[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is being 5'10 a handicap with women ? would any femanon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2
File: 1440847638417.jpg (302 KB, 1235x919) Image search: [Google]
1440847638417.jpg
302 KB, 1235x919
is being 5'10 a handicap with women ?
would any femanon here date a 5'10 manlet ?

what's the minimum height you would consider dating ?
>>
>>23687068
A friend of mine was sick and ended up not being able to grow 12-14. He's married now. Personality man. If someone is so fucking picky, that person will never be satisfied with you.
>>
My 2 coppers.
>>
Hopefully this helps but I'm 5'10 and never had any one show interest in me AT ALL. Not even talking to me or being a friend

I know a guy who is 5'6 and he's been with over a dozen women and some were as tall as I am.

Some people definitely care but it's probably not as much of a hindrance as you think. Hope this helped.
>>
12-14 age wise. I forget the sickness, but he was isolated in a sanitorium for a year.
>>
>>23687068

Why is everyone in this thread so fucking weird

No, 5'10 is fine. Its normal. Most girls arent going to turn a dude down because he's 5'10 and if a girl does, just know they are in the minority. I mean yea most girls like super tall guys. But game has a lot to do with that.

A funny, average height guy > no personality 6'4 skelly.
>>
>>23687167
Fucking right.
5'10" is average.
I know a couple of guys who are 5'9"-5'11" who are unable to get any attention from girls (at least not the kind they want), but I know just as many, if not more, that get bang chicks on the regular, and couple that are happily married.
Being 5'10" ISNT your problem. Maybe being autistic your problem?
>>
Maybe stop blaming your romantic failures on things that are completely average and perfectly normal and talk to someone about what they notice about you that may be in your way.
But be careful. If they tell you that you're an autist, then you're fucked. There's no coming back from that one.
>>
My boyfriend is 5'9" and I'm 5'4" and I've never been happier. Height isn't the issue, more than likely. Personality is key, you could be the hottest person on the planet and still be alone because you have a shit personality.
>>
>>23687068
>Falling for /fit/'s 6'0 Manlet Meme

Dude 5'10" is fucking fine
>>
>>23687068
I'm 5 3' and have yet to meet a man my age/older who is as short/shorter than me.
There's hope for you,
>>
no, i'm 5'6 and dated a guy who's 5'3. he also had absolutely no issue getting laid
>>
>>23687068
I'm 1.73 (5´8´´) but compensate it with a 18 cm (7.5 inches cock). Dated girls taller than me and they were certainly happy to meet me.
>>
Okay okay, guys relax.

First off, it depends on which country you are, And it depends overall, i mean if you are 5'10 but it suits you and, you have a pretty face, are interesting, and easy to talk to, or have atleast money, then your good to go.
>>
>>23688003
well, my cock is 8 inch, i have no problem on that side
>>
I'm 5'9" and have only been outright rejected because of my height once (and it was on Tinder). Most women are pretty short, bruh.
>>
A male friend I know is 5'2 or so, has a stunning wife. [Was shocking as I know this friend through war-gaming,]

Height will turn off shallow people, sure, but if wasn't that it likely would have been another thing. If someone is not interested in you due to your height you're better off without them.

THATTTTTTT being said being 5'7 myself it does suck ass in general. But you gotta get past these things. Small hands is worse.
>>
>>23687081
My situation's not quite this bad, but I'm 5'10" and have to scratch and claw at every opportunity to get women to pay attention to me, and my 5'5" friend has literally been with over 100 women. (Although most of them... well, he can keep them.)
>>
>>23687068
My girlfriend is 5'4'', I'm 5'6''. Being tall isn't important, being taller than her is. Anything else is just being overly picky for no reason.
>>
>>23687068
>is being 5'10 a handicap with women ?
No
>would any femanon here date a 5'10 manlet ?
Yes
>what's the minimum height you would consider dating ?
Don't really have one. anything under 5 foot I guess.

The problem with 5'10 guys is they have the shittest self-esteem of the "manlets." It's like winning the silver medal in the olympics, you just fell short, you get upset about it, you carry a chip on your shoulder. It's why I'd probably prefer to date bronze medallists. They're just glad they placed at all.
>>
>>23689848
wrong thread faggot
>>
>>23689848
Is that all you can do? Spampost? Fag.
>>
>>23689947
It's not, but some guys buy into the whole "anything under 6' is manlet!" shit and get really fucking salty about it
>>
I'm 5'7" and prefer to date guys who're within 5 inches or so of my height. Possibly because that's the range most guys are in though...
Tallest guy I've been with was 6'1", shortest was 5'4". They were both jerks though, the guy I liked the best was 5'10" or so himself.

