[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there ever any /homeless/ threads here? Either way who else
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160616_241816_546.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160616_241816_546.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Are there ever any /homeless/ threads here? Either way who else has no solid shelter or is couch surfing?

How long have u been homeless?
How do you kill time?
What are your current plans?
Where are you staying at currently?
What put you in this position?

I'm currently at LAX waiting for my flight tomorrow (14 dollars for ticket such a good deal) to Phoenix AZ. Plan is to find a job there and live on the street till I can afford a 1 room apt. Nice and small and cozy the way I like it

Pic is my aesthetic atm cuz its ever so important
>>
>>23934688
Do you have kik? I've been homeless dozens of times and wanna see if you wanted to talk about it!
>>
Living in my vehicle for about a month. I still have a job and still am able to attend my classes. not too bad imo
>>
>>23934688
How did you end up homeless?
>>
I've been homeless before. Went to college, so happy to get away from my abusive stepfather. Started going out with a guy, we both got hooked on heroin, ran out of money, got evicted. I couldn't return home because of stepdouche, and I wanted to stay with my BF. Lived on the streets for a while, couch surfed when possible.
Eventually I hit a breaking point when I heard my BF suggesting to a man that I'd suck him off if he gave us money. I'll admit I'd done it before, but him just offering me around kinda broke through my mind like a nail. I left him and walked to where a guy I'd shared an apartment with a year ago lived, because he was the only person I knew outside of that horrible group of junkies. I hadn't talked to him for months.
I got to his door and begged him to let me stay on his house for a few weeks. Even on the floor if I had to. He agreed, and I went cold turkey. That was a hellish month.
Been clean for 3 years now, and I owe a lot of it to that friend's support when I needed it. I couldn't have gotten clean without his kindness.

Anyway, being homeless sucks. Having nowhere to go every night is bad, but living on the streets is truly horrible.
>>
>>23935200
your bf let you live on the street? what?
>>
>>23935204
He was on the streets too. We kinda went down together. I couldn't bear the thought of returning to my stepfather, and he thought being a "gutter punk" was the way to go once we lost our accommodation, because he didn't want to go home to the UK.
>>
I was homeless in NY for about three years. Addicted to heroin half the time. Panhandling, avoiding cops, avoiding sexual assaults, eating out of restaurant trash bins. Glad I'm not there now.
>>
I was homeless a couple times when I was 15, being homeless in the winter in canada was hard but I found a treehouse to crash in and stole some old blankets from a second hand store. Ate out of the trash a lot. My bf at the time was addicted to getting high any way he could, I didn't like getting high. We stuck together, he got on meth, I couldn't go back home my mom was a drunk and didn't want anything to do with anything that wasn't a party. Eventually I moved back home when she got slightly sober. Got a job, moved out on my own when I was 16.
>>
I was homeless for a few months when my parents kicked me out, took that time to visit all of Belgium, I feel kinda shitty that i had to steal from stores to feed myself but it is the way it is
>>
>>23935200
Sounds like a story I saw on reddit once. Don't mean anything by it, just it's sad I guess that so many people go through similar things.

Hopefully things are going well for you now anon, besides the being clean.
>>
Glad to see this took off while I was sleeping

>>23934940
defnotlindsey

>>23935120
Wish I had a vehicle but I got around pretty good on my bike last few days

>>23935156
I'm sure outsiders will think this retarded but here goes a tldr
I was at a cc for 3 years trying to figure out what I wanna do. Parents understanding at first of indecision but slowly that goes away. Come Monday I was given a 24 hour ultimatum to continue to a 4year or pick a trade else I get kicked out. I chose to just leave on my terms instead. Took like 5 minutes didn't need no 24 hours. Packed up secretly in room, made excuses to go out of house to take bags outside 1 by 1 so would be less noisy and then left at like one am when parents were asleep. I clocked about 24 miles in 3 hours on my bike and then chilled at Denny's.

Currently have 140 to my name after selling my CPU and RAM, still have a GPU I can sell for another 120 as well and some item I can pawn if needed too.

Currently my plan is to find a job and then save enough for a 1 room apt . I just flew from lax to phoenix for a 14 dollar ticket to get away from Cali. Currently chilling in the airport I flew into and charging stuff/asking about the area

>>23935200
>stepdouche
You play life is strange?

Also thanks for the replies everyone my kik is defnotlindsey if anyone else wants to talk besides the other anon
>>
>>23935465
His did you deal with being homeless in such a big city where there are probably an overpopulation of homeless? I just went from long beach to La by metro and discovered that La is a fucking shithole at night and I didn't want to stay there. How did u manage?
>>
>>23935496
How are you doing now? How old are you now too?
>>
>>23935526
What's your status now? Still homeless? If not what got you out of it?
>>
>>23935712
Panhandling, sleeping in hallways when it was cold, outside when it was warmer out. Some people were friendly and would drop off some food but otherwise it was dumpster diving.

And yeah, lots of homeless. Fights for street corners and subway openings where you may have better luck panhandling. One guy was told repeatedly not to panhandle at one corner but kept coming back so the homeless guy who thought it was his corner nailed him with a board to the head. I don't think he lived. Never saw him again.

If I was lucky I'd score some H and pass out in someone's apartment. Grab a shower and borrow their washing machine/dryer before I left the next day.

Also did some petty theft but felt bad for people I was stealing from.

It was really one day to the next.
>>
>>23935697

You ran away from home because your parents were forcing you to pick a school or get a job? That's literally the only reason?
>>
>>23935964
I never said it was an impressive reason. And obviously there's more to it than just those factors but I hate living there and I've wanted to get out for 2 years. Only thing really holding me back before was my swim career but now that that's gone I have nothing left there really besides a few friends who I'm still contacting with snapchat and kik etc
>>
>>23935964
A lot of it was because I'm sick of them starting shit for whatever reason and bitching me out for hours as well
>>
>>23936282
>>23936296

I think you made a rash and impulsive decision that you will live to regret. Moving out of your parents' house and gaining your independence were both achievable without you having to be homeless.

If you continue doing what you're doing, you may find yourself literally fighting for your life. Most people are homeless because they don't have any safe alternatives. I think you should go back to the home you have, use it as a base to find a job somewhere, save enough money for a deposit/rent and THEN move out. It is a much easier and safer way of accomplishing what you're trying to do.
>>
>>23935600
Versions of it are surprisingly common, unfortunately. As for me, Im getting on pretty well. Going back to college for some edumacations this year, and I've been doing soem part time modelling. Quite happy.

>>23935697
I do, I fucking love that game. Downloaded the demo when bored one day and was instantly hooked. I love that phrase of Chloe's, and have been using it as much as I can now :p
>>
>>23935714
I am much older now, in my late 20s. I have a job I love, getting married soon, own a home and business. It worked out well for me, never had to go back to that life. I moved to the united states and things fell into place.
>>
>homeless
>posting on a smartphone
Pick one.
>>
>>23936520
Read what he said. He's soon to become homeless by choice for a brief amount of time.
>>
>>23936533
I knew some homeless kids who had a small ammount of tech, mostly back then though the phones weren't super smart, some mp3 players and diskmans. Some of them kept them and some of them sold them, I suppose it depends on what you have before you become homeless and what you are willing to give up once to become desperate.
>>
Moved out at 16. Only times I was homeless was between leases where I'd couch surf for a month or so or sleep in my truck. Money, transportation, food, or drugs have never been an issue. It's not hard really if you serve tables. Its like legal prostitution. Work 4 hours leave with $100+. Hardest part is the whole "stick together" mentality. so I guess homeless isn't the best description. It's more like independent.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.