[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any long distance relationships out there tonight?? This shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: sdfss.png (413 KB, 475x597) Image search: [Google]
sdfss.png
413 KB, 475x597
any long distance relationships out there tonight??

This shit sucks. My fiance left me for work and in literally two days he went from talking about our wedding plans to talking about "if I make it out there". He doesn't like to talk to me when I'm sad because it makes him feel bad. He doesn't like to think he's "jerking me around" with him, but he is. It's a job that requires relocation every 1-2 years; I wouldn't be able to get settled in career-wise, I would never be able to get ahead, just tread the same waters I've been treading. I just know that I'm never going to be first, and that's not mine or his fault: It's just where the money is. And that's practical. But fuck, this sucks.

Someone tell me a worse or better long-distance relationship story to make me feel better.
>>
>>23920925

Is that you?
>>
>>23920925
If that's you, I can definitely see why he doesn't want to marry you.
>>
>>23920925
hey sexy OP.

I had a long distance relationship with my first gf. I went to study to another country, after 6 months, she joined me.

We lived together for 2 years after that, and then we broke up.
The 6 months when we were away actually crashed the relationship, it was like living with a ghost once she came... not a good thing, now I know its better to give each other the necessary freedom if things are going to work.
>>
>>23920925
I'm about to embark on the same situation. Moving to another country for work and leaving everyone behind initially. Must say it's scaring me a bit as well at this point.
>>
>>23920925
Well OP, this shit can be tough. Long distance relationships are not the easiest thing in the world. Communication is key, its very important that you all be able to talk shit out when you have issues and be able to trust and reassure each other when you're feeling discouraged. It sounds to me that you're man has issues in the communication category. Relationships are work, and if you all cannot work together then the relationship won't work. So I'd be concerned if you feel as though hes jerking you around, and wont talk to you when you're sad. I know this all sounds shitty and I'm sorry, but I'm trying to give you some honest information to think about. You do you, but be safe. Remember, you have to do whats best for you.
>>
>>23920925
Got married to a lass last year from the uk
loving it so far
>>
I'm in a long distance with my boyfriend. I'm pathetically devoted to him and I don't think I could ever be with someone else even if he broke up with me. That being said, lately he has been distant and right now he's hanging out at the bar with a girl that I know he has some history with and I'm laying in bed wondering why he isn't texting me back and if my paranoid delusions about him secretly hating me are true.
>>
>>23921062
I know that feel but genders reversed.
>>
Long distance relationships are a waste of time. I understand you love the connection you believe you've established with this person via text messaging, phone conversations and perhaps even video calls, but I can assure you that you are merely in love with an idea. Take a look around and you may notice the details you are missing in your everyday life. Trust me, you'll know it when you see it.

That's my 2 cents anyhow.
>>
>>23921062
This made me sad to read because i am in a bit of the opposite situation, where I am in a ldr with a girl who is considerably more attached to me, considers me to be "the love of her life," and I just am not as attached to her due to our lack of truly spent time together and such, and I know that it is contributing to a lot of her depression and anxiety right now but there isn't anything I can really do, and I particularly can't spend time trying to meet new people around where I live at present because I know it would also upset her.
>>
>>23921062
Male here, been in that situation before. In my case she did indeed cheat on me and essentially stopped caring about the relationship at all.
>>
Shitty situation to be in. You two have to ask yourselves if it's more important to be together or to further your careers. Depending on your age, your emotions may get in the way of the real answer. But I don't know your relationship, so, whatever.
>>
>>23921114
Then break up with her. Do you lie to her about loving her? Why don't you go and visit her? In the end just make a choice and don't waste time, especially with someone who thinks that you are their love of their life, and you don't feel the same.
>>
>>23921062
Don't put yourself through that, it's just going to hurt you more, if you find out later he was cheating, and you sat there and knew it.
>>
>>23921206
I don't not feel the same. Looking at my earlier post, I didn't do the best job of explaining myself. I do love her, but I am not as singularly in love with her as she is with me. I don't want to break up with her, I was just expressing that I know that the distance causes her a lot of anxiety and stress in regards to not knowing what i'm doing much of the time and such. She feels sometimes as if I am 'pulling away,' even though that is not how i feel.
>>
I met a cute girl on Instagram. I kept liking and posting comments on every photo she posted. We now have a very active and healthy sex life.
>>
>>23920925
I have a long distance success story that may cheer you up a little. Prepare for major cheesiness and a kind of ridiculous essay-length post.

Met my bf 5 years ago on chatroulette of all places. We hit it off immediately and talked for literally 5 hours straight that night. I lived in west coast US and him in Eastern Canada, but we decided to do LDR because we were literally soul mates and had such a strong connection. It was hard but we made it work, we kept in pretty much constant contact during the day, skyped any time we had the time, and slept on Skype together all night (I know, we're ridiculous). After 2 years of this he paid to fly me out to visit him and it was the best week of my life. He cried tears of joy basically the whole visit, it was so cute. A month later I got a student visa to study in Canada and we moved in together. Most people say moving in with you spouse is a hard adjustment, but it wasn't for us. I guess we just spent so much time apart that we appreciated every minute we spent together and never took it for granted. After I graduated my program my visa ran out, so we moved to the US (he's on a student visa this time). We have been a couple for over 4 and a half years and lived together for more than 2. As soon as he finishes his studies we plan on getting married and moving back to Canada.
Honestly I am so lucky. He is the sweetest, most loving and amazing person I have ever met. He has supported me through so much, and vice versa. I never thought I'd meet someone I could be 110% myself around but I did, and somehow he chose me to spend his life with.
Good luck with your LDR anon. They're hard, but worth it for the right person. Please don't force something if it doesn't feel fulfilling though, and be sure it's what you truly want before making sacrifices. I hope you work things out and find happiness. <3
>>
>>23921225
Are you her first love? Or is she younger, insecure? That happened with my ex, no matter how much I reassured her she didn't believe it. She was so pretty, and never believed it, too shy, so insecure, she was great to me. But lacked trust and self esteem. Eventually I realized I was probably causing more emotional damage than improving it. I think she just needs to figure her self out, would love to get back with her... She was great, but she just needs to help herself.
>>
>>23921252
she's ten years older than me and has had several fairly long relationships with people she didn't really 'love' in the truer sense of the word. She is my first actual 'girlfriend' in the more realistic sense of the word -- i've had two other people who were considerably less committed and treated me like crap and i have a lot of trauma as a result of my experiences with them.
>>
I think it can work out if you have a set time on when you're going to meet and plan for the future (i.e. moving in together). If we had to be at a distance for 6 months to a year or something, I could do it. I couldn't do any of that 5 year shit though like people on Catfish do.
>>
6 years here no problems no fighting, just as in love as we were the first day

Tip: stop being jealous and talk to each other like humans if that's even possible
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.