[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yooo, who's in the Portland area? I've been actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5
File: whitestag2576.jpg (172 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
whitestag2576.jpg
172 KB, 1280x1024
Yooo,
who's in the Portland area?
I've been actually getting out lately and it'd be nice to actually meet some people.
I've been here since January and yet I'm still only hanging out with the friend I moved here to be with, and my friend that followed me from home.
>22f/Gresham

What is there to doooooo?
>>
>>23731305
Yo! I'm moving to Portland next November! Sorryy ik that's ages. But how have you found things there?!
>>
>>23731580
I loooove it.
I moved here on a whim because my friend of 10 years invited me to.
Wasn't going to turn down a way to get out of the Biblebelt
>>
>>23732552
Oh my god! I'm moving coz i did a quiz on buzzfeed and that's where it said i should go!!
That's practicallyy the same..
I read a thing, apparently Portland has the most strippers according to population than any other city in America! So if u really wanted to get out the Biblebelt.. you could do that?! xD
>>
Tigard bump. Trying to get out more, as well as find some smoking buddies
>>
>>23731305
I'm in the ass end of Portland, almost to Gresham.
>>
Here in Epo.
>>
I live in central NE, close to downtown. I've played tour guide for a handful of folks, what genre of activities do you tend to lean towards?
>>
>>23731305
Lifelong resident here, but can't say I'd be much help. There's food carts, Powell's, and Ground Kontrol. And yeah, Voodoo Doughnuts. But other than that, there's not much to do in Portland that you can't do elsewhere. Usually I just hang out with friends at my place. Sorry I'm not more help, but I'm always open to make new friends
>>
im in nopo currently!

hmu
>>
>>23733549
Yooooo
Gresham is cool.
I like still being in a city without it being A CITY.
>>23737544
Video games, comics, books
nerdy stuff mostly
I heard of the Tardis Room??
I wanna check that out so bad.
>>23733138
yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo
always looking for more smoke buddies 8D
>>
Medford here!
>>
24M Been here about a year and heres a couple places/activities ive found. Oxbow Park, Breitenbush Hot springs, pickathon festival, northwest string summit, FEAST....tons more. There are those "adult" camps too, forgot the names though. Also im a chef so if youre a foodie we should hang
>>
>>23731305
YES I'M IN PORTLAND DEAR GOD I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY PERSON ON 4CHAN IN PDX
>>
File: IMG_0495.jpg (324 KB, 1242x1656) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0495.jpg
324 KB, 1242x1656
>>23739272
going to Foam Wonderland in Eugene on the 21st btw if any of you guys wanna try and meet up
>>
bump for jolly cooperation
>>
I can't do much yet, had emergency knee replacement surgery in February so I'm kind of like a toddler learning how to walk.
But I really like getting out and doing stuff,
I've been going to board game nights at various places. I went to Guardian Games on Saturday,
and I might be going to a bar tonight. Not sure, I might just stay in a clean because my place is a pit.

>>23739220
Foooooooood. <3
>>
20m beaverton/portland here. Down from pretty much anything.
>>
Goose Hollow/SW Portland. Kill me.
>>
>>23731305
Huh, I'm also 22/F and I just moved here in January too.
>>
Oregon City, Oregon

21/m

Loner, looking for friends. Would be cool to have some guy friends to hit the club with or something, or girls to fuck (lol)

email:
[email protected]
>>
Live four blocks off Hawthorne. Pay way to much for rent. Hate everything about the area.

But there is plenty of pussy and I am a pretty man so it isn't too bad.
>>
>>23738876
Heya! I can't host but I'll bring some to share of course
>>
>>23743739
Teach me your ways
>>
File: obama.jpg (95 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
obama.jpg
95 KB, 600x600
24/m/Powell

It's great living in the city and I'm open to meeting some peeps off 4chan. Been here for two years and I'm originally from NC
>>
>>23740484
What kind of food you into? That time of year again when eating outside on the patio is the reason i moved to this city :)
>>
>>23731305
33/M Gresham here. I moved to the area two years ago, but work nights so I don't get out too much. Really looking forward to summer so I can check out some of the trails around.
>>
>>23746954
I moved here from NC as well, where were you at in NC?
>>
21 f Portland native.
Want all you fucks to stay out REEEEE
>>
>>23749176
Another native here.
If I hear "I hate how it rains so much here" one more fucking time...
>>
I'm a native living in NW atm. We have some of the best beer in the country, so bars are nice. Decent music scene if you're into small alternative stuff.