This isn't to imply that height has any solid correlation with personality, just that it doesn't matter in my opinion.
>>
All you manlets trying to feel better about yourselves topkek
>>
I perfer shorter guys because I am 5'2. :o
>>
>>23687894
How to improve your personality?
>>
>>23687068
really tall guys are usually incredibly lanky and might have a slight hunch in their back. Its harder for them to get gains or look "bigger"

Its awkward if the girl you're dating is an entire foot shorter than you.
>>
>>23687068
What the fuck kind of question is that? 5'10" isn't even short first of all, it's the national average height for men in the US. FAR from "manlet".
My boyfriend is 5'10" exactly.
I'd date him even if he were 5'5" because I love him for him and height is a non-issue for me.
>>
femanon here

Personally, I don't even consider guys under 5'11. But I suppose if i got to know a guy under that (but still taller than me) and he turned out to be a cool guy, I'd date him.
>>
femanon, I'm 5'10 so I'm pretty tall for a girl. I'd date someone 5'8 probably, but no shorter. I prefer to date someone at least my height.
>>
>>23694042

How tall are you?
>>
>>23687068
>tfw I'm a 24 year old 5'4" guy and there's constantly other guys complaining about being a perfectly normal, good height in these kinds of threads

Shut the fuck up, you pussy. You have no fucking clue how good you have it. If you can't get laid then your height is NOT the problem; you're probably autistic or creepy or boring. Even I'VE managed to fuck a few women in my lifetime.
>>
File: 1365182669335.jpg (36 KB, 462x432) Image search: [Google]
1365182669335.jpg
36 KB, 462x432
>>23687068
I'm 6'6", and throughout high school, went from 200 to 275 lbs (a lot of weightlifting and bike riding, plus working concrete construction). My best friend from college and high school was a 5'11" guy who looked like a tub of lard if he went over 160lbs.

Guess who's married, with four kids, and still has women hit on him at the bar all the fucking time? Even with a wedding ring on?

Not the 6'6" guy.

There's an assumption that women want huge men with huge dicks and huge feet and huge hands. And sure, maybe there's some women out there who are size queens.

But my dick is 7", my back has major issues, I always have to get a full size or luxury car when I do a car rental, I can never drive a convertible without feeling like Shaquille O'Neal in a Mazda Miata, I have to buy all my shoes and clothes online. I have an actual old-school tailor who does bespoke suits for me, because nobody carries anything approaching my size (think height and weight proportioned equally over a 6'6" frame and you have some concept - I wear a size 38/36 jeans and believe me when I say that's goddamn impossible to find in the store) and has to have ties custom-made for him because otherwise the stupid things stop around the fourth button on the shirt - being at my literal elbow-level is not a bad thing.

Stop calling yourself a manlet. I'm SHORT for the men in my family, and we have a history of heart disease, bad joints, gout, slipped discs in our back. None of us can drive a Prius or anything smaller - they're too short in leg room.

Sure, women of any height can wear heels around us, but try dancing with one and you realize that your elbows are at her eye height.

Don't call yourself a manlet. If you were 5'4" and 110 lbs, maybe. But believe me when I say size matters not.
>>
>>23696614
Seriously, You and I should drink sometime and see who goes home with a woman first, and gets laid.

My bet is on you. Mostly because there's a threshold women see when it comes to going out with a guy. It's like when a cat sees a Great Dane - sure, that cat MIGHT be totally cool with big dogs, but that cat is going to freeze and put the fur up until it's sure the Great Dane isn't a threat, no matter what.

Whereas a cat that meets a Boston terrier or a Westie is probably going to go "pfft, I can totally take your ass" even if that's not the case.

There's another side note here - having owned both Westies and Great Dane/Rottie mixes I can assure you that the Great Rotties are far more mellow and easy-going than the Westies are, and the Westies are more likely to try to shred any cat that comes on their turf.

