[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here dealing with sudden hair loss? About two years ago
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: myhair.jpg (29 KB, 330x274) Image search: [Google]
myhair.jpg
29 KB, 330x274
Anyone here dealing with sudden hair loss? About two years ago in high school I had lots of hair, it was long and shoulder length and then I stopped eating and it went to complete shit, I have to keep it short now and don't know if it'll come back like before, any tips?
>>
>>23746063
Here's a tip: fucking eat. Malnutrition causes hair loss. The same thing happened to me when I had anorexia. You can also take biotin and eat biotin rich foods which may help a bit but not if you're starving yourself.
>>
>>23746063
You almost described tricoaliasaliasalias. I don't remember the name of the disease, but it's hair loss due to depression and other shit that happens during puberty.

Forget about hair loss. You might have a clinical problem happening inside your brain. It may be school, it may have something to do with girls, it may just be hormones. But it's not your hair your problem.

Do you eat your hair? Some people in this condition eat hair and don't even realize.
>>
>>23747120
I started eating more over a month ago and my hair hasn't gotten any better, how long does it take?
>>23747701
Nope, I don't eat my hair or pull it off either, it started falling like a week after not eating.

I'm not genetically badling either because I don't even have a receding hairline or missing hair on my crown, it just thinned out everywhere.
>>
>>23748354
>I started eating more over a month ago and my hair hasn't gotten any better, how long does it take?
Probably a couple of months.
>>
Eat some tacos you dirty mexican
>>
Bald is best. Start shaving your hair now, you will look like less of a faggot.
>>
>>23748354
yeah as someone else who has experienced an eating disorder it can take a good amount of time before your hair gets back to normal. mine still is growing back to it's original thickness after almost 6 months of recovery. not saying you have/had an eating disorder, but when you don't eat for a decent period of time it really does impact your hair and skin and entire body.
>>
It will never be what it was.
>>
>>23748354
Mine took about 18 months to return to its original thickness the first time, then I relapsed and it fell out all over again. I've been recovered for about 9 months now and it's probably half way there.
I have very fine hairs individually but it's naturally very dense (many hairs per square inch), so when I am healthy it looks quite thick but when I lost it it was stringy and awful. I tried the Aveda "invati" product for awhile but it's hard to say if it did anything (it claims to stimulate hair growth for those with thinning hair). You could give it a try, but it's pricey, and may or may not help. I also recommend seeing a dietician to make sure you're actually getting adequate nutrition, as it sounds like you may have had some sort of ED which are very hard to turn around from on your own.
Anyway good luck, and please keep eating!
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.