[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tea Time! Lets chat /soc/. Whats going on in your life? Anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: teababy.jpg (32 KB, 626x835) Image search: [Google]
teababy.jpg
32 KB, 626x835
Tea Time!

Lets chat /soc/. Whats going on in your life? Anything good going on? Anything you want to get off your chest? Need advice, or are you procrastinating on work or school shit? Let me know whats going on? I'm around and can help if you need me to.
>>
bamp
>>
>>23888144
I just want to learn how to be social. I don't know. I'm afraid to do it, but I'd really like friends. Is there a way to learn how to be social with people? (Sorry for asking for help right off the bat. How are you?)
>>
>>23888395
I'm well enough, just hanging out.

Now for your help. I gotta ask a few questions. What about being social can you not do? What scares you about it? There are ways to learn how to be social, but it takes work, work that only you can do. And you have to take responsibility for your actions and inactions.
>>
>>23888410
Well, I can't ever find the right words to say. When I try to make new friends or talk to people, I never find the words. It's like my brain goes into lock-down.

Starting a conversation is what really gets me. I sometimes will avoid friends or family, as I can't start the conversation. But I can handle it normally. Though talking over phones or the internet I'm horrible at, too.

I try to get online to talk to people, but I can't even go that far. Only reason I do this, is that it's completely anonymous.
>>
>>23888433
Well what words do you think you need to find? Maybe you need to think about getting people to talk more instead of yourself, ask them questions, get them to engage as much as possible.

Even speaking to your family gives you a hard time? What exactly do you think you need to say?

I mean sometimes you don't have to start a conversation, unless of course something is going on. I mean when I see my friends and family I pretty much just say "hello" and ask "how are you doing?" what else do you think you need to do for engagement?

What exactly about being anonymous helps?
>>
>>23888476
I don't have to look at your face. If I was looking away from you, I could handle it. But if we're like, eye-to-eye contact, I have trouble. I can take off my glasses, then look at someone.

As for phones and stuff? I don't know, I can't seem to convey emotion, so I over-think it. I try to make it me, then it just comes out awkward.

With friends and family, they'll greet me. I can manage a hello, but I can't carry conversations well. I just come across as dismissive, when I want to be nice.
>>
>>23888487
Does someone looking you in the eye bother you? If so why don't you wear sunglasses often, so people can't get a good look into your eyes?

So if something is funny do you laugh? I'm not criticizing you or anything, I'm just curious. Do you feel awkward conveying emotion, or you simply struggle to do so?

A simple solution to carrying a conversation is just asking questions. I mean get the other individual to express more so than yourself.
>>
not much happening. watching some CNN story in a motel room. kinda depressed.
>>
>>23888547
Why are you in a motel room? Travelling? And whats got you down?
>>
>>23888554
yeah gf and i are traveling. we head home in 2 days, so it's just a lot of motel TV and fast food right now. idk, everything i guess. general depression. had to speak to my mother recently and that always brings me down, makes me regret my lesbianism and everything else.
>>
>>23888566
I god damn hate traveling, but I sure do love hotel/motel rooms, no idea why.

Depression makes sense, I can feel you there. Why do you speak to her if she brings you down? And why do you regret your lesbianism?
>>
>>23888144
Just trying to do my thing.

Job is OK just doesn't pay what I would like.
Saving to move out but it's hard to find something I would like.
Want to make friends but I really don't have many options.

So yeah just stuck in purgatory until I can get a car and my own place.
>>
>>23888587
What do you do for work?

What do you mean you don't have many options? Purgatory you say? Do you like in Kansas?
>>
>>23888602
I work security. Mostly graveyard. It's just hard being 23 and still dependant. Just trying to get on my feet. Meeting people isn't hard and being social comes naturally when I'm in my groove.
I would just like to have my own place and this is the first time I really feel like I'm actually trying to enhance my life. Most people my age just don't want to hang at my moms place.
>>
How do I even know if I'm actually bi? 19M virgin and I have only ever been romantically interested in women but there have been a couple of guys I have found attractive and I kind of have an internet crush on this trans girl. What is going on with myself, how am I supposed to know if this is actually how I am or im just lonely or trying to tell myself im interesting(different??)?
>>
still unemployed, doing some volunteering which is okay I guess.

Uni exams are coming up, and I have group project due at the end of the week which im pretty sure none of us have even started. Its a presentation which is terrible, and even though not everyone has to speak most of group dont speak english very well so that leaves me trying to carry despite being nervous as fuck.

Honestly just want these next 4 weeks or so to go by quickly because I desperately need a break from studying.

I was going to pick up some tea when im in town tomorrow, what are people's favourite type? Russian Caravan sounds nice.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.