[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Instead of getting constructive critisism i got shat and spi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: YouTube-avatar-generic-6.png (49 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
YouTube-avatar-generic-6.png
49 KB, 1024x1024
Instead of getting constructive critisism i got shat and spitted on :(

im kinda new to youtube and ive always wondered what makes a channel so great?

please ill take any tips on how to become a better youtuber...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KItxyJuZJXg
>>
>>24001887
Live stream killing yourself.
>>
>>24001908
Even if did i'd still wont have viewsvor subs :(
>>
Well first thing's first, your mic cut very sharply and hurts my ears, it just sounds very bad. Not necessarily that the quality is bad but I would recommend using a calmer tone of voice and definitely move the mic away from your mouth (not sarcastic). Secondly you sound a lot like you're reading from a script. Big mistake. Just talk from the heart and from your mind. It'll flow more naturally and you'll sound smarter because people can tell you're reading from a script other than that, maybe add in funny little off moments here and there because even though people want a review, they don't want to be lectured and ultimately are watching for their own enjoyment- so make it enjoyable. Now this isn't to say make a clown of yourself and overdo it (in my opinion this is even worse). But if you follow these basic rules you will see a dramatic increase in positive reactions to your channel and ultimately more viewers. Good luck
>>
>>24001887
Don't do an intro. Sure its fine for large youtubers because they are seen as a show. The weird forced humor at the start makes me feel really awkward. Your mic keeps overmodulating and thats completely unacceptable. The weird cheesy canned music is awful and I would much rather have watched or heard the game itself while you talked instead of that.

The beginning of you talking or whatever in the video should convey how you feel about the game and you seem unexcited like youre reading a report. It feels really unorganic. You also have to read for your audience. A better intro for example would of been something short and simple. "This is a review of Doom and Doom is not for babies!" And then animate a baby being thrown at the warning screen or something and smashing into it and making a bloody impact noise. People are playing doom because they like to kill monsters and want to hear from an pretty cool guy who reviews games who doesnt afraid of anything.

You never want to read from a script. It is very very difficult and you need to know how to sound in each part and all that memorization is extremely difficult to do. Its much better to use trigger words and let yourself talk passionately. You can do it in segments until youre comfortable doing it all at once or just keep the segments. Any time you are going to do a reading like this, you want to practice at least 20 times so your brain gets in the flow and knows where to go after each subject. Think of it like a pitcher throwing 20 pitches as a warmup before he actually starts next inning. Youd use the list to jumpstart your memory if you get lost as your talking.

The list id use for this video would be something like:

dead babies
spacemarine badass
kill all the doodz
amazing gorey graphics
fun hidden stuff
talk about old doom
ramble about drugs
>>
https://clyp.it/fue2ehup
This would be how Id review it in my weird retarded rambling manic depressive style for example. So here i've kind of laid out a basic structure of what I want to say and Id have this to work with and once I had this kind of speech together in my head practicing a bunch, I would then try and watch my video as I said my speech over it and learned the timings of it. Then id try and accent words in my speech so it empathized or timed better with the video. Then youd end up with a polished time-synced version of that. Then as you get better, you'll be able to do more and more of this stuff yourself in real-time instead of step by step because you'll have trained your brain to be able to speak in this type of speech structure.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.