[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I didn't see a thread where I could ask for advice so advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10
File: comp.jpg (163 KB, 876x1020) Image search: [Google]
comp.jpg
163 KB, 876x1020
I didn't see a thread where I could ask for advice so advice thread please!

I used to wear some hipster glasses and was recommended to change them now here I am. I'm really fond of completely round glasses.
All was well, but now some people say they don't actually suit me? That I should just start wearing contact lenses. (Thing is, I actually like the look of glasses in general )
Pic related, there's two different pairs shown but the top ones are the ones that I'm wearing right now.

I need advice from actual normal people, do you think I should get rid of them?
Also post your advice requests, thank you
>>
actually there's a whole board for advice and also a fashion board and also a fitness board
>>
hipster glassess are for losers, i want to punch any girl who think they are cool with hippster glassess dumb cunt femenists. wear a nose ring too and its deal over KO
>>
>>23944989
this is not about fashion or fitness though?
and sorry, the advice board is usually very slow
>>
>>23945031
isn't this a fashion question

my advice the glasses look dumb as hell don't wear them
>>
>>23944976
missing the forest for the trees bb
there are much bigger problems with your appearance than the type of glasses you wear
>>
>>23945043
i know, but there isn't really anything i can do about my face? i was born with it
>>
>>23945071
actually the problems probably developed when you went through puberty, you might've been a cute kid
>>
>>23945071
lose weight, take better care of your nasty hair, and wash your face more often for a start
>>
>>23945100
and the glasses?
>>
The short answer is wear whatever you like.

The long answer is trends come and go and not everyone will like them. A lot of those people will just not like it because they want to be deliberately cynical and contrary and some will just have a difference of opinion. Either way if someone is being an asshole about not liking something then chances are you don't want anything to do with them. "You look fucking dumb" is not the same thing as criticism like "those don't suit you and I think [different thing] would be nicer".
>>
>>23945121
they look kinda dumb but they're not the main problem here
>>
Round glasses are fine on you, but I'd say they're a bit too big. Try a smaller pair.
>>
File: hey_chickaboo.jpg (172 KB, 437x630) Image search: [Google]
hey_chickaboo.jpg
172 KB, 437x630
You look cute as is, but I suppose there are some ways to change your look up for shits and giggles. Tease one side of your hair to balance out your face size vs. hair size. Wear some dark eye makeup/liner to balance them out vs. your mouth/nose. Accentuate your lips with a slightly darker shade of lipstick.
>>
>>23945141
lmao you made her look like a myspace kid from 2002
>>
>>23944976
First I think your cute with or without the round glasses aren't bad just too big for your face I'd go with smaller circular frames or maybe a horn rimmed style like Lisa Loeb in the stay video if you really can't decide you can always buy two sets and change up what pair you wear though in all honesty if you get too concerned about it ask your eye doctor for a contact prescription
>>
>>23945141
thank you, that's interesting
shame i'm shit with makeup
>>
>>23945141
lol are you serious? That looks awful
>>
File: Myrtle_human.png (166 KB, 287x364) Image search: [Google]
Myrtle_human.png
166 KB, 287x364
You look like Moaning Myrtle from Harry Potter. The glasses, the bangs, the resting bitch face. Not a good look. Get better glasses. Grow out the bangs. You don't have to fake a smile, but try to at least look neutral instead of cranking the scowl up to 11.
>>
>>23944976
you should keep those round glasses!
they're cute. and you should wear them especially because you really like them.

the point of looking a certain way is to attract compatible people isn't it? Maybe you'll find more in common with some one who likes your glasses.

definitely ignore most of crap in this thread

I think you're really cute, where are you from?
>>
>>23944976
you look really good without the glasses, the round glasses make your face look bumpy, you have a great facial structure and they detract from that.
>>
>>23944976
i tihnk youre cute as hell and so are the glasses. maybe smaller ones would be better but i like them. i think you look kind of boring without them but apparently boring people are attractive to some people
i think youre cute and also have a nice face
>>
File: 1463022623967.jpg (125 KB, 682x655) Image search: [Google]
1463022623967.jpg
125 KB, 682x655
>>23944976
location?
do you play guitar?
>>
>>23944976
i think another shape would suit you better, but prefer glasses to no glasses. if you like the round ones, though, i think you should keep them! life is too short to worry about what other people think of you. you're cute enough that it doesn't make much of a difference either way
>>
>>23947315
actually, i think >>23945207 might be onto something about the frame style. i think my issue with them is that the frames are too thin for your face. if you try something a little more substantial, i think that would be really cute. something like pic related?