My Dane/Rotties, on the other hand, would gladly let all the cats in the world shove them out of their dog beds to sleep on the floor.
>>
>>23694262
5'1, most likely (seriously).
>>
I'm 5'7" and my bf is an inch shorter than me. Height doesn't matter
>>
>>23694042
See, that's funny, because as a guy well over 5'11", if you tell me you're into tall guys, I'm not going to be into you.

That's like some woman telling me, "ooo, I'm into redheads" or "ooo, I like a man who has freckles" or "ooo, I like guys who have green eyes".

I can't control any of that shit, so fantastic, I'm your tall redheaded green-eyed freckle sex toy. If I told you I was only into women who I could literally pick up while fucking them, I'd have 90% of the female population telling me I have unrealistic expectations.

(I don't, really, because I can do that with women up to 160lbs. But any more than that and I'm risking health issues, so when I say if that WAS my fetish any woman over 160lb need not apply, guess what? I'm a guy with unrealistic expectations. Sure. And my cats could totally go on a vegan diet without health repercussions.)
>>
>>23691881
Start by loving who YOU are, not who you think you should be.

If you don't like yourself, other people won't like you, either.

Pretty simple.

I still like the fact that I am able (and willing) to walk around grocery stores with random little old ladies who can't reach things on the top shelf when I have time. (It's one of those things that helps me balance out some of my good karma.) I don't have a problem asking a mom out with three kids if she needs a hand getting stuff in her car, or helping someone with a suitcase who obviously needs a hand to do it.

What I think is funny is that my height is a very, VERY narrow demographic (and you can tell by the fact that I can't find clothing for shit anywhere except specific websites that carry very limited choices) and for some reason a certain type of woman likes to think that this is her ideal version of manhood.

Any woman who fetishizes guys my height also better be capable of handling guys my height when the back goes out.

If you can't handle picking up dog shit the size of your head, you shouldn't get a Great Dane. End of story.
>>
>>23696771
My dad is 6'6", my mom is 5'0". She didn't really care about height, he's also younger than her, it's just the way it worked out. I'm right in the middle and I feel too tall for a girl (5'7", have had people say tall girls are disgusting). My dad never had a problem getting gfs and doesn't have back issues (he's almost 60). He's like 250lbs is what he told me.
>>
>>23687957
6' is average tgo
>>
>>23696725

There ya go, boys. Girls who deny short boys are genetic trash themselves.

Not even a bitter manlet. Just a lanklet who feels for the other side.
>>
My husband is 5'9 and I love it, we're pretty much almost the same height. Makes kissing so much easier.
>>
>tfw 5'7

i have no chance
>>
>>23696771
Not the anon you responded to, but I'm 5'9 and I'm fine talking to people (work in retail) but its hard to love imperfection (yourself). I have this odd crippling fear of talking about things I like to do because they may be seen as too nerdy/strange and instantly make people not like me or want to interact with me, particularly women. But if I don't talk about things I do, I see like a lonely empty person. Its a strange duality. In this generation its hard to say "Yea I play video games in my spare time" without seeming like a giant loser towards women, though I do a fair amount of sports/competition shooting that tends to make women my age think of me as a serial killer..

Maybe im just over thinking everything.
>>
>>23698910

Not just genetic trash, but personality trash too. Never have I met a woman who obsessed over height that wasn't a cunt.

We all have our tastes and preferences, but a physical attribute obsession is almost always a red flag.
>>
>>23696795
Except it's not
>>
5'3" guy here, always felt a bit intimidated and had my fair share of run ins with shallow people but in the end just prove that their not worth it. gotta move and keep on trying
>>
>>23696745
Nice massive humble brag
>>
>>23687068
I'm 5'8" and I've never been cock blocked because of it. Then again, I'm not a sperg making threads on 4chan.
>>
5'2 girl here, as long as a boy is taller me I don't really care. Ideal is like 5'6-5'10 tho.
>>
5'7" female here, I honestly don't mind the height difference and have dated shorter guys.

I've found that most of the time the guys are actually the ones that have a problem with it. :(
>>
>>23699771
date me then >:3
>>
>>23687068
>would any femanon here date a 5'10 manlet ?
fuck no

I have standards
>>
>>23687068

i'm just about 5'4', so fairly average if a little on the short side for a female, and the first guy I dated was 5'6" and it absolutely never bothered me. anything over 5'8" seems tall to me.

unless the guy was shorter than me i don't think I would think twice about it. there are other factors that I care way more about.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.