarily dark circles, and I cover them by using bare minerals "well-rested" concealer stick AND powder in an inverted triangle shape under my eyes. It doesn't 100% hide them but it makes them much less noticeable. I also generally wear round glasses that hide the harsh line.

Only other real option is injections.

Here's a side-by-side comparison, left is with makeup, right without.
>>
>>22977962

I'm not joking when I say I think women are so attractive with circles/bags. Left seriously looks better to me, right is very clean and cute, but left isn't missing any of that but there's that element of depth of character.
>>
>>22977962
I mean, switch that. Left without, right with
>>
>>22977980
It starts to get old after a while when people think you're tired all the time. When I was a kid everyone called me Raccoon.

I usually wear a lot more makeup than what I have on in that pic anyway, including highlight/contour and stuff to make my face look clean and neat while still being visually interesting.
>>
>>22976752
Holy fuck, those things are intense.

It adds character
>>
>>22977984

I figured. Plus there's the matter of the observer and observed perspective being flipped.

>>22978000

I wouldn't stop you from covering it up, but at night, exhausted and needing only each others company I'd want to see those philosophers eyes.
>>
Sup kek, why'd you and asshoole leave us? Too much bantz?
>>
>>22978000
Be my racoon waifu pls
>>
>>22976752
I would marry you instantly.
>>
>>22975967

You clearly wear glasses a lot, you're not going to reduce them without cosmetics while that continues.
>>
File: compare.jpg (73 KB, 632x422) Image search: [Google]
compare.jpg
73 KB, 632x422
>>22975967
Hate to say it but if it's genetic like mine, cosmetics are the best way. Go to walmart and get a real techniques blending sponge, maybelline coverstick in yellow, a nyx hd concealer in whatever shade matches your skin. Then put on the coverstick all over your entire circle, put the nyx on top of that, and the dampen the sponge and dab the product into your skin. It's crazy easy and after trying every concealer out there, high and low end, this works best for me

Of course sleeping well and stay hydrated and healthy will also help, but as far as any treatments or anything of that sort, nothing has worked for me.

>Pic related, make up vs no make up
>>
>>22978758
you literally look better with no makeup
>>
>>22976752
hi sheEggman!
>>
>>22978771
i normally dont do it like the right but it's the best lit picture i have and i wanted to show how well it conceals the circles
>>
>>22978792
I prefer the circles
>>
File: crosseyes.jpg (281 KB, 1199x899) Image search: [Google]
crosseyes.jpg
281 KB, 1199x899
eye circles you say?
>>
oh man oh man
t.b.h i'm kinda into my dark circles
i still wear makeup but i've never made much of an effort to conceal them
i honestly sorta dig looking really spooky and sleepy, i like to imagine i'm a character in a junji ito universe

however, in terms of makeup, the best i've found is the nyx eyeliner stick in milk with maybelline's fit me concealer, it's mad creamy and if you use it in like a triangular shape under your eyes and then use a shitty knockoff beauty blender from target for like $5 it looks great, just set it with an under-eye powder. the one from elf works really well and it's super cheap. that's the only combo i've found that works well for me, altho i have super dry skin so take that into account!!

but honestly i would say just go with it, i really like my lil dumb purple under-eyes, they're all fuckin sallow and x-tan lookin, but i feel it if you don't like yours, i hope my makeup-ing helped~ <3 the only other suggestion i can give is the obvious stay hydrated, be gentle to your skin, moisturize like a motherfucker, and also i've found that when i'm slightly tanner they go away, it's just when i'm a lil ghost girl they show up really stark
>>
>>22978673
well yeah i always wear glasses. my vision is horrible. i can't get contacts that will be as strong as my prescription so i'm kinda doomed to glasses for life
>>
>>22978993

I'm in the same boat and have the same shitty eye circles - the glasses do a reasonable job concealing them so I promise you nobody cares in day to day life.
>>
I have em really bad. But I am a guy so I really don't care, surprisingly the only person who's said something about it is my mother.
>>
I love em on girls. Like it adds character to their eyes.
I have them myself but my glasses cover them.
>>
File: Picture 403.jpg (418 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Picture 403.jpg
418 KB, 1920x1080
I've got some pretty bad dark circles, they don't look as bad here.
>>
File: 1450296830455_edit.jpg (396 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
1450296830455_edit.jpg
396 KB, 1440x2560
>>22975967
Learn to take better pictures. Use cosmetics, or get fat injected underneath your eyes.
>>
>>22975967
reduce stress/anxiety, drink enough water, get good quality sleep, eat healthy, take some vitamins, eg hair skin and nails. don't smoke. use a strengthening skin cream for thicker skin
>>
I cover my dark circles(more like blue) with a bit of pink blush, that makes it look less obvious and kinda cute.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.