>>23947027
honestly i think a lot of people are pretty boring looking without some sort of facial accessory. that's why i got piercings. i also wear glasses - prescription, probably "hipster" style but i just had a friend help me pick what looked best on my face. i like them so much that i went from being embarrassed about wearing glasses (and "accidentally" breaking all my pairs) to preferring wearing them - just because i bothered to find ones that actually suit me.
>>
i like you better without. But it's more that i don't think those glasses suit you.

wider rectangular lenses would be my suggestion but i understand if it's not your preference.
>>
File: 1463544790355.jpg (95 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1463544790355.jpg
95 KB, 600x600
>>23944976
Don't let her fall off the board...
>>
File: 12.jpg (123 KB, 500x472) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
123 KB, 500x472
>>23945207
>>23945133
>>23947027
now that you mention it, they do look a bit big

>>23947027
>>23947343
also agree about the boringness

>>23946899
>>23947113
uk, and no i don't play guitar, i used to play drums though

thanks all, it's been very helpful, and i have a much clearer picture in my head now.
and i do like them, but when so many friends keep saying that i look better without, it's hard not to doubt my taste. getting a second opinion was all that i needed, thank you.
>>
OP wont listen to any advice other than about her glasses.
She already knows what's wrong. pointing out anything else is useless and not going to be applied.
>>
The glasses kind of work with dark hair.
>>
>>23945039
This is indeed a fashion question but I think you're going to get more sincere answers here
>>
eyebrows stay slaying. i like the glasses , you remind me of IG user octoplum. maybe dye your hair all one color :)
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 700x674) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 700x674
Let's keep her for one more day before she's gone from the board.
(maybe she'll bless us with another pic or two)
>>
>>23951937
what do you mean
i got enough useful output so i don't mind letting the thread die
and are you being sarcastic? i wouldn't make anybody look at my unfortunate pictures more than absolutely necessary
>>
File: 1385909052718.jpg (101 KB, 580x625) Image search: [Google]
1385909052718.jpg
101 KB, 580x625
>>23952466
Hey you're on /soc/, where we guys are all thirsty and points don't matter.
[spoiler]Speaking of which add me on skype: g1ebguy[/spoiler]
>>
>>23944976
If you actually need glasses to see, then wear whatever fucking glasses you want. Someone doesn't think they suit you? Fuck them, who gives a shit.
>>
>>23945133
This. I like round glasses (I'm a guy) but they have to be the right size. Those are too big for your face.
>>
>>23944976
Keep the blonde, keep the glasses.
But that's just my penis' opinion.
>>
>>23952466
pls be my girlfriend
>>
File: face-shape-info.png (449 KB, 1000x2956) Image search: [Google]
face-shape-info.png
449 KB, 1000x2956
>>23944976
Wtf is everybody talking about thouse glasses look great on you, you have a square face shape. The round frames balance that out and soften up your features.plus they make you look like a cool person to chill with. You should post this on /fa/ though.
Would smoke weed, watch cartoon, chill and talk about politics with you/10.
>>
>>23944976
Your jaw and cheek bones are fairly strong features. Square glasses would compliment that more, but they're your glasses. Wear whatever.
>>
>>23944976
>>23957150
Same person. The bottom frame look better imo however they are a little oversized (i kinda like that though) so if you wanted too you could sized down. You should see how they look sized down.would also listen to the general advice give like taking better care of your hair and your skin but other that your fine. All in all at the end of the day it's your decision on your own personal apperence that nobody can make for.
You got a kik or something.
>>
>>23954032

She'd look cute as fuck in John Lennon style glasses. (Round and small)

Hair and general hygiene need some work, but in terms of basic natural gifts she has the potential to be very sexy.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.