[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tl;dr Anon wants to forge a /soc/ house in a major city. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: a.jpg (23 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
23 KB, 500x343
tl;dr
Anon wants to forge a /soc/ house in a major city.

I'm an anon with business, security, and law experience that wants to try something "new".

I'm testing the waters here to gauge interest, and this idea is still in its developmental stages, but I was wondering if any of you /soc/ialites would be interested in living in a /soc/ house in a major city such as San Francisco (and the Silicon Valley region), New York, Chicago, Portland, or Boston. The house would maintain a minimalistic decor, and would be in a ritzier area of town. It would be similar to an upscale frat house without all the parties and bullshit except for a social/mixer every now and then (once every four months).

cont.
>>
>>23682040
The idea would be to have a massive central common room, and smaller individual rooms for privacy. The common room would need to be kept clean at all times, but what goes on in your private rooms would be up to the individual. Private rooms would be fully soundproofed. Access to the house and individual rooms would be given via keycards to maximize efficiency and avoid lock-changing issues. It would also restrict duplication.

This could easily become a reality, and the house will discriminate based off of a) personality types, b) habits/lifestyle, c) financial security, and d) accountability. All individuals would be welcome to apply from robots to Stacies.

Individuals who are likely to be accepted are those who play well with others or keep to themselves. Bullshit would not be tolerated and will run on a two strike rule -- people would only be allowed to fuck up once.

The initial expenses of creating such a house would be absorbed by myself. The goal of this house would be to create a social, safe, and diverse environment. It would also be organized in such a fashion to diminish the typical costs of rent in these parts of the city. The current design in mind is a 2-story house with an underground space. The first story would be the common area. The second story would be the rooms. The underground space would be an "entertainment area" filled with a bar, video games, televisions, pool tables, etc.

What do you all think? I'm not here to listen to criticisms on how it won't work -- I've done well enough for myself to know that it will work. The planning is much more detailed than described above
>>
what is the end goal of doing something like this?
>>
>>23682055
To create a social environment where people can engage with one another.

It benefits me by:
a) Providing a steady stream of rental income.
b) Allowing me to hold mixers and "network" with a relatively guaranteed turnout.
c) Agglomerating talented, diverse individuals.
d) Giving me a fun place to hangout when I'm bored that's not full of snobs. Putting on airs is disgusting to me.
>>
>>23682040
FUCK no. I hate 94% of /soc/ users. I'd be all for an /n/ house, /b/ house, /x/ house, /pol/ house, /g/ house, etc. But fuck no I wouldn't live in a /soc/ house. Fuck, even an /r9k/ house would be better than a /soc/ house.
>>
>>23682243
>/x/ house
that would be really interesting as long as it densest become a bunch of people doing divination on each other
>>
My phone died.

It's a very good idea. You can buy an abandoned hotel in a major city and turn it into what OP is describing. Not a bad idea...
>>
>>23682265
>become a bunch of people doing divination on each other
That would be the best part, though!
>>
>>23682243
Pretty sure that /x/ would turn it in to a cult.

/g/ would create cliques

/pol/ and /b/ would be like a zoo
>>
>>23682342
I would get in just to make a cryptid hunting group
that would be the best part for me
>>
>>23682373
>/g/ would create cliques
nailed it
>>
>>23682040
>Chicago

Yeah. Just nowhere near the southside.

Idk how well I'd fit into this plan though since I'm financially secure but only because I'm on SSI for being incredibly mentally ill(although I tend to stay by myself in my room unless I'm going out and have no friends so no one will be over or making noise on my end).

But it seems like a neat idea for other people.
>>
I honestly think long term it won't work really work the way we all behave. I may be wrong ofc.
>>
I don't think /soc/ users are the type of people to make this work
>>
I'm just imagining the horror of living with Brandon, Craterface, and Maxim. No thank you
>>
>>23682357
>Pretty sure that /x/ would turn it in to a cult.
Perfect!
>/g/ would create cliques
There would be only two: The Linux-users clique and the faggot clique.
>>
how many mirrors will there be? can all the walls be mirrors with "10/10 bb wud fuk" written on them?
>>
>>23682487
>I don't think /soc/ users are the type of people to make this work

The thing is, I don't think anyone is the type of person to make this work. Why there is a huge screening and unique selection when they pick people for space missions.

The only way I see it work if someone (possibly me) buys property then someone (possibly me) creates contracts and then collects rent at the end of the month.

Other thoughts and ideas are welcomed:
>>
>>23682497
And what's bad about the 3rd one exactly?
>>
>>23682484
Roommate situations seem to *never* work "longterm" in my experience, and based on other people I know.
>>
Thea idea is great, I'd love to pay <1k a month and hang out with like minded people. At the same time I don't want to murder anyone and would prefer to be a hermit.
>>
>>23682580
>like minded
one word, oh well
>>
Nonetheless, if this was an orgy house...
>>
>>23682615
I mean chances are if it's co-ed and there are both men/women who are norms or norm wannabes then it's a pretty good chance someone is gonna end up getting f*cked.

Most of the guys on soc though? lmao
>>
>>23682622
There went nothing ^:/
>>
File: anal_sphincter.gif (1000 KB, 475x242) Image search: [Google]
anal_sphincter.gif
1000 KB, 475x242
Most retarded shit I ever read nigga
>>
cool cult you are starting bro
>>
no cult, casual interaction with one another on daily basis :)~
>>
>>23682040
I'd be down for this it's a shame I'm a poorfag
>>
OP here. The screening would be relatively comprehensive. It will be co-ed, and the ratio will be maintained within a strict range between 4:6 and 6:4 guy:girl ratio.

/soc/ users aren't the type to make this work. I'm the type to make this work. This is a long-term plan, and will take years before fruition. I was just gauging the market, and it seems like people like the concept.
>>
>>23683540
How many people?
What's the rent cost range?
House size/number of rooms?
How will people be paired up and how many per room?

I've thought of doing the same thing as you, but never had the balls to go through with it.
>>
>>23682615
it could become one
>>
No I don't want to live with 4 garbage sluts and 50 autistic guys asking to play with their feet and see their buttholes
>>
>>23686448
Yeah in the same way that literally anything could *potentially* happen
>>
>>23683540
>>23685313

I'm down. I am very much financially stable and can live anywhere because my job is travel-based. As long as I'm near an airport, I'm good with whatever.
And, because my job is travel-based, I won't be home Thurs AM through Mon AM.
My only question/concern is regarding pets. I have an older cat who is declawed (by previous owner, not myself) and is hypoallergenic. She's pretty much the perfect apartment/rental housing pet. She also stays in my room 90% of the time anyway and wouldn't mind if she had to stay there all the time.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.