[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/METAL/ Metal Thread! What do you do in the metal thread? Why,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: METAL THREAD.jpg (70 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
METAL THREAD.jpg
70 KB, 500x375
/METAL/
Metal Thread!

What do you do in the metal thread? Why, for example you can:
>post songs
>discuss bands
>ask for recommendations
>promote your own/local music
>chat with each other
>post pics of yourself
>post pics of sweet metal album art
Drop youtube links of the songs you mention, if you can. Please. That would be cool.

Here are some questions you can answer if you want to, feel free to skip any:
>A/S/L:
>Long hair?
>Three bands you've listened to a lot recently (metal or otherwise)?
>What metal subgenres are you most into at the moment?
>What's your favorite live performance that you've witnessed?
>Use this one to pretend I just asked you about something you want to tell us about
>>
File: venom-welcome_to_hell.jpg (30 KB, 614x461) Image search: [Google]
venom-welcome_to_hell.jpg
30 KB, 614x461
Are you into black metal? Have you always wanted to check out Venom who influenced all those early bands but you couldn't handle the low production quality and rawness of their speed metal? Have no fear, The Melvins are here! This cover of Venom's 'In League With Satan' is faithful to the original while being slightly more approachable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFukyBA98Cg

>Look out! Beware! When the full moon's high 'n' bright!
>>
>23/M/Denmark
>of course
>King Diamond(Gonna see him at Copenhell soon!), Darkthrone (always loved them, but I've been listening to them a lot recently, both their old and new stuff) and Perturbator (electronic music)
>80's metal, black metal, shoegaze/post metal
>can't really tell for sure... Possibly Iron Maiden at their somewhere back in time tour, Dimmu Borgir on Wacken with symphony, Skálmöld on Eistnaflug in 2013... So many others worth mentionning, I honestly can't tell which is my favourite
>goats are like mushrooms. If you shoot a duck, I'm afraid of toasters

Also, posting some alcest because I can't wait to see them om Wacken this year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-kW-rxzJ_0
>>
>>23949210
>Darkthrone (always loved them, but I've been listening to them a lot recently, both their old and new stuff)
A lot of people don't seem to like their new crust-punk influenced stuff but I absolutely love it

The attitude and the rawness, it just feels like they're doing this for no one but themselves and they don't give a fuck anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4wD-ldD4g0 Darkthrone - F.O.A.D.
>>
>A/S/L:
26 m flyover
>Long hair?
not anymore
metal: Obsequiae, Alda, Baroness
not metal: Deep Dark Woods, Trampled By Turtles, Sturmpercht
black and stoner
Wintersun, only one I've ever been to

Going to create some controversy, currently American black metal shits on European imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rXY-Vvcv2s

>>23950794
The old stuff is the best but I like all Darkthrone, most metal bands disappoint me with newer stuff especially production-wise but not Darkthrone.
>>
Dragged Into Sunlight are here in July; I'm probably going to see them, especially since Primitive Man are supporting.

And I'll hopefully be seeing Boris later this year while they're promoting Pink again or whatever.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2400x2407) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2400x2407
alternative metal, ambient, atmospheric black metal, atmospheric sludge metal, avant-folk, avant-garde metal, black ambient, black metal, blackgaze, dark ambient, dark cabaret, dark electro, dark folk, darkwave, death doom metal, death metal, depressive black metal, djent, doom metal, drone metal, ebm, electro-industrial, electronic, experimental, folk metal, funeral doom metal, futurepop, gothic metal, industrial, industrial hip hop, industrial metal, industrial music, industrial rock, industrial techno, martial industrial, melodic black metal, melodic death metal, neoclassical darkwave, neue deutsche härte, nordic folk music, nu metal, pagan black metal, post-hardcore, post-industrial, progressive metal, rap metal, sludge metal, technical death metal, traditional doom metal, visual kei
>Skype
la.furra.darketa
>>
>A/S/L:
25/Female/America
>Long hair?
Yes
Bloodbath, Insomnium, Daath
Melodic, tech, prog, doom, death, folk
Kalmah were really good, and I know they aren't metal but Ghost were incredible.
>Use this one to pretend I just asked you about something you want to tell us about
Moved to new mexico, I know a metal community exists here but they are hard as fuck to find.
>>
File: folder_silver.jpg (20 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
folder_silver.jpg
20 KB, 270x270
here goes
>A/S/L:
18/m/Australia
>Long hair?
I would but it would just turn into an Afro, my hairs too curly
Mastodon, The Melvins, The velvet underground, black Sabbath
sludge, thrash, melodic, death
other than metal I really like punk, post punk, post-hardcore, hardcore, classic rock, art rock, new wave, shoegaze (I'm probably forgetting some)
I saw Nick cave and The bad seeds, not metal but I was amazing
if we end up talking on Skype ill probably play shitty guitar a lot
kik, steam, skype: nipixel
>>
What do you guys think of Latsbrah aka TheGoldenOne? He is a Swedish American bodybuilder. He really inspired me to add intensity to my workouts. I know he listens to metal as much as he lifts iron.
>>
A/S/L:
18 male USA
>Long hair?
Shaved it bald a while ago now growing it long
Beck
System of a down
Rammstein
Deathgrips
Nu
Death
Only seen pop bands so far desu
FUCKIFNFAGAHAH metal brah
>>
>A/S/L:
2000-Years-Is-Nothing-Though-It-Has-Been-Enough/Ethereal/Kauai
>Long hair?
Trve Kvlt Industry-Standard Hood
>Three bands you've listened to a lot
Immortal, Dawn of Ashes, Behemoth
Extreme, Black, Blackened Death, Doom, Blackened Doom, Melodic Doom, Horror EBM/Industrial ie: DoA ect.
Immortal - Perth WA
>Use this one to pretend I just asked you about something you want to tell us something about
My Procrastination-Black-Metal project, Brontemancer (ie: my Planet Piss)

>Pic related
My mandatory completely illegible OG styles Black Metal logo
>>
>>23952544
Kik: Brontemancer
>>
My band
Daybreak
https://youtube.com/watch?v=LzE6kJtHdJU

Releasing Ep soon
>>
>>23952357
>bloodbath
aaw hell yeah, saw them twice last year, amazing band without doubt. Ghost has also been amazing the previous times I saw them at Roskilde 2011 and Copenhell last year. Gonna see them again as support for Iron Maiden aswell tomorrow, definately looking forward to it
>>23948880
nice cover! I still prefer the original, but I like how theirs sound aswell
>>23950794
exactly, and their last album was some of the best speed metal (or whatever their sound on that album fits into) album I've heard in a long time. Fenriz's clean vocals + his intentional accent sound amazing together
>>
>A/S/L:
20/M/US
>Long hair?
nope but my beard is kinda long
August Burns Red, Gloryhammer, The Front Bottoms
Metalcore, deathcore, power metal
the only concert i've been to was Buckethead so probably that
i play guitar and i don't know any other guitarists who are into metal so looking for whatever i guess
>>
this is a weird thread to put on /soc/ but /mu/'s /metal/ has been shit for months so here we go

>A/S/L:
19/m/us
>Long hair?
nah
The Microphones, Jute Gyte (new album is sick), Napalm Death
Death, grindcore, sludge
The Decemberists
if you want to chat about music or other shit my kik is rigwald
>>
>>23952652
I still prefer when Bloodbath was fronted by Peter or Mikael but I don't mind Nick at all either. I just find myself listening to Resurrection through carnage or Fathomless Mastery most.
I saw Ghost last year during the Black to the Future tour, it honestly was one of the most fun shows I have ever attended I am so glad I went.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.