[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lonely Thread -ASL, why are you lonely? M/19/US here, Im a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: lonely.jpg (2 MB, 1492x1120) Image search: [Google]
lonely.jpg
2 MB, 1492x1120
Lonely Thread

-ASL, why are you lonely?

M/19/US here, Im a pretty outgoing person and I make friends easily, bu Ive never felt like I truly connected with anyone. Its starting to scare me because most nights Id rather be at home than seeing the people I know, I guess its whatever but it feels like a big something is missing from my social life

>>
>>23727684
IKTF, when you should logically be spending time with your friends but you just cant get yourself to and feel like the relationships are suffering as a result. Its shitty but sometimes you just gotta try and be sociable. Think of all the fat neets that can't even get that far!
>>
>>23727684
M/18 From UK Here, I'd say im pretty similar to OP I often make people laugh and they tell me that I'm a funny person. But i feel more and more alone Im starting to spend all day alone with nobody in the house. I feel Isolated. Skype- samuel.tandy
>>
>>23727684
Because people suck big fucking dick and are phony as hell
>>
M/17/TX

I'm alone but not really that lonely. I don't know what's wrong with me but I'm pretty lacking when it comes to empathy or compassion. I can be social when it's required, or if I'm looking for a casual hookup, but it drains me.

TL;DR Sometimes I think I'm a sociopath.
>>
Its almost disconcerting when I think about it, I just moved to a new city in one of the biggest changes of my life and I wonder if it may be a side effect
>>
M/23/Ireland

I used to have tonnes of friends and aquaintances but the older I got the worse my anxiety and depression got. Now I'm down to a small handful of people I talk to but even then Im usually too anxious or depressed to spend time with them.

Had a serious panic attack yesterday in front of my room mates that came out as an angry outburst and now Im hiding in my room from two of the only people I still considered to not hate me. Not sure what will happen now, Ill probably have to move out.
>>
Edit: My goal in life is to be a professional kill (Army Rangers). I derive satisfaction from violence, but I'm not a bully or anything. That just seems like the most constructive way to "scratch the itch".
>>
>>23727709
Well there's your problem. Huge changes in your life will always have an effect on your psyche, whether you realise it or not. Hopefully with some time to settle in youll meet some new people/get closer to the ones you already know in your new environment.
>>
File: 1456351834130.gif (1019 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1456351834130.gif
1019 KB, 500x281
22/m/FL

i've been staying single because of what im working on with myself, im long long over my past relationship, fucked plenty of girls inbetween then and now. i've had feelings to go with a relationship but i know i couldnt bring myself to it. why stick to one flavor when you can have them all?

oh i should mention i'm a sack of shit. it would be unfair to bring somebody into a relationship, i'm not in that mindset..although..i've been wanting to. with whats going on in my life, it wouldn't be right to put them in that circumstance. i know there are some girls that think of me as some project, idk why some of them eat that up. "oh i can change him, i can do x,y,z"

doesn't work like that. scorpio mentality doesn't help either.

on the contrary, once i dedicate myself into a relationship, i'm loyal, romantic, passionate, innovative the way i treat my girl.
>>
>>23727726
I know the feel brother,
>>23727724
Yeah I know Its been a few months already and I just want the damn adjustment
>>
24/f

i have 3 friends
- one who barely leaves the house, spends all her time with her pos boyfriend, cancels plans with me all the time
-one who whines about not doing anything and when we go out and do stuff she whines the whole time, constantly complains about dumb shit or shit she refuses to take care of, is super clingy
- and one who i am desperately attracted to and we have a great relationship but i am not his "type" so i don't have a chance

the dating scene where i live is pretty sparse, too
>>
>>23727746
Not gonna lie, sounds like a weird situation, I have people who I would call similar, not exactly an ideal situation it seems
>>
File: 0231.png (175 KB, 395x421) Image search: [Google]
0231.png
175 KB, 395x421
20/m/us

My personality I guess. I'm too aggressive and come off as crass and rude. When I talk to girls I'll tell them what they're saying is retarded or they're acting like an idiot and that ends that. Also my sense of humor is basically calling the other person a moron and insulting them and they never pick up on it and get offended. The majority of women and people in general don't like that so I don't have many friends or close people. Or maybe I'm just autistic

>tfw no qt introverted cynical gf to hate the world with
>>
24/f

Depression. I'm going to therapy now and my therapist says I have experienced a push-pull rejection since I was very young. I've isolated myself from friends who weren't that great of friends anyways. I have a paralyzing fear of relationships. I've considered moving to a city but I don't like being around so many people all the time.
>>
>>23728047
Sounds rough, you can pull through though, a city is the perfect place to be lonely in a crowd though
>>
19/m
I'm not stable unless I'm meeting people over the internet. Real people make me nervous.
>>
21/F/Canada