Academia's kind of driving me crazy, though, I'm at PSU.
>>
>>23749332
I LOVE HOW MUCH IT RAINS HERE!
Why do you think I moved here?
>>23747535
My favorite food is Sushi!
But I'm really about all food except for...
>spicy food
>mushrooms
>things weird textures
Otherwise I try not to be picky.
My friends make fun of me for being picky when I'm cooking, but c'mon man, food is literally science and if you mix two things in a bowl that don't go together you get a disaster.
>>23742870
We should hang out for sure,
oh please,
I need more other women in my life I am surrounded by testosterone at every turn.
>nothing wrong with that
but sometimes it's nice to talk about girl things that guys just don't understand D:
>>
>>23750163
We have some really solid sushi joints in SE
>>
>>23750352
I'm not really aware of which part of town is which cardinal direction yet.
>D:
I had to be a shut in from the beginning of February to now, 'cause I'm still only getting in like once a week.
>>
>>23750163
I'm not referring to you. Just a common complaint among transplants. You seem pretty cool though :)
>>
>>23750163
Lets try and set a meet up with whoever is available. Thinkin Apex for beers and burritos?
>>
Native living in St John's reporting in. Currently smoking bubba kush in my backyard and enjoying the sun.
>>
>>23751499
Do you go to a dispensary?
>If so which one?
>>23751468
Ohhh, when??
>>23751313
Thank you!
Being cool is definitely something I strive towards.
>>
24m EUG reprt in baked aff
>>
>>23752150
How can I look down on video games, comics, and Doctor Who? :D
>>
>>23752150
How bout this Monday 7-8ish?
>>
>>23731305
There are legit concerts literally every night if you're willing to get out of Gresham. I grew up there and it's AWFUL. Pick up a copy of the Portland Mercury for some direction, talk to people at the venues. Mississippi studio always has great shows. Hawthorne, Belmont, Alberta (especially for last Thursday).. I live in NW just outside the pearl and there's a ton of stuff to do around here. Rose festival is coming up at the end of the month.. There's dante's, Darcelles and cc slaughters for some alternative shows.. Helium and Harvey's comedy clubs both have mailing lists you can get on for free tickets.. As the weather gets warmer they'll be starting flicks on the bricks at pioneer place and movies in the park.. If you go east out of Gresham on the Columbia river highway there are tons of parks and hiking spots.

Seriously though, the Mercury is your friend until you can meet people out. And to a lesser extent, pdxpipeline.
>>
>>23753449
>Looked up the Mercury on the interwebs
>scrolling through their events
>pyschostick is playing at the panic room tonight

FUCK
>>
>>23753271
Man I wanna go to play video games soooooo bad,
I wanna kick some ass at some fighting games.
I hope they have BlazBlue I am so good at that game
>>23753272
Sounds good to me.
>Does anyone else wanna meet up tomorrow for beers?
>>
>>23754471
Cool. My kik is oui_thankyou. start a group chat for ppl who want to come
>>
Need more local contacts. Kik me: memelyfe
21 f if it matters. Gay too.
>>
Portland (and Oregon in general) fucking sucks!!!!!

Native. Relocated to socal. It rains ALL THE FUCKING TIME! IT'LL RAIN FOR 2 FUCKINGS WEEKS STRAIGHT!

Sorry, faggo, ur fucking retarded to live in that shit.

Enjoy your mildewy ass.

Go Beavs!
>>
>>23756628
>beavers fan
That explains all the faggotry
>>
>>23756636

I knoa! The state is rife with it.

:thumbdown:
>>
Lake Oswego representin
>>
An Oregon thread that's actually lasted more than 48 hours? God damn, /soc/ must be slow recently.

28/m/Beaverton here. Yes I'm a shitty Cali transplant driving up them housing costs, but I couldn't stand my home state anymore and I love it here. I'm not entirely used to this much rain again, but I do enjoy it and it reminds me of home before everything went to shit.

>>23754471
I think I could be down for a group meetup
>>
>>23758165
What up? Same here!

>>23754471
I'm always ready to throw down at some vidya
>>
Shit did I miss a meetup?
>>
>>23752150
Club sky high all the way. They have good clean chronic and they usually have a pretty good deal going.
>>
>>23759187
>>23758724
>>23758229
>>23756549

Uuuugh, sorry but I hate using kik so much.
I made a Skype group tho
skype:?chat&blob=9RlteO1vb9k023Im_n3aKLxGYwEJadvgLOAtpwfNxthP7E_RvQ
>>
>>23759819
Not sure how to use that link... isn't there one like
join.skype.com ?
>>
>>23760544
Yes, I'm just a dumbass and I was really high when I posted that.
kek
https://join.skype.com/Ref2oOIlhFBa
>>
About to get blastin'. Anyone else move on from weed to only concentrates?
>>
Anyone else not into weed or drugs at all?
>>
>>23760806
Alcohol totally counts as a drug because it changes your state of mind so that's probably a hard no.
>>
>>23760824
Don't forget food/sugar.
>>
>>23760824
Well I don't love alcohol. It just makes me better at everything I do. The smell of weed and tobacco is repulsive.
>>
>>23761090
Shrugs.
Everyone has their likes and dislikes.
Marijuana happens to be every prescription drug I've ever taken all in one and when you've had as much medical shit happen to you as I have, you need a lot of prescription drugs.
But I hate them and only take them when I have no other choice. Marijuana is my vice and helps me lead a healthy life.
>>
>>23761221
>marijuana
>healthy
Shine on then.
>>
>>23761378
Have you done any actual research into marijuana?
How do you feel about the studies that have been released that confirm marijuana helps fight cancer?
Or how about the strains of marijuana that are helping children fight chronic seizures, and the studies that are showing signs of helping with different mental illnesses?
Or the fact that the the plant itself is one of the most successful CO2 scrubbers around?
Oh man, and the fact that if we used hemp instead of trees for paper would pretty much save rain forests.
Or the boost in local economies where recreational marijuana is legal?

