[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can we have a sad thread? sad boyz and girlz only please why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8
File: online-depression-test.jpg (42 KB, 500x571) Image search: [Google]
online-depression-test.jpg
42 KB, 500x571
can we have a sad thread?

sad boyz and girlz only please

why are you sad?
>>
I'm someone who has been through pretty severe depression with a hint of thought disorder. I would be happy to provide what little advice I can. Or I can be just a person to listen to your problems. Either ITT or on skype or kik.
>>
>>24004843
Can you help me? I feel depressed as fuck but really, I don't know why. I just turned 21, I'm in college and have a job. Yet I'm depressed. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
>>
>>24004784
tfw depressed autist
>>
>>24004843
Well, I guess the best thing I could ask would be how you got out of your depressed state and where you are now
>>
>>24004895
Doy you like your job? Are you studying something that interests you? How is your social life? I need to know more. I started college straight out of high school, with no real direction or interest or social network of support which led to me feeling very isolated and out of place.
>>24004919
I found a psychiatrist and started to go to a therapist. Psych. got me started on some medication which helped a little bit, and therapist started helping me cope with my social anxiety and behavioral therapy. I know this is not available/affordable to everyone but it's what helped me. I am now 24, stable mentally and emotionally, and ready to go back to community college to pursue a degree in computer science.
>>
>>24004784
>no I can't just get over it
Yes you can you fucktard. Unless you choose not to. Which you do. So I guess you can't get over it. But it's your fucking choice so stop fucking crying about it. And stop fucking taking drugs for it if you do, they just make it worse. Faggots.
>>
>>24004939
I'm pretty happy with my job and working towards to a CS degree I like. Don't have a social or love life. Too busy with school and work really.
>>
Crippling social anxiety mostly.
>>
>>24004784
My whole life is a giant fuck up one shitty life altering experience to the next, I have had nothing but extreme stress for so many years now, I almost feel like I am never meant to succeed at anything, all the loss and unfairness is making me so depressed and angry? I'm so tired of it
>>
no friends, my entire family is dead or estranged, live alone, poor, nobody ever comes to visit and nobody ever calls me

being a permavirgin is just the icing on the cake
>>
>>24004784
The girl I care about more than anything doesn't trust me and is distancing herself from me to avoid getting hurt, hurting me in the process.
>>
>>24004969
Do you desire a love/ social life? Doesn't matter either way, just has to be something you're okay with.(Could be many things). If you're okay with most things in your live and still feel depressed, I recommend seeing a professional. They can help more than I can. They are far more educated than I. Many colleges have a mental health counseling program included in the student health package, I recommend going to them first as it is usually more affordable.
>>
>>24005035

A guy did that to me it was devastating. Anything I did to reach out just made things worse.
>>
8 months

8 fucking months, and I still can't get over her

I keep going to the gym, but I'm so demoralized that my former favorite activity now feels like a burden, and I'm getting out of shape as a result. I have lost all interest in my hobbies. I tried hanging out with friends, but it doesn't help. I talked to so many girls that I lost count. I quit my job, moved towns, got a new job, became a workolic, nothing fucking helps.

I feel like blowing my fucking brains out.
>>
>>24004784

I guess you can say I'm sad because I loved someone who I thought loved me too.

It's been months and I still can't get him out of my head.
>>
>>24005035
>>24005053
>>24005064
It's okay to feel down. Only if the bad feeling lasts unusually long and turns to thoughts of suicide should you seek help. I am not that experienced in relationships so I cannot offer too much advice.
>>
>>24005049
Well yea, I do. I have friends but I barely talk to them. I want a QT but feel like I'm inadequate for any of them. I go on tinder and think I can't get any of the QTs on there so I don't even try. I talk to the girls at school and think the same thing.
>>
The man who proposed to me left me when his mommy and daddy didn't like the thought of their baby boy getting married.

