[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Praying this belongs here. ITT: Fanime 2016 Who's going?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_mjahtxweDj1s1jmilo1_400.jpg (38 KB, 400x201) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjahtxweDj1s1jmilo1_400.jpg
38 KB, 400x201
Praying this belongs here.

ITT: Fanime 2016

Who's going?

What ya cosplaying?

Are you cosplaying?

You going to be there for the whole weekend or just a few hours?

Have you even heard of it?

I'm gonna go for the whole weekend, but I'm still not sure what I want to cosplay yet. Weebshit somewhat related.
>>
I'll almost certainly be missing this year and I'm really bummed about it. I and everybody else I'd usually room with got screwed by the hotel fuckery.
>>
>>23699344
Ah, ya. I'm not too far away from San Jose so it isn't that big of an issue if I can't get a hotel. Probably won't, though. Shit's expensive, and most places don't let anyone under 21 get rooms anyways. (I'm 19, friend I'm going with is a couple months younger, and my brother turns 18 after the con.) Learned the age restriction thing the hard way last year when my friends realized they had enough dosh to pool money to get a room for the night and after booking the room and when we went to pay upon checking in they said we couldn't get it because none of us were 21 yet. Really sucked ass.
>>
>>23699989
Good luck with that.

Where is Fanime? I think my cousin wanted to go this year.
>>
>>23699974
Ah yeah, you usually have to be 21 and have a credit card. I'm an old geezer by con standards so that hasn't been a problem for me in quite a while.

I'm doing the same thing for AX that you're doing for Fanime, though, since I couldn't get a room for that either.

>>23700023
It's at the San Jose convention center.
>>
>>23700042
Hm, yea, I think that's where my cousin was thinking about going. How is it?
>>
>>23700054
When I went last year, aside from my friend's ex being a cock, it was a lot of fun.
>>
>>23700054
It's my favorite west coast con, at least for the past few years. It's sort of a giant party con, rather than a big corporate thing like AX, and it's cosplay central. I like the location too, walking distance from food and shopping and the weather's perfect for a con, not freezing but not so hot you die in heavy costumes. Like I said, I'm really sad I'm not going because it's usually the highlight of my year.
>>
>>23700076
How would it be for someone who's not so into anime? Like, I've seen some of the more popular ones, FMA, AoT, few others. I mean, is it super focused on anime stuff?
>>
>>23700097
Been to SDCC before?
>>
>>23700098
Oh Lord no. Couldn't tell you how many people I saw cosplaying Scout from TF2, Marvel and DC characters, western cartoon characters (mostly steven universe). The merch in the dealer's hall and art gallery is mostly animu stuff, but there's plenty of non-animu stuff too, and the swap meet is diverse as all living hell. Real gold mine if you're into retro gaming and figure collecting. There's also an arcade and aside from the home consoles that weren't an Xbox and a couple of rhythm games I never heard of before going there, the weeb stuff wasn't very prevalent there either.

I think my favorite part of the arcade is that you can rent out board games, and you're totally free to play card games and other tabletop stuff there. It has a name along the lines of "gamer's hall" or some shit but my friends and I just call it the arcade.
>>
Just so you know /cgl/ is the go-to con board, and there's actually a thread for it already

>>>/cgl/8922700
>>
>>23700153
Ah, cool, thanks.
>>
This will be my first year going. I have a bunch of friends who always rave about how much fun they have at Fanime so I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to get into so much mischief while I'm there I can't wait. I'll probably be at the /cgl/ meet up if there is one this year.
Even though the con is in a month I haven't finalized my cosplay list, I might only bring a couple things because of suitcase space.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.