[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Out of curiosity, how did you all find /soc/, since it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Gumby NY library 1950-2005.jpg (459 KB, 1228x600) Image search: [Google]
Gumby NY library 1950-2005.jpg
459 KB, 1228x600
Out of curiosity, how did you all find /soc/, since it's obvious that a lot of you don't lurk 4chan?.
>>
started of on /b/ as I imagined most do, visited a few different boards to see what they're like
I use /b/, /soc/, /k/ and /wsg/ mostly
>>
>>23837142
I used Chad's from here to catfish for lolz and I lurked Skype threads.

Either r9k or b brought me here.
>>
Or we tried to organize a meetups and >>>/soc/ was listed. Never cared enough to go here then.
>>
I was lonely and seeking social interactions t b h.
>since it's obvious that a lot of you don't lurk 4chan
soc used to be cool around the time moot posted on this board
>>
>>23837142
Started in /b/, got /fit/ but stayed straight so I moved to /fa/. Saw that r8 threads with real people was a thing but the ones in /fa/ are catty and dishonest so I started trying the ones out here. I browse /x/ and /pol/ sometimes too
It's amusing how almost every board here, regardless of the official board theme, share a sense of smug insularity and nazi esotericism
>>
People got tired of imt, rate, and other meetup threads on /b/ so they created /soc/. I just migrated with that crowd
>>
>>23837597
Back before the majority of people used the internet religiously, 4chan was the place where high school losers came to feel special. They established the place as the 'popular kid's table' on the internet and developed their inside jokes that they smuggly carried on throughout the rest of the internet. Most other forum boards bought onto their memes and psuedopopularity for a while until they realized how pathetic the majority of 4chan users were. 4chan users still like to think they're the cool kids on the internet when their only relevancy is cropped greentext posts.
>>
>>23837142
A man who I met from /v/ brought up this board in conversation and told me to never come here, which just made me curious. I ended up coming back here all the time just to see how people act. I don't talk to many people or go out at all, so this is pretty much my look into what people are like.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.