Basically I'm sad because I was thrown away without even a second thought and it fucking hurts.
>>
>>24005100
You need to build confidence. That can be many things, getting in shape, learning a skill. Also, try to interact with your friends more, being around people you like will usually make you more socially comfortable. I'm working on losing weight and getting fit right now, even though I'm still a fat fuck my confidence has greatly increased. And fortunately(or unfortunately, depends how you look at it) confidence is a big player in social interactions.
>>
>>24005058
same dude
>be me
>meet my dream person
>like before i met them did not think it was possible for one person to be all of the things i loved about people
>begin an intensely emotional love affair
>suddenly doesn't want to see me anymore
>tell them how i feel about them
>"i did feel that way about you, but i don't anymore"
>y not tho
>"no reason"
>hella depressed for months
>kinda date other people but don't get emotionally involved with anyone else
>lose interest in getting to know people
>lose interest in physical intimacy
>lose interest in sex
>friends sick of my bullshit so stop talking to them about it
>six months later they hit me up
>misses me, wants to see me
>know this won't end well, go anyway because i miss them so much
>have a lovely night together
>ghosts me
>that was three months ago
>more fucked up than ever
>become ice cold bitch
>start feeling whenever i start drinking
>sob uncontrollably for hours until i fall asleep about them
>moving to a dope new city
>have a new job that pays great, a cheap ass fuck place to live with awesome people
>friends that care about me
>still can't stop thinking about them
>tell them i'm moving and say i want to see them
>one week later, "i'm down"
>tell them when i'm leaving and what other plans i have, ask them when is good for them
>never responds
>moving in two days
>>
>>24005058
>>24005178
I feel I should mention that I still feel things for my ex of 6 years ago. I think that some people, you never forget, for better or worse.
>>
>>24004895
the people around us have taught that material objects will lead to happiness.
as mark rudov puts it "anyone who's unhappy, it's their own fault"
only you can make yourself happy, find out what you're passionate about.
i'm on medication and see a therapist but ultimately it comes to the decisions i make every day where i find satisfaction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woOdODN8u5M
>>
I'm also pretty drunk. Hence the spelling/grammatical mistakes. I'll keep this thread open and answer anything I possibly can, once I've sobered up a bit, even if I can only contribute a small bit.
>>
>>24005222
this is way beyond just "feeling things"
i literally cannot form a relationship with another person
i have literally disconnected from my emotions
i only feel things when drinking, and then it's so intense i can't stop crying until i literally pass out
>>
Get over it you stupid fucking pansy bitches. Your problems aren't problems. You're just weak queers that need to stop trying to draw attention to themselves needlessly.
>>
about to switch meds again... what has everybody tried?

me: lexapro, cymbalta, fetzima, and viibryd. coming off viibryd right now and it's a nightmare. hoping the next one works :)
>>
I'm sad because of having multiple health issues. They along with birth control are causing me to gain weight. Which the bc is mostly water weight but it still sucks

I mean i'm going to be homeless soon because i'm between jobs and looking to start over again, but i've dealt with it before. I'm more concerned about the weight gain.

It's mainly due to very high cortisol levels cuz I always feel sick and run down and am stressed constantly. It pisses me off because most people can just stop eating as much and lose, or cut soda or something stupid like that. It isn't that simple for me. I have to walk/run (mostly walk) 4+ miles daily and exercise throughout the day before I get anywhere. Shit sucks. I also have mixed and rapid-cycling bi-polar but it's pretty easily managed nowadays
>>
>>24005546
watch a video on ECT
i am on prozac but it's useless to think medicine like neurotransmitter re uptake inhibitors are a happy drug. if you want something, get out there and get it
>>
This is my last summer before college and I'm lonely as fuck. My friends aren't my real friends and are too busy with each other. I've tried Kik and Snapchat but people just get my pics and stop talking/delete their account afterwards. I know I'm being used for them, but I keep doing for the very basic conversation and slight attention I get out of it.

TLDR:Fuck low self esteem, guy btw.
>>
>>24005602
fetzima was actually perfect but my insurance stopped covering it. viibryd was also amazing but i can't take the side effects. i'm optimistic about finding something affordable that works.

have you tried ect? i've never even considered it
>>
For the last 2 years I tried to get over a girl I chased across the world. About 2 weeks ago we started talking again. Recent events had led us to talk again, and ever since we've talked all night.

She finally said "I love you" back. Senpai actually noticed me. She even wants to come start a life with me.

Except last year I contracted HIV from my rebound relationship. Over a year of battling this on my own I've developed PTSD. The recent events that brought us together involved me telling her to get tested, and praying to every divine being conceived that she tested negative.

She did.

We can't be together for a long list of reasons and I know she can do better than a poisonous psychotic, so I pushed her away. I hope she finds the person she deserves and has a beautiful life.
>>
>>24004945
kys
>>
>>24005640
ect is a last resort thing that is sometimes effective

i would come up with a plan for what you will do if/once the medicine starts to work
>>
sad girl because i hate the way i look and i have barely any friends these days
>>
sad boy because foreveralone kissless virgin, mess mentally and unnattractive physically, barely any friends and the ones I make often abandon me or fuck me over, just want to feel loved and like I matter, want a cute girl to cuddle and hold hands with
>>
no friends at all, coworker i have a hard crush on is leaving soon and i haven't had a crush like this in a fucking decade in a half, feels bad man
>>
I have a boyfriend, he sweet, kind, and wonderful, but I just don't love him. I mean I care about him, but can't see myself being happy with him. I want to move on, and explore but I'm terrified that he'll hurt himself if I leave him. He already threatened to kill himself during an argument before.

