[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi guys! Activity partner thread? I'm looking for a wa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: kitten in sock.jpg (147 KB, 717x960) Image search: [Google]
kitten in sock.jpg
147 KB, 717x960
Hi guys! Activity partner thread?

I'm looking for a walking partner for the Camino ways. Thinking of going from Leon to Santiago which is a 2 week journey.

About me: I'm very new to this and still getting in shape. Speed is slow to medium.
I intend to enjoy the sights and more importantly the food. Nice restaurants and all that. Don't mind slumming it in cheap hostels or even on the grass outside but will not skimp on food. Absolutely not interested in hooking up or anything of the sort but I am a nice gal and will do my best to look out for you. I'm a freshly graduated engineering student, moderately nerdy interests and a strong love of food and cooking. Can chatter on about the meaning of life and lobster or walk in companionable silence.

Email: [email protected]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198110816055
>>
tfw ded thred
>>
one last bump my pretty
>>
a walking partner? tell me more about this OP, i'm generally interested
>>
>>23760693
I've calculated it to be about 5 hours total of walking a day, maybe with nap breaks in the sunshine. Spread out over 2 weeks that should be enough to get to the destination. It's about 300-400km.

I would like to do this around the start of June/end of May, I'm going to be training cardio and legs all month to prep.

Ask anything you want!
>>
>>23760723
so you just walk to walk? where do you sleep? thougth back roads? no one ever gives you any problems? i few years back i broke down in the middle of no where and i had to walk 12 miles back to civilization in the middle of the night and it started pouring midway through. looking back at it, it was a nice little experience i'd totally do with you just for some life experience but live in america. how much have you saved for this?
>>
>>23760771
Yep! Sometimes you just gotta do something really out of your comfort zone y'know? It's a really scenic route too, and I've never been to Spain. Always wanted to go. There's lots of little hostels around and super cheap. It's actually a pilgrimage route (quite popular so its safe and you can get by without knowing the local language), the hostels used to be funded by churches and were free but they are still cheap. I've got £700 budgeted for the whole trip and I think that'd be way more than enough. For you the biggest expense would probably be the plane tickets. I was thinking of getting a return ticket to Santiago, then taking the train/bus to Leon at the start. Bus is around 20+ euros and is a 6+ hour journey i think. Just so you get the idea.
>>
>>23760947
total bummer for me. a year from now i'll be asking for 2 weeks off work and i'm going to go cross country on my motorcycle, that should be pretty sweet. are you gonna take a backpack and carry all your food and stuff? i would take a book and stop in random places and just read and take it all in. what lead you to all this? are you in good shape?
>>
>>23760297
Would love to go with you as it's the end of my school year and am free
But, I live in the US and my income is close to nothing
>>
>>23760974
Oh man that sounds really cool! Whereabouts are you going? Do you do stuff like hunt your own game?
I'll have a backpack with a couple changes of clothes, maybe a towel, bottle, some food and a pair of spare trainers for comfort. Definitely gonna bring a book or two with me, I've been working forever on The Wheel of Time series and I'm gonna try and power through this summer. Not in fantastic shape but I've been going to the gym on the regular the past couple months, used to be kind of a shutin legbeard stereotype heh. Been trying to figure out what direction to take in life, and i gots the depression which makes it hard to get out of bed most days. Need something to break the routine ay.

>>23760988
That's a shame! Hang around the thread though, you might be able to find someone to walk with. Best thing about walking is its cheap.
>>
>>23761004
thats crazy i just started the wheel of time a month ago! currently half way through the great hunt. I've gone hunting before and luckly i live in the south and have friend with lots of land. i usually get a deer every year and it'll last me for a good while and its free. I'm planning on on heading towards Seattle and i'll make my way to new york then down Florida. Originally i wanted to go down to mexico and panama, i speak spanish too, but i'm not very comfortable walking around with a new motorcycle and a couple thousand dollars in cash.
>>23760988
what stare are you in?
>>
>>23761034
You're in for an amazing series. I'm about to start the 7th book and I love everything about it. Heard there's gonna be a series made soon. It's cool to be able to hunt your own food for free, wish I knew enough about nature to be able to forage and hunt
>i'm not very comfortable walking around with a new motorcycle and a couple thousand dollars in cash.
Yeaaaaaaaaah this and the usual woes faced by >single female traveller
makes me want to find a travel companion! I'm off to bed now, goodnight! fingers crossed this thread gets more attention.
>>
>>23761034
In Florida :^)
>>
File: 1430102608754.jpg (165 KB, 510x369) Image search: [Google]
1430102608754.jpg
165 KB, 510x369
>A/S/L
28/M/DC
>Sexual Orientation
straight
>Relationship Status
happily married
>Text / Mic / Cam
Mic or Cam as I am trying to overcome my social anxiety
>MBTI Type
ISTJ
>Favorite Music
Indie, Surf, Shoegaze, Rockabilly, Goth, Punk. I like anything from Burger Records.
>Favorite Movies
Grand Budapest Hotel, Sunshine, Moonrise Kingdom. Anything Wes Anderson :/
>Favorite TV Shows
Live:Game of thrones, Marco Polo, 30 Rock, Office, Parks and Rec
Anime: Log Horizon, Samurai Champloo, Bakemonogatari
>Favorite Books
Vonnegut, Sedaris, Poe, Lovecraft
>Favorite Vidya
Half Life Series, Ni No Kuni,
>Interests
going to shows, museum hopping, foodie, walking around with some music. Anime cons
>What boards do you use?
/ck/ /fa/ /fit/ /gif/ /f/ /soc/
>Are you a NEET?
no
>What languages do you speak?
English
>What are you looking for?
looking to better my conversational skills, annunciation, and dialogue structures with someone interesting.
>What are you not looking for?
creeps, meeting up, other sources of contact
>Contact Info
himynameiskevin0
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.