[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bored at work thread? Where are the wage slaves? (Bored at class
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: peter-gibbons.jpg (23 KB, 394x217) Image search: [Google]
peter-gibbons.jpg
23 KB, 394x217
Bored at work thread? Where are the wage slaves?

(Bored at class counts too)
>>
here as fauck !
>>
I can't decide on what to listen to while I work, audiobooks or music. I have another 9 hours of my shift to go.

I am not into having a 12 hour shift right now, it's too nice outside
>>
It's 12:42am and I'm stuck running PCR for 36 different sequences (Essentially copying a segment of DNA) with nothing else to fill the 2 hour run time on each sequence. 32 down. I should be done in enough time to buy some freshly fried hashbrowns, then go home to make pancakes and bacon for a real breakfast.
>>
>>23730463
What kind of equipment do you use to do that?

I'm an electronic engineer, that sounds like it might be interesting to hear more about
>>
>>23730480
Thermal cycler. It's fundamentally just an automated heated water bath which breaks DNA into single strands, allows an enzyme to assemble copies of that strand and repeats the cycle to get millions of clones.

Current model is an old benchtop from the 2000's, but now there's handheld versions that can perform a run in under 30 mins.
>>
>>23730496
I've been taking on some more work repairing and working with some equipment in the medical field. Repairing xray machines and calibrating some of the larger scanning pieces.

Currently I mostly work on space stuff. Satellite coms, scanning, measurement stuff

Did you go to school for what you do? You like it?
>>
Working 12 hour days in retail never leave me bored. But, it does make me question mass homicide.
>>
>>23733418
Literally just as bad as he is.

Does bored at apartment count?
>>
>>23733391
minimum wage?
>>
Bored at the office
Public administration
>>
>>23730373
We where working at the regular working times unlike you.

The wage slaves are doing what the name implies slaving for there wage not dicking around on the net lol maybe your a wage slave because you dick around not applying yourself?

Reality hurts sometimes Op now buckle up and deliver or fuck off faggot.
>>
File: 1238858.jpg (11 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1238858.jpg
11 KB, 150x150
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAbRqKUy45E
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.