By all means, I'm the best boyfriend he's ever had, but I'm not sure we're right for each other.
>>
>>24005875
Damn... I don't have relationship experience, but I can say that as much as you care about someone and want to protect them, you have to decide whether it's more important than your own happiness and well-being. You can't always save people from themselves
>>
>>24005763
aesthetics are like tattoos, something permanent for something temporary.
friends are everywhere but i know what you mean. i dislike making the effort to try to make new friends
>>
>>24005763
Want a friend?
>>
I catch sad feels randomly, sometimes they are attached to memories or thoughts, but a lot of the time it's just random feelings of sadness that I feel like a drug is entering my bloodstream..

I'm a wannabe psych, so I can do the tango if you wanna mango, zango.

Skype is lildaddycandy or just chat here
>>
>>24004784
I work nights. All my friends are in different parts of the country or just don't want to hang out. I hate my roommate and I can't meet new people. I've never had a real relationship and I'm getting older.

Anyone I talk to gives me the same "don't give up hope" and "you have to stay positive" advice but that's easy when you already have a happy and comfortable life. I'm sad and it gets worse everyday.

Every time I try to make a change in my life for the better it just ends up getting worse. Every year I'm with fewer and fewer people in my life and now I'm almost completely alone. If I didn't have to work I could go days without saying a thing.

But it's mostly about love, or the extreme lack of it in my life. It makes me feel like there's something extremely wrong with me, beyond being unattractive since even ugly people get together. And it's not like I have super high standards either. It's just really hard for me to connect with anyone, I guess.
>>
File: IMG_0527.gif (866 KB, 153x114) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0527.gif
866 KB, 153x114
Dumb motherfuckas. You only live once better make it count
>>
File: 1466931147134.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466931147134.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
>>24006172
only cool dude in here
>>
>>24006264
Maybe we should just stop being sad, then we could be cool dudes too.
>>
File: 1467373968536.jpg (109 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
1467373968536.jpg
109 KB, 500x475
>>24006309
definitely, and seek some mental health help too while you're at it
>>
File: piikki-copy.jpg (2 MB, 2926x1945) Image search: [Google]
piikki-copy.jpg
2 MB, 2926x1945
Diagnosed with clinical depression and alcoholism. Living in this shit isn't helping at all
>>
>>24004784
Hey OP depression and sadness arent the same thing.
>>
>>24004945
thanks for the advice and caring, however your views are retarded. suck my moms dick
>>
>>24006475
Don't take the bait. That kind of 'advice' is the equivalent of a person on dry land telling a person in a lake to stop drowning. The person on land isn't drowning, so why should the other person be?
>>
>>24004784
>Sad
why?
>never been happy
>>
>>24006264
>>24006309
I'm diagnosed major depressive
I treat it and I fucking live because I'm not going to die regretting the fact that I spent the majority of my life in a self-absorbed stupor whining about how this or that isn't my way.
>>
>>24006835
>>diagnosed major depressive
I can tell that you're not because for some, this is the only outlet they have. It isn't for attention or self pity, nobody posts their faces so someone can compliment them. I talk about my issues anonymously because no one else will listen. There is no singular solution for depression. Sometimes things just continue to suck no matter how hard we try to make them better.

In short, jump up your own ass. There's always at least one of you in any thread like this.
>>
>>24006864
If you want to waste your life go ahead. Treatment takes action and acquiring happiness does as well. I also know that my depression stemmed from my self-centeredness so I stopped thinking about myself so much. I started helping others and focusing on what I have rather than what I don't. Granted that's after psychotherapy and medication which I continue.

Most of what people say is bullshit. What people do is what counts. So share your nonsense to strangers and get nonsense advice.
>>
>>24004784
My professional life is unfulfilling and I still not over my breakup which was a good four months ago now. Pls halp
>>
File: download (2).jpg (8 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
8 KB, 223x226
I am bored too bored
>>
>>24006864
Odds say that you whine on threads and not in real life because people keep telling you that you just want attention and self-pity.
>>
>>24004843
skype please?
>>
File: 2016-04-28 05.45.04.png (538 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-28 05.45.04.png
538 KB, 1920x1080
Depressed as fuck since I was 12, can't feel happiness at all. I'm lonely as fuck and haven't felt the warmth of a girl for over a decade, I'm disgusting as hell and I'm sure I'm just gonna die alone. I have 0 confidence and self esteem. I'm short, have a small dick and started balding. I'm 26 and my life is basically over without doing anything fun while my peers were having the time of their lives I was working to support my bankrupt family. Life is a fucking meme, I fucking hate this shit why couldn't I just be a tall big dicked Chad with rich parents so I could enjoy life too?
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.