[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I going bald. I'm only 18 and really scared of going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (709 KB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
709 KB, 2576x1932
Am I going bald. I'm only 18 and really scared of going bald. For reference my dad is bald and everyone on my dad's side are all bald. In contrast, my moms side everyone has a full head of hair. I have always had more of my moms traits but I am still deeply concerned because of my dads baldness (what girl finds baldness attractive!?). Any advice and observations are welcome.
>>
It will be okay. Think of all the money you'll save not having to purchase hair products.

Lots of girls love bald guys. Just make sure you have some kind of facial hair so you don't look sickly.
>>
My boyfriend is 21 and has a pretty heavily receding hairline (much more-so than yours) and I still think he's a babe. A lot of girls dig bald guys as well. If you're super worried I'd try to take very good care of your hair. I recommend coconut oil put right through and left for a half hour and washed out twice a week. Doing that keeps my (long and heat abused) hair very healthy.
>>
Baldness genes are passed along the female line. Your hair might recede a bit, but if your mother's side isn't thin-haired/bald you should be fine.

also don't wear hats all the fucking time.
>>
>>24001883
Honestly looks fine dude.
>>
>>24001883
as someone who went bald at 21, i feels.

if it reaches the point of looking less like short hair and more like baldness, shave it and keep it off. it looks horrible on us younger lads.

also, male pattern baldness seems to have 10% chance in teens, 20% chance in 20s, 30% chance in 40s etc etc, and is all thanks to your mothers genes
>>
JUST
>>
GET ON DUTASTERIDE BEFORE YOU GO BALD
>>
>>24001883

desu i think it will end like this
so no complete bald head just a
receding hairline which is pretty common
>>
>>24001883
22 year old here, balding since the age of 18.
Finasteride is the only med that can stop and even regrow it after months of using. However, you can only delay balding, cant cure it. Read about genetic male balding and DHT.

Personally, I tried fin for 2 weeks then stopped because of the sides. Lowering your DHT by 70-90% and gambling on possible side effects is just not worth for me.

>>24002186
Don't listen to this guy. Dutasteride has even more serious sides
>>
>>24002615
how did u make peace with the fact u are gonna be bald?
>>
>>24002618

Not gonna lie, it wasn't easy first. But then again, I imagined myself having ED problems and that shit is a lot more worse. Most men (and even some women) will start balding in their 30s anyway. Just go and take a walk. If you look for it, you will find a lot of people with balding and receding hairline. You just don't pay attention for such thing normally.

I still have hair though, work out and do what I can to look good. Meeting people was never a problem because of this, the biggest issue was the mental part, accepting and getting over it.
>>
>>24002644
OP needs to follow these wise words
>>
Your hairline starts receding during puberty so everyone's is doing it
>>
>>24001883
you might, your hair is getting thinner at least.

grow a beard if you can, work out, take care of yourself, dress sharp etc

every human is a complete package, one detail won't mess everything up, the reason one detail mess up for people is because it make them give up and not do anything because "its not worth it" and then they use the self fulfilling prophecy that follows such useless attitude as justification for their misery while ignoring people who are their spitting image who gain great success with the same weight on their shoulder.

In my experience the most limiting thing about peoples looks are how it make them view themselves
>>
Shallow 20 year olds generally don't like baldness, though some girls truly don't care. As you get older, it's less of an issue. If some bitch doesn't like you because you're bald, who cares? If one won't date you, another one will.

As a rule of thumb, there's a rough correlation from the 20s onwards about the percentage of men who show some degree hairless. IN the 20s, 20%, in the 30s, 30%, etc...

I was teased (well, mostly just friendly banter from friends) a lot when I was a teenager because I had (still have) somewhat thin hair along the 'part' lines (more so on the left side) and the back of my head. I think it's just that my individual hairs are thin, and because they're wavy, can 'clump' together in certain ways.

Anyway, some said I'd go bald young. Well, I'm 32 now and I've still got a full head of hair, no receding hairlines at all! I may still go thinner, sure, but the funny thing is that some of these same guys who'd give me banter for going bald are themselves NOTICEABLY bald. Half a head of hair, very thinned out crowns, etc. kek.
>>
>>24001883
you need to buy a peluca pendejo
>>
>>24001883
Don't sweat it, pal. My hairline started receding back when I was 18; I am 21 now and it seems to have stopped.
Maybe it's a hormonal imbalance or your diet isn't as good as it should be
>>
Shave that shit and rock the beard & bald look.
>>
File: 20160620_134449.jpg (238 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
20160620_134449.jpg
238 KB, 720x1280
I'm 26 years old and bald since 23. ;-;
>>
Suck it up. Unless yer ugly or yer head is shaped like a peanut... who gives a fuck. Yer a man. Shave it & act like 1
>>
>>24003125

If you're gonna rock the bic look, you need to get a tan and some character. Right now it looks awkward.
>>
Shave your head and look badass.
>>
>>24001959
WRONG
>>
>>24002107
WRONG

Such a fucking myth. Fucks sake do some proper research you idiots.
>>
>>24001959
>>24002107

"It is well known in the medical community that pattern hair loss is inherited in a complex fashion with paternal as well as maternal influence..."
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.