I'm out at least twice a week partying with a bunch of different social groups but I've been craving more of a personal connection. I miss having intellectual conversations, really intimate sex and being able to be really silly and sarcastic. Im lonely because im afraid of commitment and afraid of being used and most guys either want a one night stand or a serious relationship.
I just want to get to know someone thats smart and fun to be around and dtf
>>
>>23728145
Thats how I feel on a pretty regular basis. It gets tiresome having to maintain relationships that are purely superficial. but dont want to get close unless its too close
>>
>>23728170
It does get tiresome, but they require so much less maintenance than something real
>>
>>23728213
This is true, People just want so much or so little a happy medium is hard to find
>>
18/F/US
I'm lonely because I don't really put myself out there. It's just really hard for me to make friends nowadays. I avoid conversation likes it's a plague when the friends I have made over the years message me bc I'm just.. not the person I used to be. I have a boyfriend and all, but he is addicted to League of Legends. And he says he can't talk to his friends and play League while talking to me at the same time, so yeah. I like talking to him, he's my favorite person to talk to, but he just kind of likes doing his own thing I guess. And I'm so addicted to waiting for him to message me, I don't talk to anyone. And when he doesn't message me for hours on end, I feel extremely lonely.
It's basically my fault.
>>
>>23728234
Im sorry to hear that heres a fellow lonely friend if you need one, league of legends claims another victim
>>
>>23728145
What part of Canada?
>>
>>23728244
montreal
>>
29/m/us

lonely because i don't have friends anymore, haven't hanged out with anyone for like 2 years at this point. don't really go anywhere, don't really do anything. too boring and autist at this point to fix it. people generally don't seem to like me.
>>
>>23728285
oh dam really. im from Alberta. you sounded perfect.
>>
20/m/iowa

Major depression and anxiety issues along with Borderline personality disorder.

Ruining my life once again, havent gone to work for over a week. Been in my room the whole time playing csgo and contemplating suicide.

GF of 3 years left me 7 months ago and i still cant find the courage to even message another girl. I never have money even when I do go to work. Trying to start my twitch channel but my CPU cant handle it.

No idea what to do with my life. I know Im just hurting myself more by not working and not being social, but i really cant bring myself to go anywhere or do anything. Even though everyone that knows me dislikes me because of my ex being a crazy raving cunt. Cant find something I enjoy doing as far as work other than streaming and shit.

This may be the end.
>>
>>23728310
shame
>>23728332
My ex has bpd, couldnt bring himself to work or anything.
Remember that its okay to take time off when you need it
Try your best to take care of yourself though
Try to eat healthy and take walks, and not abuse any substances
But most importantly please please dont spend all your time alone
Even if the prospect of socializing seems complete unappealing try to get just a few minutes in a day. Isolation can do some terrible things
>>
>>23728418
Yea its been very bad this passed week. I really hate even leaving my computer. Its just getting to the point where I cant handle it.
>>
Because i ruined my life by drinking all the time, started using heroin, and fucking all of my friends' girlfriends so now I have no friends, I cheat like a motherfucker and have women but I don't respect them and I always feel I'm way smarter than they are, I had to take the semester off because I flunked this fall due to alcoholism and partying so now I'm back at home (19) and I'm stuck. No friends, no hobbies, no job, have a hate club, just my pretty girlfriend who should have left me a long time ago and I don't feel equal to. At least I'm sober... I need friends again, I miss laughing with my buddies but I hurt them all in the worst and most unforgivable way. I'm just a sexy piece of shit who is full of himself. I can see how that would not be fun to hang around with :(
>>
By not equal I mean I think I'm better than.
>>
>>23728145
>>23728285
>tfw I'm also in Montreal, but am looking for something more serious.
Oh well.
>>
>>23727708
i have that too, but i have a really strict ethical code that keeps me acting properly. If it drains you, you could be on the aspergers scale a little bit (not enough to count), i think thats my issue. Sociopaths usually enjoy manupulating people more and it energizes them.
>>
File: B7kXhQP.jpg (365 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
B7kXhQP.jpg
365 KB, 1200x1800
>A/S/L
28/M/DC
>Sexual Orientation
straight
>Relationship Status
happily married
>Text / Mic / Cam
Mic or Cam as I am trying to overcome my social anxiety
>MBTI Type
ISTJ
>Favorite Music
Indie, Surf, Shoegaze, Rockabilly, Goth, Punk. I like anything from Burger Records
>Favorite Movies
Grand Budapest Hotel, Sunshine, Moonrise Kingdom. Anything Wes Anderson :/
>Favorite TV Shows
Live:Game of thrones, Marco Polo, 30 Rock, Office, Parks and Rec
Anime: Log Horizon, Samurai Champloo, Bakemonogatari
>Favorite Books
Vonnegut, Sedaris, Poe, Lovecraft
>Favorite Vidya
Half Life Series, Ni No Kuni,
>Interests
going to shows, museum hopping, foodie, walking around with some music. Anime cons
>What boards do you use?
/ck/ /fa/ /fit/ /gif/ /f/ /soc/
>Are you a NEET?
no
>What languages do you speak?
English
>What are you looking for?
looking to better my conversational skills, annunciation, and dialogue structures with someone interesting.
>What are you not looking for?
creeps, meeting up, other sources of contact
>Contact Info
himynameiskevin0
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.