[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/SOC/ HORROR STORIES Talk about horrible experiences you've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: 1462380623760.png (39 KB, 673x665) Image search: [Google]
1462380623760.png
39 KB, 673x665
/SOC/ HORROR STORIES

Talk about horrible experiences you've had through /soc/, may it be form hook up threads, camwhore threads or Contact threads, etc.
>>
>>23782224
Met my current girlfriend on soc a while back the horror part is that I'm stupid enough to look for love on soc
>>
>>23782224
Discovering this place was a horrible experience.
>>
>>23782224
Interacting with Brandon the first few times when I actually tried giving him advice
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-12-21-43-07.png (332 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-12-21-43-07.png
332 KB, 480x800
I was actually someone's horror story

>Meet some dude for beer
>Fully aware that I suck at conversations because have no social life outside attending keg/LAN parties with people I've known all my life
>At least I'm comfortable enough to crack the dumbest jokes with them
>While at the bar with soc anon I am just an ear
>Unintentionally answer everything blandly and seemingly uninterested
>Whenever I try to make small talk I point out the most insignificant shit ever which just sends us back to awkward silence
>Somehow this soc anon wanted to go drinking again about a week later
>Never hear from him again because it turns out exactly like last time

Sorry Michael, your leather jacket looked good on you by the way!
>>
>>23782360
That's not a horror story that's just exactly what I'd expect from a nerdy guy from 4chan.
>>
>>23782360
you don't sound bad, you just got unlucky and had a date with someone who was probably worse at socializing than you are, since it sounds like you were actually attempting to make conversation. the other person has to at least learn and manage to make idle conversation back, THAT'S what makes things awkward. takes two to converse, so don't feel bad, anon, and I'd say give it another shot one day with someone else

>>23782274
pretty much this, wish I never found it, especially since I can't seem to leave and I don't even post pictures except maybe once in a while in actual fun, social threads (which are rare).

I've seen so many people on this site get fucked over by coming here during their low times and regretting it, it's depressing
>>
coming here daily for five years and relying on it for all sexual interaction with human beings

met some really hot women, tho

>>23782656
>I've seen so many people on this site get fucked over by coming here during their low times and regretting it, it's depressing
itcantbehelped.jpg
>>
>>23782251
Jack?
>>
>>23782277
I remember doing the same. He'd listen, say thanks and say he's been helped but then reappear a few hours later doing the exact same thing all over again. I started to wonder if he was mentally challenged or had memory loss.

>>23782656
>I've seen so many people on this site get fucked over by coming here during their low times and regretting it, it's depressing
I still do. I don't know why.
>>
File: jack.png (100 KB, 379x159) Image search: [Google]
jack.png
100 KB, 379x159
>>23782693
>>
Met a girl from the sugar thread
She said she was 23
She was much younger
As such I did not bang

My blue balls hurt
>>
Met my ex fiancé on here. It was 2 years of hell.
>>
>be me
>be camwhore
>post vid
>be stupid, don't turn off location services
>vid shows general location
>fuck.
>disappear for a while
>post in next thread
>someone greets me with "hi, [real name]"
>FUCK.

So maybe I'm gonna get murdered.
>>
>>23782983
Don't worry so much, people on non-/b/ aren't blackmailing bastards or creeps. Just tell him to keep quiet about it. :)

By the way, would you mind to contribute on my project ?
>>23774248
>>
>>23783004
Have done so already, was number 9

The thing is I don't know who used my name, aha.
>>
>>23782662
it really can't, especially since I know how it feels to feel that way, and have the whole 'nobody can actually touch me' vibe...until it actually happens.

as long as you don't post nudes or piss somebody off, you're usually good.
>>
>>23782851
probably was from /cgl/, a lot of the younger girls over there have threads about how to get sugar daddies, how much they love them, etc, and are usually super underage with parents who don't splurge on the lolita brands they really want for their dream dresses, lol.

>>23782983
I'm going to be honest with you and tell you to disappear for a while, either that or talk to the guy and let him know you'd like your info kept quiet. this can always have a two way effect, though, and people will do things 'for laughs' just because you told them not to, or take it as a sign to start trying to find you.

so, please be careful, i've seen this happen so many times while i've been here and it usually doesn't end well (or in my case, you end up getting stalked irl).
>>
>>23782827
Does he still post here? Is he even alive any more?
>>
>>23783169
I haven't seen his face in at least 6 months so I think he might be gone. That or the threads just get deleted really fast.
>>
File: 1426931310193.jpg (88 KB, 437x558) Image search: [Google]
1426931310193.jpg
88 KB, 437x558
I lost $20 to a tranny.
True story. PayPal refused my dispute.
Remember kids, don't lend money to internet strangers no matter the sob story.
>>
>>23783161
It was a few weeks ago someone greeted me with my name
I don't know who it was. When my location was available, the guy who pointed it out got deleted? So idk if it's the same person or not. I have no idea who it is. I've posted a few times since and nothing's happened.
>>
>>23783817
just know that they're probably going to be around and find you posting eventually, and if your name gets in the wrong hands (maxim, etc.) they will hunt you down for no reason at all.

just make sure your computer is secure, facebook is private with no info showing, etc. and you shouldn't have anything to worry about if you post, as long as you don't respond if they do say your name.

anyways, you should be fine.
>>
>>23783169
>>23783191

he's over at /hm/, they have tribute threads to him for some reason and they're not parody threads
>>
>>23782983
It was an apple device, wasn't it? Never understood why location is turned on by default.
>>
I met an amazing woman that was everything I was looking for in a girl. We clicked on so many levels, and would talk to each other for hours.