The list goes on and on dude, marijuana is amazing.
>>
PDX - Metric fuck ton of food spots.
Ethiopian? Queen of Sheba on MLK. Bete-Lukas about 54th and SE Division. Also more pan african -Horn of Africa MLK. , Indian. Bombay Cricket Club, India Grill. Sushi? Sho on Barbur Blvd at Capitol Hwy.Ichidai, SE 57th and Powell. Thai, Vietnamese, Mexi on every corner. Cheap meat AND strippers? Acropolis out McLoughlin towards Milwaukie.

Sad sack in the Gresham boonies? Bus and Max it. Cultivate some chums. Gaming at Guardian or some of the little shops like Experience Point, Red Castle or Nexus. Go dance downtown - Embers is gay bar in front and mixed in the back. Want Goth or Industrial? Maybe the lovecraft bar or brickbatmansion or The Hive at Star Theater. Movies -in theaters. Plays like Shakespear in the park. PDX Adult Soap Box Derby
August 2016. Adult fetish stuff? speecportland.org / pdx-kink-events-calendar/ Any good 4channer should up for that! Dig little pups! Find the tasty stuff!
>>
Hey, looking to ask you Portland nerds something. I'm pretty unhappy in general and I'm thinking... maybe tomorrow I go walk somewhere! Far enough that it'd be an honest challenge, be something. Preferably with available public transit back, in the event that I am literally dying.

I'm right on top of TV Highway and 198th in Aloha. Any suggestions?
>>
>>23763062
..."honest challenge" means nothing without any context, eh?

210-215 lbs 5'8 male, going uphill with a heavy pack for a mile sucks ass but I'm willing to take a bit of a beating.
>>
File: 0a1.jpg (72 KB, 643x820) Image search: [Google]
0a1.jpg
72 KB, 643x820
>>23761491
>>
Any Portland bros here into the swinger scene? Fairly new here and was curious how good/bad it is.
>>
>>23761491
WEED LITERALLY CAUSES MENTAL ILLNESS GOD DAMN SJW FAGGOTS SPREADING PROPAGANDA BY BIG BUSINESS
>>
>>23763996
>Googles "Marijuana and Cancer"
>Finds research papers and cancer.gov has published information on their website for it

FDA and U.S National Cancer Institute have both released information saying that yes, cannabis helps with not only chemotherapy, but treating the actual cancer as well

>Googles "marijuana and mental illness"
>nami "fact sheet"
>cringe worthy, eye-rolling propaganda that doesn't source or directly quote ANY doctors

Not to mention I've been TREATING my mental illness with marijuana since I moved to Oregon in January, which is also when I stopped taking prescription medications for mental illness.
Oh wow, I'm not constantly thinking about suicide, I'm not tired and emotional all the time, and I can actually function like a human being, fancy that.

>Googles "marijuana and seizures"
>an over abundance of information regarding how it helps stop seizures
>>
>>23763961
Club Privata just opened not too long ago, replacing Sesso. The Velvet Rope is okay but could use some work.

If you're not already on there Fetlife has a pretty good amount of people from Portland.
>>
20/M/Bethany
If anyone's got any hookups for where I can get weed, lemme know.
>>
>>23731305
20/m/ Forest Grove.
So how do these threads work? Not into alcohol/drugs/cannabis, so what's left? l
>>
Hello Portland. I was born at your children's hospital in 1990.

I'm transgender and I've been stuck in Arizona forever. I want to move to you Portland but you're expensive and I'm scared and stuck in a lease.

If anyone of you fine people in the city of my birth have any advice on how to get into Portland sans lots of money, please contact me on kik.

kik: mangrypikachu
>>
File: Tiger high.png (143 KB, 411x334) Image search: [Google]
Tiger high.png
143 KB, 411x334
>>
>>23768147
You can always come and be homeless. A sizable chunk of Portland is actually just homeless people cobbling together structures made of plywood and cardboard.
>>
>>23756628
good riddance, assclown.
>>
>>23768947
Yeah no fuck that. I tend to work long weeks so if I can't pull a safe couch to sleep on I probably wouldn't go up there.

I'm currently a pastry chef and they have me doing like 70 hours a week. I couldn't imagine coming home to a heroin filled shanty town after one of my work days.
>>
>>23768132
NOTHING.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.