[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to the social aspect of meeting friends/dating/hooking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: go fuck youself.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
go fuck youself.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
What happened to the social aspect of meeting friends/dating/hooking up on the internet? As a guy I feel like I have to jump through a million hoops to land even one meh looking girl. And even then the girl expects to be treated like royalty.

The other 99% of the time I'm met with bots or get no response at all. What happened? This is a horrible hell of a dating world we live in now. Take me back to the golden age of being able to talk to actual girls as it should be.
>>
>>23706947

Maybe its because you are ugly?
Not trying to be rude, back when i was happy i couldnt make a girl to hang out with me for the time of my life.
Now im shredded and jacked, i go to 1 club and boom 10 hoes waiting for my cock.
Nah jk but seriously if you are ugly then i can tell you its because of that.
>>
>>23706998
>back when i was happy

FML, back when i was ugly i mean
>>
I wish you could make friends on the internet. it's hard to look for potential dates when you can't even look for potential friends
>>
>>23706999
so your subconscious is saying you were happier when you were uglier
>>
Perhaps it's because you're a dick. Judging by the looks isn't a good way to start out.
>>
Sorry man, it's a buyer's market on the internet. Don't like it, then you're going to have to learn to go outside and talk to women in real life.
>>
>>23709592
There is no way not to judge to some extent when all you can see is them...
>>
>>23709526
I don't understand all the women online and he always complain about men always sending them dick pics and no one being able to hold a conversation.
But every single Goddamn time I talk to one of them they put literally zero effort into the conversation, even after talking to me for days.
I'm convinced due to online culture/dating with women having men throw themselves at them that none of them actually learn any conversational skills at all.
>>
>>23706947
Tindr had bots? Don't use it, but Grindr has occasional bots and is shitty, but Scruff and Hornet and planet Romeo never had a bot. In my experience.
>>
it's a combo of you being not good looking enough and being boring
>>
>>23710006
You should make some female friends and ask to see their online dating profiles. Because most women get inundated with tons of messages, esp lazy: "hey how are you tonight?" messages. Unless they're super attractive, I don't bother to respond to those. And if the guy is not my type and has zero chance with me, I don't respond at all. Because that's easier than figuring a way to reject them without them getting angry and sending mean messages. Also, if the women you talk to are not good at holding a conversation, it's most likely because they're on the fence with you and so they're not willing to put that much effort in getting to know you - they're maybe a little bit interested (+ bored), but not really that interested.
>>
>>23710006
>>23710404
pretty much this, you get too many messages and eventually you just lose interest or energy to deal with it.
>>
If a girl sent me a message asking how I was I would be ecstatic. How do you start a conversation if not with, "How are you?"

Seriously, I'm not a fucking social guru. I have to start things off slow before I start asking more personal questions.

And I'm fairly certain I'm not ugly. Looks have never been a problem for me.
>>
If I'm ever single again, I've decided that I will only hit on guys in public, never use dating sites.

They're so much bullshit. Smoke and mirrors. A pictures the person chooses, a description written about themselves BY THEM and we all know how bad people are at judging themselves.

Going up and talking to strangers is underrated. You see them right there in that moment of mid-commute stress, not some photo of them lounging on vacation with a pina colada. Do they have a wedding ring, are they clean, do they seem to have anger issues? You'll see what they actually look like from not their "good angle". All big dealbreakers that can be judged before the first date.

Someday I might get me a sugarbaby this way. Find some cute college dude and offer to pay his way if he'll move in and be my companion. What can I say? I hate dogs but I love collars.
>>
>>23706999
Freudian slip.
>>
>>23710455
And that makes sense, but why do you stay on the site then? I mean, I agree that online dating is a massive drag, but why keep going on? Just spend a few hours a week becoming a regular at a decent bar instead, and you'll probably get better results.
>>
>>23710404
>>23710455
I understand the part about getting flooded with messages and the quality of them or lack of it.
I'm talking about after days of ongoing conversation they never bring up a topic themselves or articulate themselves in anything but the most rudimentary and basic manners.
Even things that are supposedly their interests, hobbies, goals and callings get dead-ended one sentence responses even when followed up on.

Very very rarely do I find one that will even attempt to have a back and forth discussion about a topic or interest.
I'm not saying I'm Mr. social with perfect conversational skills, but I'm capable of having a halfway decent conversation if met halfway.
>>
Grinder has higher ratio of f to m than tinder.

Happy hunting ;)
>>
>>23711047
Isn't Grindr gay only though?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.