She just disappeared on me one day. I'd like to think that she wasn't lying to me about everything, but I guess I'll never know for sure.

At least she didn't give away my dog like my ex before her.
>>
>>23785230
Sorry.
>>
>>23785250
>>23785250
It made me a better person. A lot of the bad experiences I've had have made me stronger. I've loved and lost a couple times, gone to sea, traveled the world, overcome a lot of difficulties... Life is a big adventure and I want to experience as much of it as I can, before I die.

I'll always care about her, and I'd love to know that she is ok, but I've moved on.
>>
>meet female in Skype thread
>have ldr
>she moves to Ohio
>be madly in love
>finds out I'm addicted to drugs
>she tried to make it work
>im incredibly abusive (verbally)
>sleeps with my friends
>moves back to California in the middle of the night
>heart broken
>fail at suicide
>end up in psych
>addiction picks up severely
>catch three felonies
>can't contact her at all
>still come on /SOC/ in hopes of finding her again.

TFW I still love you Teresa
>>
>>23785668
Hahahahaha
>>
>>23785230
Same thing happened to me. We made all these plans and I actually thought we were going to have a future together but then one day never heard from her again. Its been 7 months since she just dropped off the face of the earth. I've moved on about as well as I could, but there are still days where I find myself hoping shes okay, even if its without me in her life.
>>
Had the brief displeasure of being in contact with squidward
>>
never thought of trying to look here. i doubt anyone in my town even uses 4chan, and i don't have a way to other cities/states on my own, so what's the point?
>>
File: Suffering.gif (263 KB, 319x255) Image search: [Google]
Suffering.gif
263 KB, 319x255
>I am my own /soc/ horror story
>>
>meet Russian girl on soc
>talk to her every day for many many months
>become good friends
>have some stupid discussion
>she ends up being kinda mad
>end up blocking her (and I don't even remember why)
>never talked to her again
>she still posts some time later and seems to be doing great
>don't want to unblock her to not make her feel bad or anything
>kinda be the soc horror story

We both moved on, but I really miss her as a friend.
>>
>talk to girl
>creep her out
>feel terrible about it

That's about the worst, other than a long list of people I just sort of lost contact with or just decided to never respond

It's... really hard to form a lasting friendship with people from here, for some reason. Maybe it's just because I come here only when I'm lonely and desperate for attention, maybe it's because I just don't have enough in common with people from here. Maybe it's that I really can only form friendships/relationships through doing things with people, and I'm too shallow to make decent conversation outside of that.

I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking things
>>
>>23785668
man, get your shit together, she doesn't deserve your bullshit. if you want it to work that badly, stop being a self pitying piece of shit that does drugs to 'help you cope'. stop making excuses and making things harder on yourself and get help for your addiction

>>23783646
of course they refused your dispute, you gave it to them willingly. if you're stupid enough to believe someone asking for money on line, you set yourself up for it
>>
>>23782224
Sitting watching movie with a friend I met on /soc/
>>
>>23785697
Part of you will always love her, and that is ok. Love is a choice. We chose to love other people: our friends, family, lovers, etc. That shows you are a caring and compassionate person. It speaks very well of you.

What have you been doing with your life since?
>>
>>23785703
What was it like?
>>
File: cute.jpg (65 KB, 1299x253) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
65 KB, 1299x253
>>23785987
>talk to girl
>creep her out
Every single time
r9k girls think the creepiness is cute though
>>
>>23786240
I didn't even creep her out through being stalkerish or anything
I just joked in a way that was wayyy too inappropriate for someone I didn't know very well, I guess
>>
>Add a cute dutch guy from a skype thread
>Talk hours each night
>Become good friends
>Planned on meeting but due to time constraints I couldnt
>Continue getting closer
>6 months later we meet in person
>Finally profess our love in person
>I go back to the US, and he to Sweden
>Starts talking to me less and less
>Go back to being just friends
>One month of silence from him
>Out of the blue just deletes me
>No goodbye or anything

It really hurt, especially the fact I was still so in love with him, and he just deleted me out of the blue.
I did get my goodbye from him several days later, and a stupid ass reason why he doesnt want to be in my life anymore.
>>
>>23785564
What's her name? ....
>>
>>23786353
Her name is Elin. She is Swedish and I still know a little bit of the Swedish I was learning to surprise her. haha

She is a pretty amazing person. I think that we were in different places and I wanted a little bit more than she was able to give at the time. I really would love to talk to her again, even if it was just to know that she was ok.

We had amazing conversations. I really miss that, I don't really find very many women I can connect to mentally like that.
>>
>>23785230

Something similar happened to me with someone I met on Tumblr. We talked for exactly 2 months. The last few weeks were really emotional because she revealed she liked me so much to the point where it hurt her emotionally since we were in two separate continents. The last week I learned more about her self-harming and her mental health. Instead of completely bailing on me she said it pretty concretely: we have to stop talking or I'm just going to keep getting sad.

So we broke it off and this just fucking wrecked me but I kept it all to myself. I got over it eventually but I still think about her, almost daily. I did message her this past Christmas just to wish her well, she replied saying she hopes for the same. I really want to have a full convo with her but I think I'll just leave it at that.

I feel u bro
>>
>>23787384

Every sailor goes to sea to get away from something, and that's what I did. I threw myself into work, and moved on. It took a few months to get over it, but I healed. I just wish I knew if she was ok.
>>
>>23786086
For the first month I was pretty much constantly wallowing in my own self pity wondering what was so wrong with me and blaming myself. Moved past that though, now pretty much just keeping myself busy with work.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.